Will 3.20 fix the game ?

Headhunter is not being nerfed.... at all. Not sure why people immediately revert to the "doom gloom I'm leaving bye" mentality as soon as any change comes.
☼ Buying Atzitis Vault Maps STD #3497488 League #3490751
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
"
KingExodusGG wrote:
Headhunter is not being nerfed.... at all. Not sure why people immediately revert to the "doom gloom I'm leaving bye" mentality as soon as any change comes.

Because GGG has a long history of ruining things that feel nice for the player for the sake of long term continuity and even if the playerbase is growing at a macro level, it is qualitatively more and more tilted or fatigued by the game.
"
galuf wrote:
"
KingExodusGG wrote:

Because GGG has a long history of ruining things that feel nice for the player for the sake of long term continuity and even if the playerbase is growing at a macro level, it is qualitatively more and more tilted or fatigued by the game.

Yeah idk man game seems fine to me. Pick a character, kill mobs, collect loot. Yep, works fine.
"
KingExodusGG wrote:
"
galuf wrote:
"
KingExodusGG wrote:

Yeah idk man game seems fine to me. Pick a character, kill mobs, collect loot. Yep, works fine.

First define loot and define what killing mobs means.

Because not all characters can kill mobs effective and without that you cannot get loot to get to were the game is supposed to be.

After that define loot, cuz pixelated garbage left on ground is not loot it's just pixel filler that get's filtered.

Please try again under covered Chris.

Now on topic, no it won't...Judging from the manifesto's it will ruin it more. Nerfs to builds again by nerfing jewels which will hit some of them.

Nerfs to the pool of jewels by shifting mods into the core/corruption pool, they say they are making them more desirable, but I haven't seen anyone pick chance to avoid something on a jewel, and when corrupting you are trying to hit corrupted blood or , elemental resistance+ , not avoidance ( this change is not that bad but on the long term is just a pool diluting method that makes desirable mods even less common).

Nerfs to loot from altars...So in theory nerfs to loot again. They will try to remove some undesirable items, literally trying to force the better loot and the satisfaction of people, what will happen in terms will be less people farming because no one will farm 15 hours to find 3-4 dvivines from the uber juiced better loot fixes they are making....

People who were playing and testing things to design builds will be even less now, people who were farming small amounts will be even lesser.

[Removed by Support]
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Nov 22, 2022, 4:06:55 AM
"
Vendetta wrote:

Nerfs to the pool of jewels by shifting mods into the core/corruption pool, they say they are making them more desirable, but I haven't seen anyone pick chance to avoid something on a jewel, and when corrupting you are trying to hit corrupted blood or , elemental resistance+ , not avoidance ( this change is not that bad but on the long term is just a pool diluting method that makes desirable mods even less common)

Wrong. The pool in jewels is already big, 2-3 new modifiers don´t dilute it to the point where it matters and dealing with ailments via jewels open up actually more ways to counter them aside from running purity of elements or the very expensive triple grand spectrum variants.

"
Vendetta wrote:
Nerfs to loot from altars...So in theory nerfs to loot again. They will try to remove some undesirable items, literally trying to force the better loot and the satisfaction of people, what will happen in terms will be less people farming because no one will farm 15 hours to find 3-4 dvivines from the uber juiced better loot fixes they are making....
While you are keen to point out the nerfs you totally ignore the changes for good. For example dropping awk. gems when going maven or the deletion/changes of worthless currency-mods to more desireable ones - did u really care about 3 alterations?

"
Vendetta wrote:
People who were playing and testing things to design builds will be even less now, people who were farming small amounts will be even lesser.
You base this on your flawed perception of the changes, nothing of that is confirmed.

"
Vendetta wrote:
[Removed by Support]

I liked all manifestos. and i dont work for GGG
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Vendetta wrote:

Nerfs to the pool of jewels by shifting mods into the core/corruption pool, they say they are making them more desirable, but I haven't seen anyone pick chance to avoid something on a jewel, and when corrupting you are trying to hit corrupted blood or , elemental resistance+ , not avoidance ( this change is not that bad but on the long term is just a pool diluting method that makes desirable mods even less common)

Wrong. The pool in jewels is already big, 2-3 new modifiers don´t dilute it to the point where it matters and dealing with ailments via jewels open up actually more ways to counter them aside from running purity of elements or the very expensive triple grand spectrum variants.

"
Vendetta wrote:
While you are keen to point out the nerfs you totally ignore the changes for good. For example dropping awk. gems when going maven or the deletion/changes of worthless currency-mods to more desireable ones - did u really care about 3 alterations?

"
Vendetta wrote:
You base this on your flawed perception of the changes, nothing of that is confirmed.

