3.19.1c Patch Notes Preview

"
zarco74 wrote:

I exclusively played POE as a single-player game. I only grouped with other players back when I had to do master rotations. I have no interest at all in competitive play.

Since exactly ZERO of your characters are SSF, you would still be gaining an economic advantage.

Also... why shouldn't GGG get to decide how much you can see?

How is what you want different from someone who use custom (currently against ToS) software to be able to see the whole map instantly whenever they enter a zone?

Is it because it's hardware rather than software?

Ok, well, specialized keyboards with built-in macros are also against ToS if used to perform extra actions with a single keypress.

So what's the difference?

If you just want the black bars to go away, then ask for that. They could use the nice artworks they make for the quest backgrounds to fill in the extra space or something.

It strays a little bit into "advantage" territory, but maybe they could let ultrawide players fill the space with the chat window. Personally, I'd be OK with that.

To reiterate my primary point: If GGG wanted us to see more, they'd give us the option to zoom out further. They clearly don't want that.

If your primary objection is to the black bars, object to the black bars. 99% of the 32:9 complainers are asking for the change to be reverted. They may beg off and say it's not about advantage when pressed on that point, but I personally consider it quite telling that the first thing they ask for is for the change to be reverted.
"
ince exactly ZERO of your characters are SSF, you would still be gaining an economic advantage.

The issue as stated by GGG is that they don't want the monsters to "pop" in at the edge of the field of view as the data is serialized and rendered. That is the same distance for everyone. I fail to see how that is any advantage to anyone.

I frankly never noticed before that the monsters popped in, nor did I care.

I play this effectively single-player game to unwind after work and put kids to bed.

If the developers at my place of work put in a feature that alienated upward of 4% of the player base, I promise you that would result in a bug report and action taken to restore the user experience for everyone somehow

For resolution stats take a look at the steam yearly hardware report here
Just remove Archnemesis. I'm not interested in playing the game when it's infested with bad mechanics that turn every rare into essentially the same experience on loop no matter what content I'm playing or on what tileset. Slowly nerfing the badly designed mods into a smooth mush instead of making actual improvements is not the way to go.

Also revert the widescreen downgrade, it had already been working for years and years so it still feels very messed up that GGG promised improvements to widescreen support but lied and just removed it altogether instead, then went mostly silent. There is no expectation of 'fairness' in performance between different PC systems- particularly in a PvE game (which, they've clearly forgotten this is). It's absurd for so many reasons but among them even simply that framerate gives far more of a gameplay advantage than any amount of extra screen. Why is it fair that I get to play at 144hz? If you're dead set on this wacky 'make the players suffer in the name of fairness' nonsense why not go all the way and lock the framerate to a cinematic 24?

tbh I've given up on hoping the game returns to a playable state again. I felt like GGG could be trusted to do the right thing for many years in the past, but all the nothing patches and bad communication this league have convinced me that probably isn't the case, or at least not anymore.
Meh -- [Removed by Support] -- loot drops bad , currency drops are nearly no existent-- back to D2+D3
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Sep 21, 2022, 4:46:00 PM
"
it had already been working for years and years so it still feels very messed up that GGG promised improvements to widescreen support but lied and just removed it altogether instead, then went mostly silent

One of my main annoyances around this change is that it has worked for a long time. As the graphic engine improved over the last couple of years, POE started to shine in Ultra Wide truly.

Other advantages I have:

- Top-of-the-line Logitech lightspeed wireless keyboard. Allowing me to type faster and faster response times on keypresses
- Top-of-the-line headset with crystal clear audio allowing me to hear and respond to all the audio cues quicker in the game
- Top-of-the-line Grafix card allows me to play at 100 fps in even the most crowded scenes.

So with this competitive/economic logic, we should lock everyone at a fixed framerate, fixed keyboard latency, fixed screen resolution, and fixed audio quality.

I would much rather see POE as a game evolve to embrace new technology and new hardware, so it keeps itself relevant in an ever-changing world. as they so clearly have been supremely good at so far. 10+ years is no small feat in this industry. So why start regressing now?

I've officially given up hope on this league.

i hate loot goblins. they're nothing like in D3, those were fun and a nice little boost.
These goblins steal fun and give you armor scraps and wrist pain.

not fun, not fun aaaaaaaaat all.
The GGG developers are not idiots, they achieved exactly what they wanted to achieve:
cut the casual players from any decent gear or sensefull loot strategy:
1. change economy to make sure casual players don't have enough currency to use meta crafts.
2. make sure drop rats are that bad they can't buy any good gear.
3. even if the casual had a lucky drop make sure the changes made to the economy will secure that items like mageblood will cost well over a mirror.
4. delete certain crafting methods from the game to secure the casual will not be able to change decent items drops into useful once.
5. Introduce sufficient bad stacking An mods and ground degen mods that the casual player with his decent gear will not be able to farm successfully high tier maps and/or mechanics.

That's all not a problem for the 16-hours-a-day player, the use-a-bot player and all this guys who have their mageblood after day 3 , they can buy whatever an item will cost , just buy all lucky drops or pure lucky RNG crafts doesn't matter whatever the market ask for. Gamble craft/reroll with 200 to 500 divines until any game content sinks into triviality. You can just see them day by day youtubing how they destroy more currency in 1 session than a casual will make the total league.
All this changes to the game exclusively prevents the casual player from any satisfying game experience and its hard for me to understand what the strategy is behind that, just dont get it. I really liked the game and even if its pure pain and unfun, I still run around an hour or two in some maps , just finding that all happiness I felt playing this game in the last 3 years is just gone.....

noice
Nice
"
The GGG developers are not idiots, they achieved exactly what they wanted to achieve:
cut the casual players from any decent gear or sensefull loot strategy:
1. change economy to make sure casual players don't have enough currency to use meta crafts.
2. make sure drop rats are that bad they can't buy any good gear.
3. even if the casual had a lucky drop make sure the changes made to the economy will secure that items like mageblood will cost well over a mirror.
4. delete certain crafting methods from the game to secure the casual will not be able to change decent items drops into useful once.
5. Introduce sufficient bad stacking An mods and ground degen mods that the casual player with his decent gear will not be able to farm successfully high tier maps and/or mechanics.

That's all not a problem for the 16-hours-a-day player, the use-a-bot player and all this guys who have their mageblood after day 3 , they can buy whatever an item will cost , just buy all lucky drops or pure lucky RNG crafts doesn't matter whatever the market ask for. Gamble craft/reroll with 200 to 500 divines until any game content sinks into triviality. You can just see them day by day youtubing how they destroy more currency in 1 session than a casual will make the total league.
All this changes to the game exclusively prevents the casual player from any satisfying game experience and its hard for me to understand what the strategy is behind that, just dont get it. I really liked the game and even if its pure pain and unfun, I still run around an hour or two in some maps , just finding that all happiness I felt playing this game in the last 3 years is just gone.....

totally agree. either have a dedicated 6 man team with aura bot, carry and mf char or starve. the joy and tension when starting a map wondering "will i find something good this time" is just gone. if you dont find anything valuable 400 maps in a row, the tension is just gone.

you cant just play the game however you find most fun and achieve some modest success, its either play the meta or stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info