I played 30min of Diablo IV and I already have a BIG REQUEST to GGG.

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
"
hasatt0 wrote:
A huge part of why PoE is fun and so deep is due to 'friction' and RNG. Remove that and it becomes D3.

That's sarcasm right? RIGHT?

Why do you protest? They didn't even need to specifically state POE. Friction and RNG is a big part of this genre. How much friction and how much RNG required for fun depends on the player. The developer sets the friction and RNG and the players that like it will stay.

To put it in perspective, imagine being able to decide what drops or even an item editor. And then imagine you don't even need to do anything of consequence to win. You just enter the area and things can't hurt you and they just fall over dead because having to hit them at all is some level of friction, then you select what drops in a deterministic fashion because anything else would be some level of RNG. You want a Mageblood? Pick that. Hell, having to run to the mob that instantly dies could be called friction. I don't know what a no-friction game would look like.

Anyway, just because you don't like the RNG and friction in POE doesn't mean it has to be sarcasm for someone else to like where GGG set the RNG and friction.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 20, 2023, 1:28:38 PM
i watched a few hours of world of diablocraft and have a BIG request for GGG

dont make your arpg an mmo like diablo 4

thanks
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
neah, scrools are ok...And also the gamblind aspect of unid legendaries is a thing...Somehow I do try cheap unid uniques in hopes of the big jackpot...

It's ok...it keeps the unicity of items in place...because on the other hand your item is like a chaos away from other items identified , while it could be a divine away unid.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Mar 20, 2023, 4:48:30 PM
I wouldn't mind getting rid of scrolls but I don't mind keeping them either.
By week 3/4 of the league I'm barely doing any id'ing anyway since my loot filters are set to be ultra tight.

Getting rid of them would be a very small QoL with unknown consequences.
After playing Last Epoch and seeing the benefit of have the items automatically dropped identified I see here a big value and equally a risk.

The benefit is for sure that you can directly filter your items superficially and can only show/highlight items with specific stats/values. Just imagine how many great items we have not picked up just because they where UNID'd?

The risk is that this will also overflow the market with good rares and the price of crafted rares could drop a bit.

But overall I really like the concept of Last Epoch in that case. I have to pickup way less rares because all the rares with bad stats are just hidden and I don't see them.
"
Schnuedde wrote:

The benefit is for sure that you can directly filter your items superficially and can only show/highlight items with specific stats/values. Just imagine how many great items we have not picked up just because they where UNID'd?

The risk is that this will also overflow the market with good rares and the price of crafted rares could drop a bit.

I think the drop rate/value is based upon the assumption that great things sometimes just sit on the ground and never get identified. If everything dropped identified, I think the drop rate would be changed proportionally to reflect the current rate they would be available in the market -- meaning good mods would happen less often than they do now.

The unintended consequence of that might mean the mod rolls less often, making crafting harder. I suppose they would make the rate of a mod depend on whether it dropped, or was being rolled with currency.
They can do like D3 "book of cain" the system of identify items is there but better in my opinion
D4 < D2. These won't ever be removed.
scrolls of wisdom are fine lol just stop being lazy :)
Twenty years later, still identifying items in an arpg...

Hell even Deckard Cain in D2 knew we would be getting annoyed with this, and offered to help for free! What a G.

The funny thing is, that PoE (and Sentinel League exposed this), relies on the fact that players typically won't ID or pick up everything. In fact players pick up a fractional amount compared to what drops.

At the very least GGG should introduce an "Identify All" vendor / npc if they are insistent for a tech or philosophical reason of leaving things UNID as you loot. Perhaps they could reintroduce a sexy Zana librarian with this skill.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 24, 2023, 6:39:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info