Will 3.20 fix the game ?

"
LukasKodlos wrote:
I'm personally looking forward to play Ruthless in the next league or try it at least since I'm a big fan of og poe, but since you will not have any movement skills which will indeed feel like an og experience I wonder how will you dash those ground effect on death and stuff that was added later to the game and are unable to dash without movement skills. I have no problem killing and enjoying fight with act boss for 10 minutes but man if they do not remove those effect that can be dodged only by movement skill it's nonsense to play it because your skill and awareness will not matter.

That's my big worry about Ruthless. All the extra slows they've added will be really damaging, if not fatal, if the skills to counter them are actually unavailable.
Here the AN rework may help: if a mob has Ice Prison, but this means an ice cage and nothing more - not 5 other mods bundled together - then it's more avoidable and less certain to be lethal. It remains to be seen what combinations they allow and how this is still broken, of course.

I can handle not zooming through a zone, but if we have no way to avoid hasted/on death/aerial effects I don't know how these are to be countered.
(Lab traps are the other things I'm not looking forwartd to without a blink or flame dash).
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
"
Vennto wrote:
Yeah yeah allright. I wasn´t planning on going into full in-depth detail discussion, and yes, they say it should be a nerf. But since u pointed it out, let me make my case: While nerfs sometimes are, they are not ALWAYS a bad thing. In this case, I like it. First and foremost, it was true that Maven was hugely inferior in comparison to altars, forcing you into one of the 2 atlas influences. Secondly, the FOMO for not going wrath of the cosmos like they pointed out did indeed exist, resulting posibly in a worse play-experience through random deaths. Thirdly, also true like they pointed out, getting wrath of the cosmos on the left side while actually farming eater altars is not only detrimental to your overall atlas effectiveness but also kind of didnt make sense to me, so I like this change as well.
Lastly, while you´re correct in regards to the "currency" vs. "divine orbs" altar nodes, I actually like the more deterministic approach - and srsly, how often did u get a divine from it? The +3 divines might not be that common, but dropping divine from the former mod wasn´t that common eigher.

Lastly, other changes mentioned in the manifesto, regarding global scarabs and the 3:1 recipe to upgrade them are highly appreciated by me.

So yes, if you really wanna go into semantics like "they are indeed nerfs" then fine, but those are actually nerfs for the better, not the worse. And that was actually my point. You can always pick out the things that are nerfed while ignoring the big picture and this community LOVES to do that. I personally love the option to go maven again without losing currency by not going for atlas-influences.

First. Maven influence still garbage. Upping it from 1/div hour to 2/div hour change nothing.
Second. If WoC THIS scary they can just weaken downside. Or make node branch to make it ajustable.
Third. Again they can just equalize both branches on upper limit, instead they nerf it to the ground.
Fourth. It's not determenistic its still random, but more reading.

Lastly, your post is classic "not my problem" "nerf them all you want". This behavior has long been known and well documented http://www.memorableplaces.com/mudwimping.html
"
shadow_rps wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
Yeah yeah allright. I wasn´t planning on going into full in-depth detail discussion, and yes, they say it should be a nerf. But since u pointed it out, let me make my case: While nerfs sometimes are, they are not ALWAYS a bad thing. In this case, I like it. First and foremost, it was true that Maven was hugely inferior in comparison to altars, forcing you into one of the 2 atlas influences. Secondly, the FOMO for not going wrath of the cosmos like they pointed out did indeed exist, resulting posibly in a worse play-experience through random deaths. Thirdly, also true like they pointed out, getting wrath of the cosmos on the left side while actually farming eater altars is not only detrimental to your overall atlas effectiveness but also kind of didnt make sense to me, so I like this change as well.
Lastly, while you´re correct in regards to the "currency" vs. "divine orbs" altar nodes, I actually like the more deterministic approach - and srsly, how often did u get a divine from it? The +3 divines might not be that common, but dropping divine from the former mod wasn´t that common eigher.

Lastly, other changes mentioned in the manifesto, regarding global scarabs and the 3:1 recipe to upgrade them are highly appreciated by me.

