What to Expect Over the Coming Months

revert divine/exalt change, add back the highly mentioned harvest crafts
"
joonpa wrote:
"
jrv209 wrote:
GGG, I almost feel bad for you guys reading these comments, but you had ample opportunity to listen to us and instead gave us PR spiels about monitoring our feedback while never actually taking it into account. You could've saved LoK and decided you didn't really want to which still baffles me. Maybe you guys actually do have a skeleton crew and they were incapable of doing so. If that's the case, uh IDK what to say. I don't want to give money to the b or c team nor do I want to waste my time playing that game especially when you won't even listen to our complaints. I honestly didn't think things could get worse than last league, but you guys are scaring me and I fear the worst has yet to come. I will re-iterate how bunk and completely tone-deaf that line about us to not expect big changes is. How can a company just blatantly go against what their customers want? I don't get it. You have lost our trust and aren't even trying to get it back. I don't care about your pre-launch shows at all anymore. I care about the substance in the game and that's it. You let us down and aren't really trying to pick us back up :(

100% agreed. Thank you. It's sad to see the company I loved for the past decade move in the current direction. No more getting hyped with pre-launch trailers nor buying supporter packs before.
\

also 100% agree, blatantly lied and misled us into logging in, no joke. and had the audacity to still shove mtx down our throats
You take as long as you need to Chris and peeps! Ready when its done always = best,

GG GGG
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
Would be fun to see Ben and Nick quit after 2-3 hours of "Ruthless".

GGG, look at the stars of SSFHC, your game is already at "Hard Mode".

3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a dissaster.

-Base game loot
-Loot goblins (that would fix the base loot game?)
-Archnemesis
-Harvest
-Gwennen, orb of chance restore how it was. Now it's 33% to what it used to be.

And as an extra, flip around numbers on many skill gems, so people can play around.
And we need not the boring league mechanic, like a lake of Kalandra.

We want fun, not saying make this game a joke, but we want to have fun when you can try many builds more closely at their performance, easier approach to basic crafting, let's say spamming weak crafts from harvest, now it's nerfed 10x basically amount of them. Keep in mind most of us have jobs, and now you forcing us to play longer to reach goals on 1 character. This is not as fun as it used to be for most players.

If you really wanted to fix the loot, just why you are not starting with talisman removal?
Another thing, reduce all rares by x2 and make x2 or more likely to have high life roll, ES roll on them, etc. Why you just wanted to reduce loot from main game and add to loot goblins? My mind is baffled.

If you would fix all the issues, then faith restored, if you still backing down, I would check out 3.20, but won't support your damned vision. So let's see what you would do, we don't need any more lies in manifestos, we need action. And trust me, many players who actually support a lot you, think the same as me.

3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
Last edited by vahu on Oct 16, 2022, 5:04:51 AM
"
AntsGod wrote:
Would be fun to see Ben and Nick quit after 2-3 hours of "Ruthless".

GGG, look at the stars of SSFHC, your game is already at "Hard Mode".

I dunno if Ben will play early it will be a race. I think I heard on his stream he is going new dungeon in WoW.
3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
Unless the loot that drops is fixed having more or less of it drop does little.

Take for example a wand,
Not including roll weightings, influenced mods, essences, and anything other than just the basic rolls it can roll
3 out of 28 prefix mods
3 out of 36 suffix mods

Without roll weightings that means you have slightly more then 10% chance that 1 of your 3 prefixes is a roll you'd want and around 12% that 1 of the suffixes is a roll that you want.

Now we add in the fact that most mods have 6 to 8 tiers.
Lets keep it on a average of 7 for the calculations and assume that the top 3 tiers would be considered "desired" as they are decent to good.

That leaves you with around 4.5% chance of getting your desired prefix roll and about 5.5% for your suffix.

Combine that and the chance to get both a desirable prefix and suffix roll is statistically around 2.5%.

Now we don't just want 1 usable prefix + suffix but we want at least 2 so that we have 4 mods and we could craft a 5th.

Chances for getting a item with 2 usable t3 or higher prefix+suffix mods drops to below 1% already.

So if you ignore everything other than the basic non-influenced, non-crafting mods (essences etc) you are already below 1% chance.
As if that wasn't enough GGG decided to introduce roll weightings reducing the chance of a mod rolling in the first place drops again and by a big amount.

It's to difficult for me to do the actual math but lets say you are looking for a +1 lightning wand with either added spell damage or increased spell damage and some cast speed and crit chance with all of these rolls at t3 or higher your chances would be below 0.05% for the most basic and easily roll-able items.

Include everything that could roll and their respective weightings then chances of you picking up that good wand are close to 1 in 10000. I am not going to pick up and identify 10000 wands on average in a league.

It wouldn't be a issue if there was some kind of deterministic crafting but the current direction seems to be to make crafting even more useless then the drops themselves.

In the end, in a hard mode you might find less uniques, but the chances of finding a good rare hardly changes between the current normal and a hard mode where drops would be 1 tenth of normal. In both cases you probably wont even find those 10k wands over the course of 1 league to begin with.

The real issue is not the quantity of loot that drops but that realistically there is no chance of ever finding even a decent item on the floor.

This all would be fine if the endgame pinnacle grind (not uber) was balanced around not ever finding these items but apart from that 1 OP build that most likely gets absolutely gutted the league after you can't make any build that can clear that pinnacle content with the gear you'll find.
Last edited by FMCspriggan on Oct 17, 2022, 6:57:12 AM
I am pretty sure 3.20 will be another disappointment, and the game will slowly die overtime. You lost the essence of PoE. I have been hoping for a change for a while, but the game gets worse and worse...
My eagerness to play a new POE league is solely depending on the Challenges Rewards. To me, all the Uber boss, Loot Nerf, Loot Goblins, Archnemesis Mods, League specific mechanics and other new shenanigans are just things that make the journey to getting my Challenge MTX more interesting.

Playing POE just for fun doesn't make any sense to me. There're more games out there that gives me more fun and POE is definitely not of them. POE is supposed to be a Challenging and Grinding game. The recent changes made are heading towards this direction, the vision of the game is the same since I started playing this game.

"
Note that the Ruthless Alpha test will be the current version of 3.19, not the upcoming 3.20 which has its own

lol 3.19 wasn't the alpha test already?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info