3.20 Balance Manifesto: Curses

At some point GGG needs to figure out that they can't keep fucking with people and think there won't be ramifications. There are way to many game options out there for GGG to think that the "I'll do whatever I want" philosophy is going to work out. People are leaving. And more importantly than that, people don't want to join. I've tried to get a number of my friends to either start playing or come back to POE. They all have the same response, which basically amounts to information overload, on top of the fact that there are many more enjoyable games, in their opinion. It really seems like it's way past time for GGG to get real with themselves, and open up their eyes to the flawed perception they seem to have regarding end user satisfaction. Ignoring your flaws is not a good business model.
Saved
"
yakoob wrote:
"
SerialF wrote:
so a nerf to general mapping wich is 95-98% of the play time and a buff to bosses. interesting. why not just remove the penalty for bosses and be done with it. why the hell nerfing automated curses. and for most bosses, aka map bosses, vulnerability goes from 40%*0,66 inc taken to 40% so 10% more dmg. nice, not gonna complain, but i dont see why it would justify to nerf 95% of our playtime with this automated curse nerf. [..]

40*0,67=26,8 | 40/26,8=1,49 thats 49% more effect

Moreover at pinacle bosses where it matters the most because of 66% less curse effectiveness it goes crazy.

40*0,34=13,6 | 40/13,6=2,94 thats 194% more effect

3x curse power is nothing to sneeze at. Having 40% more dmg instead of 13% more dmg is a huge diff. Like having extra 50% reserve aura.

edit: If they won't nerf enfeeble and temp chain to oblivion those might actualy become legitimate defensive layers again. Looking forward to that.

my calculation was. vulnerability gives 40% inc damage taken.
so 100 dmg becomes 140. if i get 33% less curse effect, i get 126,4. 140/126 = 1,11. 11% more damage. BUT i forgot doom effect that gives 30% curse effect. so in fact i was getting 40*0,66*1,33 = 35 ! as for pinnacle boss, it s in fact huge, but a very small part of the game in term of playtime.
Last edited by SerialF on Nov 28, 2022, 10:50:25 PM
All I can say is:

These changes sound AMAZING and all the hate in the comments can go fuck itself.

I'm amazed that GGG even bothers with you people.
"
Tytykiller wrote:
nice

Fastest in game and on the forums?
Why are you reducing the curse effectiveness on blasphemy which actually reserves 35% mana so you pay mana to have your effectiveness reduced on top.
Nerfing enfeeble and temp chains on monsters means you will get one shotted and bursted more than ever

Buffing enfeeble and temp chains on bosses means you will get one shotted same as before

Nerfing automated ways to apply curses discourages players of using them on map monsters meaning way more one shots than nerfed enfeeble and temp chains.

who will self-cast curses on each pack of monster and possibly die casting it?

all the buffs means you will be able to kill bosses a bit faster but thats it, its a gigantic nerf to mapping.

nobody will stop to cast a curse and the ones who dies will likely die LOL
"
Razormaze wrote:
somehow they quickly changed their vision, first adding uber versions of bosses and then buff curses to the level of any boss dummy under them, apparently money is stronger than vision...

It's almost like there isn't actually a "vision", and people made the whole thing up...
Love the mental gymnastics to hate on the game. The recommendation for a mental health check still stands.
I tried to make a curse build once... Where I maxed out the # of curses I could put on a mob... No doubt you need a lot of that to auto cast to be efficient. But I don't think I will every try to do that again. Not even with these changes.

Now they are going to do more of the same. Where they yet again find a way to punish people for not casting it themselves. And think it will somehow save curse builds? Nah this will just be more of the same curse logic that I have never ever seen a single player like.

Where GGG just F*cks over people for ever using a curse in the first place. Why does GGG hate curses so much? And if they hate it as much as they seem too; Why do they think making us play it the way they want us too; As a good idea? Its backwards. And all players hate it. Or they are lying about it.

If GGG was a good developer. It would have loved the creative ways people play the game. Instead they hate us for it. And spend most of their time trying to stop us from making build they don't like.
Last edited by AngryFan on Nov 30, 2022, 5:24:45 AM
yay more items that 99% of the playerbase will never see. ...
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett :'(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info