Announcing Ruthless

@GGG Ruthless should have specific Steam achievements, so that the players which are masters of the game have the option to showcase them.
Prophecy
why are league challenges turned off? among the many harsh and ruthless things, this one seems like the only one off
After 3.20 ends, will my Softcore Ruthless Sanctum character migrate into Softcore Ruthless Standard or will it get deleted permanently?

I'm worried because they said hardcore ruthless chars will be deleted instead of migrated...
Last edited by JoyfulRogue on Dec 3, 2022, 9:31:19 AM
Finally some good news! Very exited for this!
Been waiting a long time for this. Thanks Chris and GGG!

Everything about it sounds amazing so far, can't wait to try it out!

To all who seem to hate this mode so much that they think it should not to exist:
Remember different people enjoy different things. Even if it is only enjoyed by a small fraction of the playerbase, let them have their fun. It could still be a healthy thing for the whole community to have it around!
Reading this thread you can clearly see many have been waiting for this and can't wait to try it out.
Not only the founders are interested in the exploration of the design space this mode allows for.

I could see this mode bringing back a couple of friends of mine who loved PoE until around 2015 but were put off by the speedy / rushy gameplay of modern PoE, after Ascendancy and all the hefty more multipliers for damage came out.
I'm sure they would be much more interested in playing Ruthless, struggling with the campaign and getting excited over a support gem drop!

IGN PPPPanddddaPPPPanicccc

still waiting for that 'Chris Wilson-director's cut' version

oh wait, I finally got it. Thanks team!
Last edited by Pr0p4g4nd4p4nd4 on Dec 5, 2022, 8:11:40 AM
Im 100% all for this mode of play where items are actually worth something again. After reading all the particulars though...I have no doubt they'll end up scaling this back quite a bit. The objective should be to make people appreciate drops/progression...not punish you for ever being born. Yea yea, no one is forcing you play Ruthless...but seriously.....when is the last time you actually found a rare item that could compete with something you didnt craft. Wish they would have done this earlier. It feels a bit too late to add an extremely time consuming mode of play to a game that is going to be replaced in less than a year. I'll still try it though.
Last edited by L0RD BLACK on Dec 9, 2022, 10:09:05 AM
"
Venom Gyre relies on Whirling Blades and is hence also not available.

Does this mean Venom Gyre is not available in ruthless?
"
D1amxnd wrote:
Still feel like 1% will try this and 0.1% will keep playing it, imo a waste of time and resources.

This comment didn't age well...
"
DaggerBarb wrote:
"
D1amxnd wrote:
Still feel like 1% will try this and 0.1% will keep playing it, imo a waste of time and resources.

This comment didn't age well...

Why?
Having been tried of the speed meta ever since the 2013 beta, this game mode is a very welcome return to proper dungeon crawling.

I have been looking through the changes to the game for ruthless mode, and largely like all of them, so keep up the good work and slow us down.

However as someone who has enjoyed the niche archtype of "moving totems", its a shame to see the movement skill being completely removed. Since its removed the entire archtype of build.

My suggested solution to the issue, is "skill cannot be used by you", a similar tagline to when totems, trap, minions, etc cant use certain skills or support gems.

It would allow for the archtype to remain, while still forcing the player to take a chill pill.

Cheers, hope you guys will work on this gamemode more, so we actually get a real D2 successor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info