So yes, if you really wanna go into semantics like "they are indeed nerfs" then fine, but those are actually nerfs for the better, not the worse. And that was actually my point. You can always pick out the things that are nerfed while ignoring the big picture and this community LOVES to do that. I personally love the option to go maven again without losing currency by not going for atlas-influences.

First. Maven influence still garbage. Upping it from 1/div hour to 2/div hour change nothing.
Second. If WoC THIS scary they can just weaken downside. Or make node branch to make it ajustable.
Third. Again they can just equalize both branches on upper limit, instead they nerf it to the ground.

Lastly, your post is classic "not my problem" "nerf them all you want". This behavior has long been known and well documented http://www.memorableplaces.com/mudwimping.html

Yikes - actually not worth answering to, but I still do it.

First - Maven seems to not be garbage now. Getting awk. blasphemy, multistrike or whatever after 10 maps is something to really look forward to. You can stick to altars if you want, but I definately take that as additional drops on top of the maven fragments.

Second - sure, typical "go back to 3.13 where you can finish endgame on 5-link tabula" attitude. Just give loot for free, why even have downsides, right?

Third - "To the ground"... nice exageration, we don´t know that yet.

Fourth - "kill boss, drop 3 vaal orbs". I think nothing gets more deterministic than that. What modifier you get is of course still random, but I was referring to their actual results and rather getting an increase in currency-droprates generally, specifically knowing what to drop is something I like due to the way I approach farming.

Lastly - In what way do you think anything I said contains "not my problem?". As I will be playing 3.20 literally anything will affect me, and based on the short list of challenges you completed I am pretty sure it will affect me way more than you.
"
shadow_rps wrote:

Garbage enough to feed plenty of useful items into the game. The chance of additional gems is actually huge and refreshing for a new leagues market, and SSF player.

The WoC change should have happened since a long time. Already with the change of the packsize nodes tbh. It's a nice change because we no longer have to waste Atlas points into the opposite influence to achieve the best possible outcome.

Deal with it and play the new changes before you complain about something in first place. We don't have any numbers yet about the new loot or anything.

Even with a worse outcome as before, it's not that hard to adept to changes lol.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Nov 22, 2022, 6:11:45 PM
"
Vennto wrote:
As I will be playing 3.20 literally anything will affect me, and based on the short list of challenges you completed I am pretty sure it will affect me way more than you.

So what? You can do challenges, but can't read or making logicall chains and make conclusions?

"
Vennto wrote:
"To the ground"... nice exageration, we don´t know that yet.

Wrath of the Cosmos
It now only affects Altars in maps influenced by the Searing Exarch. Each Altar now has a 50% chance for an additional upside. Altars with an additional upside will have their downside effect increased by 100%.

The Eldritch Gaze
It now only affects Altars in maps influenced by the Eater of Worlds. Eldritch Altars have an additional Downside. 50% increased Effect of Upsides from Eldritch Altars.

What you did'n know? You didn't know where greater eldrich currency was generated from? You didn't know what "(-60–-40)% additional Physical Damage Reduction" x 2 means?
FOMO because 25% more damage per altar is too scary. No FOMO because wearing three Abyssuses completly safe.

"
Pashid wrote:
Deal with it and play the new changes before you complain about something in first place.

Not this time. First two weeks i will enjoy your pain from aside. When you feel it, when reddit feel it, when patches out, when apologies maked. Then i will try.

Wow. Just wow. Nerfing upsides while making downsides more scary is good. Less is more.
Truly this game cannot die, some players just won't notice it.
"
shadow_rps wrote:

Not this time. First two weeks i will enjoy your pain from aside. When you feel it, when reddit feel it, when patches out, when apologies maked. Then i will try.

Wow. Just wow. Nerfing upsides while making downsides more scary is good. Less is more.
Truly this game cannot die, some players just won't notice it.

Too bad the altars were never scary at all, just annoying in rare circumstances.
Even during 80% full juiced deli maps with the "so scary" AN rares. The additional small change won't be a huge deal cause It's going to be just a bit harder during the character progression. But that's just a skill issue if you can't handle it during or even after the character progression.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
I'm personally waiting for the curse manifesto.
If its good - cool.
If its GGG creating new problems and trying to fix them - yet another league skip.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info