"
Vendetta wrote:
[Removed by Support]

No, didn't you hear? Clearly there's only nerfs and apparently if you disagree you're either working for ggg or alcoholic
"
Vendetta wrote:

First define loot and define what killing mobs means.

Because not all characters can kill mobs effective and without that you cannot get loot to get to were the game is supposed to be.

After that define loot, cuz pixelated garbage left on ground is not loot it's just pixel filler that get's filtered.

Please try again under covered Chris.

Now on topic, no it won't...Judging from the manifesto's it will ruin it more. Nerfs to builds again by nerfing jewels which will hit some of them.

Nerfs to the pool of jewels by shifting mods into the core/corruption pool, they say they are making them more desirable, but I haven't seen anyone pick chance to avoid something on a jewel, and when corrupting you are trying to hit corrupted blood or , elemental resistance+ , not avoidance ( this change is not that bad but on the long term is just a pool diluting method that makes desirable mods even less common).

[Removed by Support]

Loot : Items that drop on the ground from killing monsters (can include currency as well)

Killing mobs : Using your character and the skills or spells of your character (or in your case CWDT) to destroy monsters in the game. Killing monsters in the game can cause loot to drop, this loot can be used or traded to other characters in trade league.

Hope this helps!
"
Vennto wrote:

We don't know how many modifiers there will be - there might be 2 - 3, but there also might be reduced duration for X and reduced effectiveness of X, where X is chill, freeze, ignite, shock, poison, bleed, and maybe even maim, which would be 12 - 14.

And there will be modifiers moved from deleted unique jewels. One of them will be good, mana reservation efficiency, but there might be others.

Especially if the ailment reduced duration/effectiveness mods are plentiful with relatively high weights, they can really fuck up odds of rolling a good rare jewel.
"
Vennto wrote:

It also deletes/changes the valuable currency - I didn't care about dropping alterations, but I did care about dropping divine orbs, or high-tier eldritch currency. The old 'drops 3 currency items' could drop all of those, while the new 'drops 3 vaal orbs' will never drop a divine or eldritch currency.

And I would bet 'boss drops 3 divine orbs' will not be a common modifier.

They even said that they intend to nerf altars overall so that the end result will be a significant nerf to the yield the eldritch influence provides is virtually guaranteed.
"
Vennto wrote:
I liked all manifestos. and i dont work for GGG

I also like the manifestos, especially since I like Maven and dislike the eldritch bosses.

It wouldn't be PoE if manifestos weren't 90 % nerfs :D
Last edited by Xyel on Nov 22, 2022, 4:34:31 AM
"
KingExodusGG wrote:

Right now AN mobs can have 2-4 AN modifiers which consist of 4-5 modifiers which means killing 1 AN rare will give you ~15 mods via headhunter. After the rework mobs will still only have 2-4 as far as we know right now but it's going to be single mods. So killing 1 rare in 3.20 will give you ~3 mods. According to FAQ they also don't intend to increase the number of rares that spawn to compensate with quantity. So how exactly is this not a nerf to headhunter?
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Nov 22, 2022, 4:59:23 AM
"
Xyel wrote:

They even said that they intend to nerf altars overall so that the end result will be a significant nerf to the yield the eldritch influence provides is virtually guaranteed.
Yeah yeah allright. I wasn´t planning on going into full in-depth detail discussion, and yes, they say it should be a nerf. But since u pointed it out, let me make my case: While nerfs sometimes are, they are not ALWAYS a bad thing. In this case, I like it. First and foremost, it was true that Maven was hugely inferior in comparison to altars, forcing you into one of the 2 atlas influences. Secondly, the FOMO for not going wrath of the cosmos like they pointed out did indeed exist, resulting posibly in a worse play-experience through random deaths. Thirdly, also true like they pointed out, getting wrath of the cosmos on the left side while actually farming eater altars is not only detrimental to your overall atlas effectiveness but also kind of didnt make sense to me, so I like this change as well.
Lastly, while you´re correct in regards to the "currency" vs. "divine orbs" altar nodes, I actually like the more deterministic approach - and srsly, how often did u get a divine from it? The +3 divines might not be that common, but dropping divine from the former mod wasn´t that common eigher.

Lastly, other changes mentioned in the manifesto, regarding global scarabs and the 3:1 recipe to upgrade them are highly appreciated by me.

So yes, if you really wanna go into semantics like "they are indeed nerfs" then fine, but those are actually nerfs for the better, not the worse. And that was actually my point. You can always pick out the things that are nerfed while ignoring the big picture and this community LOVES to do that. I personally love the option to go maven again without losing currency by not going for atlas-influences.
Last edited by Vennto on Nov 22, 2022, 5:08:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info