[3.19] Crit Hexblast | SSF | Freeze What You Can

"
GimbO wrote:
"
dhise wrote:
How'd you level?

I used some random spell (Spark I think) until I got Hexblast in act 3, then I switched.

I also picked the spell damage nodes on the start of the tree and then go through the life nodes directly for Doomsday and Skittering Runes. If you switch to Hexblast early on, you will not have that much damage, meaning that you will have to wait that 1 second for each pack (which is not necessary with the endgame gear) because of the Doomsday delay for maximum doom.

Then I continued will all the nodes, not including anything with crit or spell suppression, so Whispers of Doom and the chaos wheel at Heart of Darkness.

I also use different curses for leveling: Despair, Ass Mark and Enfeeble. I had Enfeeble on blasphemy.

Awesome thanks man. I haven't played much this league but this build has made me want to play again.
Have you done any Ubers with it?

Also at what kind of dps do you think that Shaper is approachable?
"
eisn wrote:
Have you done any Ubers with it?

Yes, I did. I posted it as one of the videos. Some of the bosses were easier than others. For instance, Uber Sirus was surprisingly easy, but Uber Uber Elder was quite difficult for this build for some reason.

"
eisn wrote:
Also at what kind of dps do you think that Shaper is approachable?

Normal Shaper should be fairly easy, I think you can do him with 1M dps and it is gonna be a longer fight, but something around 4M dps should already be more than enough.
First of all, thanks to your build.

I collected some gear and looking forward to try it later today.
Initially, I was using another Hexblast build from this forum (The orbital striker ignite). It was not bad at all, but i prefer more curses and auras like you have.

One question:
I grabbed pair of Vixen gloves with +2 to AoE gems and Enfeeble on hit so I have one spare socket in which I've put Anomalous Inc. Area of Effect. Is there something else you suggest?

Will leave feedback once I spend some time with the build.

Edit. Also, is there a way to incorporate blasphemy into the build? I just ask because I have Awakened Blasphemy level 5 so kinda want to use it :D
Last edited by pisoj1000 on Oct 13, 2022, 10:49:59 AM
"
pisoj1000 wrote:
First of all, thanks to your build.

I collected some gear and looking forward to try it later today.
Initially, I was using another Hexblast build from this forum (The orbital striker ignite). It was not bad at all, but i prefer more curses and auras like you have.

One question:
I grabbed pair of Vixen gloves with +2 to AoE gems and Enfeeble on hit so I have one spare socket in which I've put Anomalous Inc. Area of Effect. Is there something else you suggest?

Will leave feedback once I spend some time with the build.

Edit. Also, is there a way to incorporate blasphemy into the build? I just ask because I have Awakened Blasphemy level 5 so kinda want to use it :D

The one extra socket can be used for many things depending on your liking. Inc. Area of Effect would definitely be nice, but I would probably use the extra socket to support other gems than the curses.

You might try to fit in enlighten and another 10% reservation aura, or have Cast When Damage Taken linked to the guard skill. You could also simply drop unset rings and use vermilion or iolite or some synthesised base.

You could also try to get another curse and use Temporal Chains, lol. You would need to use the unique ring or boots for that though. It would be a nice defensive boost, but probably not worth it.

One interesting option that I was playing around for mapping is to drop Ass Mark for Warlord's Mark and pick up Berserk. This build can actually stun quite reliably, so you will have decent uptime on rage that you can consume. This can be combined Divergent Berserk linked to enhance for more spell damage. I would not use this setup for bosses though, only mapping for the speed and damage reduction. There is a slight issue with this setup and that is that you have to actually target the enemy with mark on it, because otherwise it will not be hit with the main hit, only the small AoEs and it will not be stunned. It can be unreliable sometimes.

Blaslphemy can definitely fit in the build. Some of the auras are not that important. Tempest shield can be dropped for mapping completely and Discipline can be dropped too if you invest in energy shield elsewhere.

I was actually using blashemy setup while leveling for Enfeeble. It is very nice for mapping as a defensive layer, because you can rely on your Enfeeble to have 100% uptime. It also helps clear, because you can cast Hexblast with no self-cast curse and it will still proc the AoE effect (with 0 doom though, but it is enough for clear) I would not use it for bosses though, it feels like a waste there.

Generally, the gem setup and mainly the aura setup is very flexible on this build. You can modify it to your liking.

