[3.23] MoM Crit Power Siphon Totem Hierophant

PS Archmage makes it viable for SSF imo. You can scale mana for damage.

Currently the default PS just wins on our build variant. We can easily crit cap and add a ton of lightning damage from Mind of the Council and Arcane Cloak.

That and the 59% more added damage effectiveness of the default variant compared with the insane crit chance and crit damage multiplier seals the deal.

The Archmage variant is better suited for Indigon+Elemental Overload (low crit) and over 15k mana.

Single target is still insane. I reached red maps and thanks to the freeze tincture nothing ever really moves so far. I am currently on the way speccing into the freeze mastery below the right wand cluster. It has insane synergy with the freeze tincture.

Because the build is totally off meta the gear is dirt cheap. I had to pay the most in my build for 2 golden oils for my Panopticon annoint on the Breathstealer.

Last edited by zorker on Dec 13, 2023, 3:27:37 PM
"
zorker wrote:
PS Archmage makes it viable for SSF imo. You can scale mana for damage.

Currently the default PS just wins on our build variant. We can easily crit cap and add a ton of lightning damage from Mind of the Council and Arcane Cloak.

That and the 59% more added damage effectiveness of the default variant compared with the insane crit chance and crit damage multiplier seals the deal.

The Archmage variant is better suited for Indigon+Elemental Overload (low crit) and over 15k mana.

Single target is still insane. I reached red maps and thanks to the freeze tincture nothing ever really moves so far. I am currently on the way speccing into the freeze mastery below the right wand cluster. It has insane synergy with the freeze tincture.

Because the build is totally off meta the gear is dirt cheap. I had to pay the most in my build for 2 golden oils for my Panopticon annoint on the Breathstealer.

Ok for sure I think I might attempt to try this

Not sure how well it’ll do but we shall see

I do have the piscators and the mind of the council so that should be a good start for either PS right?
IGN: WhatPullOutGame
Last edited by Mulatto11 on Dec 13, 2023, 5:15:50 PM
Bought 3 new jewels, a new belt, 2 new rings and a new shield.
Capped chaos resistance now.

PoB is listing me at slightly below 20m guardian dps at level 92:
https://pobb.in/QlkL2DsCK2NN

Build is still very much playable and thankfully still pretty cheap. :)

*edit* Just finished the atlas and am now speedfarming T16 maps. No issues whatsoever. Killed quest Exarch before ball phase.
Last edited by zorker on Dec 14, 2023, 11:47:51 AM
I updated the guide for 3.23. The new Power Siphon is just brillant. It has amazing single target and amazing clear.

We can ditch Kinetic Blast. I am currently flying through T16 maps freeze-popping everything left and right.

Do not use Power Siphon of Archmage in this build!!!
Spoiler
It is better suited for a different build where you reserve all your mana and use energy shield.
Power Siphon of Archmage has really bad added damage effectiveness from added lightning damage other than the base gem. This makes Mind of the Council and Arcane Cloak kind of bad for this build.
Mind Spiral is an amazing helmet for this gem. You want a really high mana pool and reserve nearly all of it for auras and get a huge amount of energy shield.
Power Siphon of Archmage has really bad crit chance/multi when compared to default Power Siphon. I personally would run it with Elemental Overload.
With Power Siphon of Archmage and using energy shield going low life makes sense for evern more auras.

An angle to build a build for Power Siphon of Archmage might be this one: https://pobb.in/a_SztagG_TYo

But that build is competing with RF mana stacker. So the gearing will be costly.

3.23 Affliction league - PoBs, gearing and more
Spoiler

I highly suggest following the Warden ascendancy in 3.23. It allows 50% all resistance if we are using no gems in the helmet and it allows using of tinctures. The freeze tincture ist AMAZING!

For currency. Starting from level 56 I went to Rogue Harbour and bought all available Demolition constracts each level to run with Tibbs. They give amazing currency and get you going.

Level 75: https://pobb.in/5lKIKuhS0S2o ~1m dps, I was still experimenting with KB here. But the new Power Siphon is sooo good even for clear that we can scrap Kinetic Blast entirely.

Add Breathstealer, Dance the Offered, Atziri's Foible, Freeze tincture, Get a Stygian and 3 jewels, If possible get a shaper shield with +1 totem

Level 87: https://pobb.in/bFlGiPDGs00F ~9m dps

Finalize the gem setup, get a Healthy Mind jewel, get both annoints for the amulet and the gloves

Level 95: https://pobb.in/Be-Mg1mfcHdo ~28m dps

Get amazing rings, belt, jewels, shield. Get a really good tincture with lightning pen and freeze.
New techniques used this league: Leathal Pride for double damage (for better shock/freeze procs) in the slot where normally Healthy Mind goes. Healthy Mind moves south to the life cluster near Scion.

Another new technique is adding a chill/freeze cluster for increased damage taken in 3.23 when using a freeze tincture. It gives insane value.

The build still feels amazing. The whole setup you see atm in the 95 PoB had cost me 6-7 div at most. The build is flying through T16 maps.
It is no uber boss farmer though. It is an amazing lab farmer. Amazing in Heist and amazing at speedfarming maps.
Last edited by zorker on Dec 15, 2023, 3:13:07 AM
"
zorker wrote:

Seems really cool, how would it compare to Shockwave Totems in Sanctum?
Nice build. Currently leveling a hierophant to try it out. If I dont enjoy it, Shockwave totems is always a fallback point.

Anyhow, do you think you'd be able to cap resistances without the 50% resistance from an empty helmet? If such, you could put a 4l raise spectre + meat shield + minion life + elemental army in your helmet and make use of some of the OP new spectres. For example the one that gives a free wrath aura and "lightning damage is lucky".
Last edited by wrajjt on Dec 15, 2023, 5:54:23 PM
@Kr1ttez
With the freeze tincture it should be quite good.

--

@wrajjt
Sure give it a try and tell us how it works. More resistance just means more expensive gearing and/or lower damage or other items.

--

I made a map showcase video in case you want to take a look.

3.23 - MoM Crit Power Siphon Totem Hierophant Map Showcase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v4ibWQV8m8

Last edited by zorker on Dec 15, 2023, 6:13:42 PM
How do you think it handles itself against bosses? Ubers and such
"
Tajı wrote:
How do you think it handles itself against bosses? Ubers and such

Pinnacle and guardians sure. Ubers no.
Can we level it with self cast and ballista power siphon? Considering if we have some specific leveling gear? Probably with tincture and spectres with wrath might be handy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info