Announcing Ruthless

Is there a party matching mode, so the handful of streamers and the few hundred players can team up easier. Kinda suck as all standing around in Act 1 for the league.
Formally [Removed by Support] as my STANDARD map stash got frakked
"
auspexa wrote:
I've played private leagues where you could only find white items and it wasn't as difficult as GGG makes it sound to be. The biggest hurdle in ruthless will be the lack of movement skills, but people will build accordingly and it'll no longer be a real issue.

But you had orbs drop normally, didn't you ?
You don't need to drop rare items if you can craft items without much trouble (especially if you trade with others), of course if you SSF such a league the beginning is probably much trickier.

Currency is going to be significantly harder to obtain in ruthless, especially since you will hardly get jewellery early on.
(And since the atlas tree will be league specific, you can expect essences to be much rarer I'm sure)

"
auspexa wrote:
Ruthless won't be difficult or anything, it'll just take time to get geared up. Logout macro still exists, deleveling isn't possible, the passive tree is the same, monster damage is the same. Things that take about a week for top end players will take a month instead at most but nothing else will change

given that some builds with a godly amount of gear can trivialise everything, by your logic nothing is ever difficult in PoE then ?

It is difficulty, it is more knowledge based difficulty maybe, but it definitely is difficulty.
On top of that, the exp penalty in maps is going to be apparently much more punishing than the current softcore leagues, making leveling up past level 70 literally much more difficult.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 2, 2022, 3:21:15 AM
ok
Never expected that I`d enjoy more to see how this game will lose players than play it itself.
Future

10 weeks into the league and a handful of us have made it to act 2, the rest have perished along the way. We did mange to find a coral ring, but have yet to find any crafting materials, but we will keep persisting.

TLDR: OMG, I just wasted 10 weeks of my life 'playing' hardon mode
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
colossal waste of time.
i have never regretted spending money on my supporter packs, the ~3000 hours i got out of this game was worth it.
if you keep all this tedium contained safely in this game mode for the people who want it, i salute you. but clearly the staff at GGG has a vested interest in bringing this level of tediousness to the main game with archnemesis and the follow-up leagues and patches.
this game has become a were-job. before, you could invest hundreds of hours into making a powerful and fun character, with limitless ceilings for gear and build crafting. now, if you don't invest those hundreds of hours, you will be repeatedly respawn camped by a rare monster with mods that brick your build. you spend 10 minutes killing it, despite your 10 million dps. it drops stacks of wisdom scrolls. this is the vision. this game is a job now. you don't get to play and have fun, you play an unfun game in order to maybe have a chance at fun if you invest a few hundred more hours.
You guys really think there would be anyone like to play this ?
"
Krushern wrote:
"
Razormaze wrote:
What difference does it make what difficulty if meta characters are meta in this mode, even harder random? mode only for streamers with infinite time. there should be some significant rewards in the form of mtx so that more than a couple of people play it, otherwise it's a waste of time -1000% loot is not a fan or hardcore, but a meaningless complication without an ultimate goal. If you want people to play your game not only for the first couple of weeks, find a balance between the rarity of rewards, and not this ultra-hardcore for clowns.

How are you expecting to get meta characters with -1000% rarity, as you said, is beyond me. If you want rewarding content or mtx you have regular seasons my dude, this gamemode is not about that. Of course its a waste of time if your only goal is to get to endgame and make loot rain, obviously not at all what this mode is about. Your ultimate goal is to see how far can you get, taking the whole game into account, not only the atlas, and if that is not for you nobody is forcing you to play it anyway.

Check the first trailer of PoE. The initial proposal of the game is not to be challenging in the first place, but to test many builds as you can. The game doesn`t need to be easier [Removed by Support], but a game with no drops doesn't fit PoE well. Numbers speak more than words...The game now is repetitive, boring, and not rewarding, with the worst optimization I've seen. I can play many games with full graphics and PoE with medium or high res textures seems the same game but takes more of your computer...even more than AC Creed Valhalla with very high/ultra for example. I said 2 years ago if GGG doesn't find a way to improve its creativity, For sure this company will be ended before PoE2. Since 2020 the numbers prove I'm right. I don't even play seriously a league since ritual because of disconnects and optimization. [Removed by Support] This is not something happening now, but for a long time.

If They want 30k peak players forever, fine then. There are many people happy with something which doesn't change, but I can't say the same for the players. They will leave, leave, and leave.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Nov 2, 2022, 4:36:19 PM
I just hope both teams have fun.
Second-class poe gamer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info