I played 30min of Diablo IV and I already have a BIG REQUEST to GGG.

Scroll of wisdow. Can we get ride of it?
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Mar 17, 2023, 2:15:46 PM
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2023, 5:14:14 PM
Scroll of wisdom is integral to PoE because that's one of the core things they copied from D2. Without it you'll lose immersion. You know something like trading.
What's truly embarrassing is that D3 has had mass ID for years. Good luck on removing ID entirely.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
I agree something has to be done.

But as I've suggested in other threads; instead of removing them, I would rather see rare items dropping with 1-3 affixes identified. You're loot filter would highlight "good potentials" and identifying those items would actually be interesting. It would actually add something.

Make that change and they wouldn't just fix the boring wisdom scroll mechanic, but they would take a HUGE step towards making rare items worth picking up.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Mar 17, 2023, 2:32:10 PM
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:

No. Unid items are thing.
"
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:

We could just have ID and TP buttons instead of scrolls, like modern, civilized people, unid items can stay. However, Chris said loud and clear "no, we like having scrolls", so that's it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:

just play diablo4 seems easier.

GGG is stuck in a mindset from 20+ years ago
"
raics wrote:
"
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:

We could just have ID and TP buttons instead of scrolls, like modern, civilized people, unid items can stay. However, Chris said loud and clear "no, we like having scrolls", so that's it.

Dunno, personally i wouldn't change much current id and tp mechanics other than dedicated slots for them.
A fun survey:
Raise your hand those of you who, back on D2, still bothered with those wisdom BS past early act 1 and not just ignored their existence after cain was out of his cage

(Gonna be surprised if enough raised hands to count a full hand worth of fingers)

I kinda get that they maybe want the ID system to stay for reasons like the interaction with some vendor recipes(like the chaos recipe that values extra unid sets) and to keep auto-appraising by item filter from getting out of hand. Also, some unid uniqs with large range of variation or specific very impactful properties with variations are worth a lot more or less when unid so i can understand keeping the system
But yeah... an option to id whole inv when you just dont want unid things(most of the time) is WAY overdue, just make it optional with give ways to keep specific stuff unid and presto(its not hard, we could simply stash unid stuff we wanted to keep unid before sending the rest to cain back on D2 literally dont need anything any fancier)
Last edited by feike on Mar 17, 2023, 3:28:12 PM
A huge part of why PoE is fun and so deep is due to 'friction' and RNG. Remove that and it becomes D3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info