Hope you have fun with the build :D
"
The one extra socket can be used for many things depending on your liking. Inc. Area of Effect would definitely be nice, but I would probably use the extra socket to support other gems than the curses.

You might try to fit in enlighten and another 10% reservation aura, or have Cast When Damage Taken linked to the guard skill. You could also simply drop unset rings and use vermilion or iolite or some synthesised base.

You could also try to get another curse and use Temporal Chains, lol. You would need to use the unique ring or boots for that though. It would be a nice defensive boost, but probably not worth it.

One interesting option that I was playing around for mapping is to drop Ass Mark for Warlord's Mark and pick up Berserk. This build can actually stun quite reliably, so you will have decent uptime on rage that you can consume. This can be combined Divergent Berserk linked to enhance for more spell damage. I would not use this setup for bosses though, only mapping for the speed and damage reduction. There is a slight issue with this setup and that is that you have to actually target the enemy with mark on it, because otherwise it will not be hit with the main hit, only the small AoEs and it will not be stunned. It can be unreliable sometimes.

Blaslphemy can definitely fit in the build. Some of the auras are not that important. Tempest shield can be dropped for mapping completely and Discipline can be dropped too if you invest in energy shield elsewhere.

I was actually using blashemy setup while leveling for Enfeeble. It is very nice for mapping as a defensive layer, because you can rely on your Enfeeble to have 100% uptime. It also helps clear, because you can cast Hexblast with no self-cast curse and it will still proc the AoE effect (with 0 doom though, but it is enough for clear) I would not use it for bosses though, it feels like a waste there.

Generally, the gem setup and mainly the aura setup is very flexible on this build. You can modify it to your liking.

Hope you have fun with the build :D

Ah seems to me that enfeeble from gloves is not working when i cast Frostbite :( So, i have original curse setup in gloves.

Need more life, i have 3,7K HP now. Also, i think i need more spell suppress, now i am at 87% and my crit chance is not 100% (although in PoB is much higher than in game with 7 power charges).
Oh GimbO. Some QoL mention: you can quality your sceptre and enchant it for inc aoe.

I still don't have the gloves or the Frostbite. I had a Divergent one on which I used a Prime lens and it went back to normal.

I got this though. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the cold damage so I have to compensate somewhere else with more of another element to proc EE properly.

Hmmmm... I don't see any difference in POB if I change the element. Do I understand the EE interaction correctly? EE is triggered by Impending Doom and depending on the highest added spell damage it'll make the enemy have reduced ele resists for the other 2 elements.
Another update. Major qol for mapping.

"
eisn wrote:
Oh GimbO. Some QoL mention: you can quality your sceptre and enchant it for inc aoe.

I still don't have the gloves or the Frostbite. I had a Divergent one on which I used a Prime lens and it went back to normal.

I got this though. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the cold damage so I have to compensate somewhere else with more of another element to proc EE properly.

The quality for the sceptre is definitely good. I just ran out of harvest currency so I do not have it.

Your sceptre looks pretty good. You could try crafting suffixes cannot be changed and tier 4 aisling, but it is only 33% chance to succeed and 66% chance to fail.

I would probably keep this sceptre as is and try to craft on another base if you ever decide to upgrade. The added cold damage is unfortunate though.

"
eisn wrote:
Hmmmm... I don't see any difference in POB if I change the element. Do I understand the EE interaction correctly? EE is triggered by Impending Doom and depending on the highest added spell damage it'll make the enemy have reduced ele resists for the other 2 elements.

POB does not understand Elemental Equilibrium very well. It decides based on the 3 Configuration settigns "Enemy was Hit by Fire/Cold/Light. Damage?" I have fire checked in my PoB so it will never change even if you have added cold damage on your gear, but that is not correct. You have to check the cold damage yourself and that reduces the damage quite signinificantly.

EE is proced by Impending Doom, correct. However, it is not decided by the highest damage type, it simply takes all damage types from one hit, no matter what their damage was. So if you have added fire and cold damage, EE will lower lighting resistance only.

"
eisn wrote:
Another update. Major qol for mapping.

That is definitely an option. Hexproof enemies can be anonoying. It becomes less of an issure once you get all the endgame gear, because your damage will be so high that is does not matter if the enemy is hexproof or not and all endgame bosses are never hexproof.

You could also pick Profane Bloom instead of Forbidden power. It would decrease your crit chance quite a bit, but it should be fine for mapping and you can compensate by having increase crit on your flask or something like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info