No Balance Manifestos for 3.21 - Here's Why

Make bows great again!
"
Majeye wrote:
"
Cassie322 wrote:
How am I supposed to update my amazing Arc Inquisitor league start guide (on the forums) if you don't tell us what's nerfed :(

Simple answer? You don't.

I, for one, LOVE that they're doing this. I wish ALL game dev companies would do this.

We don't need guides to play games, I miss the days when people had to figure things out on their own, find their own playstyle, what works for them, etc - instead of relying on what some rando streamer or guide creator is building and thinks will work best for the community.

To the community,

Go out, explore, find what works for you individually, I bet you'll create better builds than any of these guide creators can anyway.

Keep it up, GGG! Can't wait to see what's in store in the upcoming expansion patch!

People relied on guides back in the day just as much as they do now. The format is just different.
At this point you guys still we still have the same problem someone is not listening ...
1. An OP league is a good league ...people will think about it and say ... man I had a blast ... it was so nice ... I crafted etc, I had 900 ms, and it was fun ... overall I had a blast ... (these are just different examples that different players find them as being well FUN!!!)

2. there will be a small minority of players in the corner that want a hardcore version... for accomplishments to be meaningful...
to play that masochist mode like the Gauntlet etc ...but now they have it ... it`s called Ruthless ...

3. The community is already split into SC, HC, SSFSC, SSFHC, SCRuthless, HC Ruthless, SSFSC Ruthless, and SSFHC Ruthless.. one would assume that at this point most of the player base is happy and everyone has a mode for themselves to play ...

4. The only way I see this work is if the patch notes are released 1-2 weeks before the game launch like the Manifesto was so that you guys get the feedback ... and do something with that Feedback !!!

5. Diablo 4 is around the corner and if we remove Sanctum from the equation ... things don`t look that great for you guys 4-5 leagues in a row it was ba ... 3.15-3.19 ... you have just redeemed yourselves with Sanctum... it was a s storm before Sanctum almost every league ... had issues a lot of stuff has been nerfed to the ground ... from some player`s perspective ... and I mean good players ... crafting is now in most cases essence spamming on fractured bases ...that`s just bad, but hey!! some people like it ... so I guess we go with it ... Harvest went from 20-30 crafts to .. 2 crafts and those 2 are a sick joke for some players ... true and no I`m not talking about Winged Scarab Farming that`s a different level of gameplay...should not even be in the game ... looks a lot like mirroring maps that you guys removed a while back

6. This is not 28 June 2000 ... 23 years have since passed... the player community has completely changed ...and you guys have the data .hopefully you will understand that in 2023 you lose by not listening to the player base or community that being said if players don`t have the patch notes in time I don`t see them investing the time and resources into the game and everything is written so far is my own "Here's Why" !!! ...

I love POE and I hope you guys will make the right decisions moving forward in improving and making POE, a better game !!!
Translation - the manifesto was so bad, that our marketing team was afraid nobody would donate if we release it earlier..

GGG ,please stop killing your own game with these constant nerfs and massive dps differences between builds..

If you continue ppl will just move on to D4.. And this time its for real..

Another fail league will be very bad..
Last edited by Ivanovv83 on Mar 12, 2023, 6:58:41 PM
No worries <3
Big fuckin redflag, if you fuck up again, you screw all the POE2 launch, don't think people going to forgive every time when you lie and fuck up things.
I really hope it is the rework for sockets and links.
By the muscular golden arse of Innocence! -Kirac
You could bring back the mana archetype. Archmage Support, I miss thee.
"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
Majeye wrote:
"
Cassie322 wrote:
How am I supposed to update my amazing Arc Inquisitor league start guide (on the forums) if you don't tell us what's nerfed :(

Simple answer? You don't.

I, for one, LOVE that they're doing this. I wish ALL game dev companies would do this.

We don't need guides to play games, I miss the days when people had to figure things out on their own, find their own playstyle, what works for them, etc - instead of relying on what some rando streamer or guide creator is building and thinks will work best for the community.

To the community,

Go out, explore, find what works for you individually, I bet you'll create better builds than any of these guide creators can anyway.

Keep it up, GGG! Can't wait to see what's in store in the upcoming expansion patch!

People relied on guides back in the day just as much as they do now. The format is just different.

I would agree with you in almost 99% of the games out there ... except for POE-type games... you can`t just go and do it!!! This is not Diablo 2 to farm Countess for the right runes and then once you got them all you can just finish the game ... Here you can`t Finish the game if you have taken the wrong passives if you have equipped the wrong items if... if... if... !!!

You will get hammered if some "insignificant" changes happen... we all know the triple nerf that skills get when they get "Balanced" ... and there`s a currency in the middle ... actually one of the most important currency in the whole world .. TIME ... I wish they would stop nerfing builds based on Popularity ... and just create similar strong builds ... personally, I play builds that feel good ... I hate clunky piano builds ... obviously players will always be attracted to those 1 button builds ( The majority that is!! ) we don`t talk in particularities !! There will always be that guy that wants to go through the campaign in a week or still has never passed the campaign

What you are describing was nice 20 years ago ... but now that would just be a waste of time ... if players are playing and not having fun what is the point of playing?
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Ok guys, here it is. Whatever build you played this league, better say your farewells while it's still alive, it's definetely going to die with 3.21. Massive numerical "changes" without manifesto... build massacre incoming.. calling it now.
Should I start panicking already or better wait for some actual patch notes? Can't decide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info