[3.19] Crit Hexblast | SSF | Freeze What You Can

Got a sexy new amulet. Yes, I forgot to annoint. I'll do it asap, of course.

Last edited by eisn on Oct 19, 2022, 11:10:30 AM
Hi I have a a couple questions:

1. Can this build run ele reflect?

2. Is it ok to swap frostbite with conductivity/flammability with the same alt quality? Making sure to not have the corresponding element for EE.

3. Why do you take Fingers of Frost and the "Chilled as they Unfreeze" cold mastery? Is it to achieve maximum chill effect on uber boses?

1. It can run ele reflect if you get the pantheon + some other source of reflect reduction like the elemental mastery.

2. You're going to miss on freezes so you'll probably need something like cwdt - vortex / cold snap to chill so that you get the benefit of hypothermia.

3. Because you will apply chill after freeze and you freeze pretty much everything due to Frostbite. Chill is needed for hypothermia.
"
eisn wrote:
Got a sexy new amulet. Yes, I forgot to annoint. I'll do it asap, of course.

Daaam, that is nice. Gratz.

I'm jealous! I should make one like this myself too. The simplex amulet was a really good idea.
"
ZytYt wrote:
Hi I have a a couple questions:

1. Can this build run ele reflect?

2. Is it ok to swap frostbite with conductivity/flammability with the same alt quality? Making sure to not have the corresponding element for EE.

3. Why do you take Fingers of Frost and the "Chilled as they Unfreeze" cold mastery? Is it to achieve maximum chill effect on uber boses?

Basically wat eisin said. I would add only a bit:

1. You either have to get reflect immunity as eisin said. Or you simply take out Frostblink out of your hotbar. That is the only elemental damage that can kill you as this build uses Frostblink to clear the normal and magic packs (curse then frostblink).

2. The main reason to go for Frostbite is because of the Occultists ascendancy Void Beacon that gives -20 cold and chaos res on nearby enemies. You would actually freeze even without frostbite, but you would lose the resistance reduction.

3. The mastery is actually not only to get maximum chill effect, but to get any chill effect at all! Hexblast cannot chill by default, only freeze, so this mastery is mandatory, especially because the build uses Hypothermia. It is kind of a shame because there are so many other good cold masteries, but there is no other way around it as far as I know. Fingers of frost is not that important by itself, only the mastery is, but it helps with freezes which is nice.
"
GimbO wrote:

1. You either have to get reflect immunity as eisin said. Or you simply take out Frostblink out of your hotbar. That is the only elemental damage that can kill you as this build uses Frostblink to clear the normal and magic packs (curse then frostblink).

So if I kill a pack in a ele reflect map with Hexblast, the added lightning/fire damage from Impending Doom isn't lethal?

"
ZytYt wrote:

So if I kill a pack in a ele reflect map with Hexblast, the added lightning/fire damage from Impending Doom isn't lethal?

Nevermind, I just tested it and you are right. The elemental reflect is deadly. Even the little bit of added damage on Impending doom will kill you.

I guess it depends on your gear though, because I remember that I used to be able to tank it, but that might have been because my damage used to be also lower with my old gear.
"
GimbO wrote:

Nevermind, I just tested it and you are right. The elemental reflect is deadly. Even the little bit of added damage on Impending doom will kill you.

I guess it depends on your gear though, because I remember that I used to be able to tank it, but that might have been because my damage used to be also lower with my old gear.

Thanks for the information!
https://pastebin.com/JTNjtjGW

what can i improve?

need helm and belt annoint, i can't understand if my EE work well.....
Your EE works. Also you can massively improve your amulet with reflection and caster catalyst.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info