[Bricked] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
Inferius90 wrote:
Predator support is better than elemental penetration
and it helps with targetting specific monsters

Not in my opinion. Penetration helps most when you need it most, rares with a lot of elemental resists, etc.

If you want the control that predator gives, (which i dont) drop minion damage, or if you dont have anomalous faster projectiles yet, drop controlled destruction.

MAJOR CHANGE TO THE BUILD!

I tested out Anomalous Faster Projectiles.....
And it is AMAZING!

It is now a top priority for upgrade path.
We drop Controlled Destruction to make room for it.
This requires our chest to be 4B-2G

I have updated the PoB, and various parts of the guide.
Ok, I changed the recommended body armor upgrade.
Skin of the Loyal is way too expensive, so is Skin of the Lords.
But... a +2 duration gems Tabula is VERY cheap, only 24c as I write this.
"
Odif wrote:
"
Mumuzet wrote:
Just reached Act 5 and so far the bosses and areas were a breeze. I'm so excited!
And got another question - assumed we are supposed to use only Vaal Skeletons at some point. If so how to gather souls fast enough without another DD? Right now I got normal Skeletons to clear areas and for soul gathering and I'm summoning the Vaal Skeletons only for bosses or Forge encounters. Tried to use only zombies and skitterbots, but imo on harder areas it wouldn't be fast enough for my char to survive until Vaals are up.

The vaal summon skeleton gem has BOTH the regular skel and vaal skel spells on it.
We socket it, and we have access to both, using regular skels all of the time, and on hard stuff, vaal skels in addition to the regular skels

Omg, I'm such a noob!:D Thank you for being so patient. Will read more before asking next time.
Like the build so far one question I have is why not drop ele pen gem for greater multi and use fleshcrafter? If this has been addressed and I missed sorry.
Really enjoying this build so far. Thank you very much for the great guide. Only thing I am really struggling with is getting high dex... Currently I am only at 86. Any tips?

E: Nevermind I bought new boots and gloves with a solid amount of dex :)
Last edited by Ovenschotel on Apr 15, 2023, 11:53:32 AM
"
Odif wrote:

what about fleshcrafter? does this still work ok with this build?
also, wouldnt it allow us to remove elemental penetration, and put something else in?
Last edited by demodread1975 on Apr 15, 2023, 7:22:06 PM
I can't get Anomalous Faster Projectiles is it a good idea to switch to Skele Mages combined with the skill that was previously on Anomalous' place? The Dead reckoning is affordable, but Anomalous is 1 Div atm.

E: I'm on Maps now. Managed to buy Tabula with +2 and helmet +1 to minion skills, but for now can't get good wand and other gear parts.
What's your recommendation - to buy Dead reckoning and switch to mages first or to farm for wand and stick to Skele fighters until my gear is ready (assuming I won't be able to buy the Anomalous any time soon)?"
Last edited by Mumuzet on Apr 16, 2023, 12:12:39 PM
"
demodread1975 wrote:
"
Odif wrote:

what about fleshcrafter? does this still work ok with this build?
also, wouldnt it allow us to remove elemental penetration, and put something else in?

I wondered too, but reading into it, if you have more than 50% chaos resist on your minions, they die instantly with fleshcrafter. we would have to look at the tree i think. im reading 78% all resists when i mouse over my minions, i think that includes chaos? im not sure. haha not sure enough to drop divines on getting a fleshcrafter.
Im at T16 and not having much issues but sometines i feel lack dps, i should change my helmet to +2 but not sure what more shall i swap except armor. Atm 5.5k hp but sometimes getting 1 shotted and dunno from where it came

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info