Events are so bad even people who make their living off this game are not playing them.

GGG really needs to take a step back and think about what they are doing. No one is playing these events, no one is watching people play these events. The ruthless with gold event was the exact OPPOSITE of how it was advertised. They don't seem to have any idea what people actually want. And now being secretive about the upcoming changes and just saying "it will be fun, just trust us bro"... have not earned that trust. In fact they have directly broken that trust over and over and still don't seem to get why people don't like what they are doing. Their direction does not bode well for the future of the game and POE2.
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2023, 1:34:32 PM
yes they were really bad. no idea why they did this. why not just stick to what worked well in the past?

ppl were already upset that the league got delayed again and then they give us events most ppl cant even play because they dont have poe friends
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Mar 22, 2023, 1:01:36 PM
Yeah, these mostly missed me. I would enjoy the Ruthless w/ Gold if it wasn't voided. I just hit 45 and then deleted the character after I realized I wasn't having fun building a character in a very grindy mode only to lose it at the end of the month. If I could keep the character, I would have kept going.

The forced party play events are a strange choice in a genre that is probably majority solo players. Maybe I'm wrong on the stats, but I feel like I'm not alone in that I prefer to play alone largely.

But I won't begrudge them trying something new. If you don't push the envelope, you'll get stagnate. I wish they would revisit the thought that all events are voided though. That makes even the good ones feel bad for me.
aye 45 and deleted aswell. horrible events.

Spoiler
hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Mar 22, 2023, 1:18:54 PM
I REALLY do not understand why they aren't making voided events more crazy and/or original. Make them real events instead of an afterthought they slap on at the end of a league. Make them something we'd look forward to.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
I REALLY do not understand why they aren't making voided events more crazy and/or original. Make them real events instead of an afterthought they slap on at the end of a league. Make them something we'd look forward to.

The best explanation I can think of is it making anything that follows pale in comparison. It's like people who take stimulants, they love the high and anything afterward just feels like a low. The event would potentially make the league that immediately follows feel kind of lackluster with the recent memory of the highly caffeinated event.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 22, 2023, 2:19:39 PM
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

The best explanation I can think of is it making anything that follows pale in comparison. It's like people who take stimulants, they love the high and anything afterward just feels like a low. The event would potentially make the league that immediately follows feel kind of lackluster with the recent memory of the highly caffeinated event.

I also think that they are in development hell right now with PoE 4.0 and Exilecon prep. Nothing "extra" is being pushed into some of these secondary areas it seems. If it isn't absolutely necessary it's not happening.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

I also think that they are in development hell right now with PoE 4.0 and Exilecon prep. Nothing "extra" is being pushed into some of these secondary areas it seems. If it isn't absolutely necessary it's not happening.

While I'm not sure it explains the past couple of years, at this point you're definitely correct for the current situation. Exilecon can only really be about poe2, and it's been so many years now of waiting that I'm willing to bet they realized a new campaign absolutely will not cut it.

So yea, doubt they even wanted to put effort into these events. All hands for poe2
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

I see that. And this may be very subjective, but without enough "awe", I just think 99% of all events fall into a dead space. But a lot of players clearly think it's "just enough", so...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Mar 22, 2023, 2:39:28 PM
they know people are trying LE and D4 right now

just play the regular game if you don't like it
or play another game like the rest of us
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info