New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

"
GGG is trying to eat the pain on all of these nerfs now, rather than having the uproar mar PoE 2's launch. That is the goal here.

A salient assessment.
POG
#InChrisWeTrust
"
Yes, we are all being nerfed. They're pre-nerfing us in preparation for PoE 2 - where players will have every primary skill supported by many, many 6-links.

They're [GGG] in damage control mode currently, and obfuscating as much as possible - because pretty near every single skill gem and support combo will absolutely need the tar throttled out of it to make PoE 2's gem system even remotely balanced. (Particularly within the context of PoE 1). So any slight of hand they can conjure to muddy the waters helps mitigate what will be ongoing damage - for some time to come.

The juggling of the curses and attempts to "reframe" this as an improvement is but one example. You will see many more before they get us "ready" for the new socket system.

(I am a writer and I have penned this sort of "damage-mitigation-copy" in the past, I am quite familiar with what is happening here).

GGG is trying to eat the pain on all of these nerfs now, rather than having the uproar mar PoE 2's launch. That is the goal here.

This fact is extremely obvious at this point. I don't personally agree with such a strategy - as we're being play-balanced for a system which does not yet exist - and I feel they way it's being presented is extraordinarily dishonest.

But this is unquestionably what is happening.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Yep. PoE2 already looks slow so I have very low expectations for it.
Last edited by Windir83 on Dec 8, 2022, 5:42:58 AM
"
Anethma wrote:
"Strikes every 0.50 seconds while Channelling a Lightning Skill near the Orb"
Yoooooooo, ninja Divine Ire buff?

No, this was always the case, it just was never mentioned anywhere. If you channel a lightning skill in an orb of storm, it triggers it at a fixed rate of 0.50seconds,regardles of any modifiers to cast speed, or base cast time. Now it's just mentioned on the gem.

The same is btw true for smite. The aoe never could overlap, it was always "hit once per skill use". Now they just write it on the gem, and suddenly anyone freaks out.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
"
Windir83 wrote:

Yep. PoE2 already looks slow so I have very low expectations for it.

What you have seen so far is like Act 1 gameplay, OF COURSE it looks slow! You haven't seen the potential of builds in PoE2.
Arf! Arf! Arf!
"
MagnusGrey wrote:
For the damage on curses, I'm pretty sure that they removed the reduced curse effect modifier on all bosses, so I don't think their damage was nerfed.

You expect the average crybaby here to do basic math? Heresy I say!

And yes, you are right, most, if not all curses are now way more effective against bosses than bevore, and that's where they only mattered anyway.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Anyone knows if there will be alternate quality gems for the Frozen legion gem?
buff viper strike pls
What does "near the Orb" mean??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info