New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

"
Awisp wrote:
Please change withering step to be used but NOT give a buff if you are elusive. Currently a huge nerf to assassin

You mean, the skill should remove elusive but not give the buff or what? That's exactly what they wanted to remove and yes, obviously that's a nerf to assassin, but really a nerf to all builds that use elusive. Almost nobody used withering step for its buff, that much should be obvious...

If you mean that it should be able to be cast but just do nothing at all, I don't quite get what's the nerf to assassin then. You mean because of the wither on monsters?
"
petesafool wrote:
So a full on nerf for just about every curse.

Under the guise of increasing effectiveness against End Game Bosses. A niche considering it's almost impossible to do those Bosses without mapping in some form first. And redundant when significant damage components have been removed from those curses.

Surely it was simply a case of lowering curse effectiveness against standard map content equal to the increase against higher level content/Bosses?

But that was clearly never the real issue. More dilation of player power through the obfuscation of word spaghetti.

bro cant even do math
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
we're all glorified beta testers that are litearlly funding the game just for them to nerf all the stuff we like to play and how we like to play, just so everybody is on the same page, the game won't be path of exile when poe 2 rolls around at this rate
If you run 2 elemental curse auras you lose about half of your damage with blasphemy. With despair the flat damage loss isn't great either with blasphemy you will only be taking -22 off an enemy.
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
"
MagnusGrey wrote:
For the damage on curses, I'm pretty sure that they removed the reduced curse effect modifier on all bosses, so I don't think their damage was nerfed.

You expect the average crybaby here to do basic math? Heresy I say!

And yes, you are right, most, if not all curses are now way more effective against bosses than bevore, and that's where they only mattered anyway.

Yes lests do the math most map boses + conquerors wos have 33% reduced curse effect. Lets see on Despair exemple:
removed : Cursed enemies take 35% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects
(its already -2% dmg)
also removed Adds 46 to 57 Chaos Damage to Hits against Cursed Enemies

The real nerf wos -25% curse effectivnes of blasphemy, and change qality bonus from increased effect to increased AOE thats more than -30% , curses suported by bane also - 25% effectivnes thats a big nerf. For pinacle boses people just use marks, and dont go with curse bots so in reality its just nerfs for most casual players.

Alos reduce curse effect on cluster/legion jewels + remove curse reservation effectivnes from curse mastery on top of that nerf ocultist by remove malediction ye shure no nerfs to curse players at all.
"
Yes, we are all being nerfed. They're pre-nerfing us in preparation for PoE 2 - where players will have every primary skill supported by many, many 6-links.

They're [GGG] in damage control mode currently, and obfuscating as much as possible - because pretty near every single skill gem and support combo will absolutely need the tar throttled out of it to make PoE 2's gem system even remotely balanced. (Particularly within the context of PoE 1).

I've been saying this quite a long time as well: PoE's gameplay has become faster and faster for a long time and it needs to be slowed down now again, which is what they're trying. Then again, having 6+ 6L-Skills WILL need the base skills to be nerfed quite heavily or otherwise you'll need MUCH tougher monsters which will only increase the discrepancy between strong and weak builds - making it even easier to gimp your build so much it becomes unplayable. That's not good and as such I welcome nerfs targeting that principle.

"
The juggling of the curses and attempts to "reframe" this as an improvement is but one example. You will see many more before they get us "ready" for the new socket system.

And this is where I disagree, with you as well as the person you quoted: curses were, as GGG says, pretty much not needed vs the normal map trash and were pretty weak vs map bosses and pinnacle bosses, where you would have needed them the most. To balance this out makes a lot of sense, because running through map trash without a care and then getting 1-shot by the boss isn't very fun. For defensive curses, being virtually immune to map trash is good and nice, but the offensive curses were just overkill on map trash. So this might be a slight nerf overall, I can't really tell, but the general direction of this change is good imo. I don't understand the nerf to despair but gaining 125% curse effectiveness on bosses for losing 25% curse effectiveness on map trash sounds reasonable to me.

"
This fact is extremely obvious at this point. I don't personally agree with such a strategy - as we're being play-balanced for a system which does not yet exist - and I feel they way it's being presented is extraordinarily dishonest.

But this is unquestionably what is happening.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I don't understand why people feel abused and used if developers nerf gameplay in general in anticipation of a new league or game or if they feel like the game has become too fast. It's not like they conduct some sick experiments on you or anything, the worst that could happen is that you lose some fun playing the game.

Furthermore I have seen so much whine and negativity on the forums about past leagues not being tested thoroughly enough and that was just about minor league mechanics, don't you think a major overhaul of PoE gameplay (like what will happen for PoE 2) should be tested and tweaked WAY in advance? What exactly do you expect them to say in order to be honest about it?
Thanks alot GGG. You killed LC/OoS. My new favorite two button build. Yall just can't leave crap alone. Thanks alot.
"
Slowdeath13 wrote:

Yes lests do the math most map boses + conquerors wos have 33% reduced curse effect. Lets see on Despair exemple:
removed : Cursed enemies take 35% increased Damage from Damage Over Time effects
(its already -2% dmg)
also removed Adds 46 to 57 Chaos Damage to Hits against Cursed Enemies

The real nerf wos -25% curse effectivnes of blasphemy, and change qality bonus from increased effect to increased AOE thats more than -30% , curses suported by bane also - 25% effectivnes thats a big nerf. For pinacle boses people just use marks, and dont go with curse bots so in reality its just nerfs for most casual players.

Alos reduce curse effect on cluster/legion jewels + remove curse reservation effectivnes from curse mastery on top of that nerf ocultist by remove malediction ye shure no nerfs to curse players at all.

I don't quite see any math here, to be honest.

Pinnacle bosses had 66% reduced curse effectiveness, so if we take 33% curse effectiveness in the past which is now 100% curse effectiveness, that's +200% curse effectiveness on pinnacle bosses. Blasphemy has -25% curse effectiveness, so that would still be +125% curse effectiveness on pinnacle bosses after the changes, more if you self-cast.

-25% flat curse effectiveness on map trash obviously. Less increases for map bosses than for pinnacle bosses, but overall still stronger curses on bosses.

Combined with some of the nerfs to curses this might even out, but that's on a curse-to-curse basis obviously.
"
Father_Taco77 wrote:
Thanks alot GGG. You killed LC/OoS. My new favorite two button build. Yall just can't leave crap alone. Thanks alot.

Youll have to learn 3 button builds.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Irony noted. Haha
I just don't see the point in the change to OoS when it already said "all lightning skills" already. Imo, too specific. With the track record of BS from GGG over the 5 leagues I've played, I can't see having faith where none is warranted. Alas, I'm not even casual to GGG standards, so they don't give 2 f***s about me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info