[Bricked] Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
ActarionPOE wrote:
Hello, i don't get why zeloutry + generosity, since minions can't proc consecrated ground.

is it only for the spell dmg% and spell %critical chance ?

thanks

zealotry
increase spell critical chance
deal more spell damage

generosity increase them

only use those both when you already transition to skel mage
Looks like the pantheon may have changed since the guide was written:

Garukhan (60% reduced effect of shock) has the upgrade cannot be blinded/maimed
Yugul (50% reduced reflected damage) has the upgrade 30% reduced effect of curses

Which is recommended for this build?
"
Carcelero wrote:
Did you ever kill shaper/uber elder with this build? It's viable?

I have not, but others have, it has more than enough dps and defense for shaper and uber elder, you just need to know the fights.
"
Verikansa wrote:
Hey guys,

Do the lvl 20 skeleton gem for the Dead reckoning recipe needs to be a normal one or can it be Phantasmal/Divergent, etc?

Thanks!

I dont know, sorry.
"
ActarionPOE wrote:
Hello, i don't get why zeloutry + generosity, since minions can't proc consecrated ground.

is it only for the spell dmg% and spell %critical chance ?

thanks

Yes, skel mages do spell damage, so boosted with generosity, zealotry is a LOT of damage.
"
pabraham wrote:
Looks like the pantheon may have changed since the guide was written:

Garukhan (60% reduced effect of shock) has the upgrade cannot be blinded/maimed
Yugul (50% reduced reflected damage) has the upgrade 30% reduced effect of curses

Which is recommended for this build?

Thanks, I will fix it.

We want reduced curse effect.
Hello! Quick question, from the Skeleton Mages part of the guide:

Vaal Summon Skeleton linked to Pierce, Spell Echo, Elemental Penetration, Controlled Destruction, Minion Damage

However, Spell Echo cannot be linked to Vaal skills. Maybe that part of the guide is outdated? What gem could take its place instead?
"
DavGlen wrote:

Vaal Summon Skeleton linked to Pierce, Spell Echo, Elemental Penetration, Controlled Destruction, Minion Damage

However, Spell Echo cannot be linked to Vaal skills. Maybe that part of the guide is outdated? What gem could take its place instead?

Maybe just a tooltip issue. It DOES work - at least the "repeat the spell" part does. You can easily test this: With Spell Echo, you summon 8-10 Skeletons (depending on your other gear and your amulet annoint) at once, without spell echo it's only 4 a time.

TBH, it's more of a QOL thing. Damage-wise, there might be better options. I replaced Spelll Echo with Elemental Army. More dps, especially against tougher enemies like bosses and rares. I didn't do extensive testing though, so there might be even better choices.

Altogether, this is a great guide and a very fun build. Really like it. Many thanks to Odil!

"
DavGlen wrote:

The Spell Echo only helps the regular skels, not the vaal skels.
But, since it lets us cast twice as many regular skels per cast, AND is a more multiplier on their cast speed, its SO worth it.

Even without a 5th support, vaal skels does a ton of damage, you get 22-24 skel mages with vaal skel (depending on gem level) (15 from Jewel, and 7-9 base from Vaal Skels)

So ya, it don't help Vaal Skels, but its still worth it.
Last edited by Odif on Apr 24, 2023, 6:46:11 PM
Hello, I am a newbie to this game. I have been playing this game for the first time since 3.21 and have played up to 90 lvls with the help of this build guide. Thanks for a great beginner friendly build.
My question is, is this build suitable for expedition?
Sorry if it is poor English as I am using a translation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info