Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Fractured shard drop rate

"
Zionyaru wrote:
Not to mention selling the shards as opposed to the whole orb nets you much less currency so if you don't commit to getting 20 shards (or buying the difference for resale) you lose out as well.

How ?
If a shard is less than roughly 1/20 of the orb's value, then doesn't it mean that you can buy shards until you get 20, and then sell the orb to make a profit ?

If I check market values on SC Sanctum league, one full orb sells for ~1200 chaos while one shard sells for ~53 chaos (*20 = 1060).

I don't know how many price fixer there could be, but the difference does not seem that big to me.

(I was genuinely curious after reading your message so I ended up checking, I only came here to have an idea of the droprate as I play SSF)
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Zionyaru wrote:
Not to mention selling the shards as opposed to the whole orb nets you much less currency so if you don't commit to getting 20 shards (or buying the difference for resale) you lose out as well.

How ?
If a shard is less than roughly 1/20 of the orb's value, then doesn't it mean that you can buy shards until you get 20, and then sell the orb to make a profit ?

If I check market values on SC Sanctum league, one full orb sells for ~1200 chaos while one shard sells for ~53 chaos (*20 = 1060).

I don't know how many price fixer there could be, but the difference does not seem that big to me.

(I was genuinely curious after reading your message so I ended up checking, I only came here to have an idea of the droprate as I play SSF)

225c loss on a potential total 1325c trade is quite a large margin in trade league. (Orbs are currently 1325c [5.3 Divines] and shards are 55c)

My whole point was that if you don't want to eat a loss selling shards then you have to sit and fight with flippers to buy one shard at a time for a 20 stack so you can sell then entire orb for its full value.

Over 16% profit margin on the Shard > Full orb conversion means that there are lots of bots / players sniping shards as they appear.

The other option of course is to farm until you have the whole orb, and that takes a LONG time. I still stand by my original statement that in trade league the time vs profit isn't worth the invested atlas points but obviously in SSF the value isn't about the amount of raw div you convert to but rather about the power offered to your build. Like, if you can get a nice fracture on a grasping mail maybe that props up an entire build for instance.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
"
I don't know how many price fixer there could be

pro tip: 95% of the first 100 sellers that appear when you look up a currency are price fixers. Buying currency is just about the worst thing you can do in this game.
elevated sextant mod helped me get 19 shards with full harbringer atlas gilded scarabs and kirac map mod. (also also 40% del+)

After loosing the sextant it took 30 maps for the last shard to drop.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Jan 20, 2023, 7:40:26 AM
19 shards in 16 maps? That seems pretty insanely good.
Guess nobody has tried just chaining the Beachhead? I did about 30 full clears to get to 99 and ended up with 10 shards, a random divine and a whole bunch of ancient orbs.
LVL91 doing T14 maps.

1 Fractured Shard. Specced into plenty of Harbinger.
I made more with the other shards and this is sad.
I was hoping fractured shards would save the blue man group...
I ran Harbinger nodes + scarabs from this fresh character up to 97 and didn't drop a single fragment lmao so I dropped it again.

Honestly its as bad as I expected, the Irony isn't lost on me that I found some T4 beasts this league so coulda done the old fracture but instead I got 0 of that now.
Only streamers get fractured shards/orbs to drop for them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info