Gman's 3.21 Chieftain Strength Stacker Consec Path / Volcanic Fissure Totems [80 Mil+ Pinnacle DPS]

Got Bottled Faith and managed to make good enchant :)

I just checked prices, Forbidden Jewels will sum up at around 45 divines. Each Synthesised ring base is 8 div. I guess even if i managed to get jewels for that big damage boost, i would have to fix my fire resistance (would need 100, as currently i barely capped it with my ascendancy). I would defenately need help with crafting, but i'm afraid that would require to gather at least around 60 - 70 divines to even start that, isn't it?
I'm encountering a big problem: my totems seem to be made of wet noodles, anything will blast them within seconds;
how do u manage to make them deal damage?
Have problems with summoning both protector and warchief. I have 20/20 mult support for protector, I summon them, then I summon 3 consecrated totems and when I summon warchief it replace cosecrated totem instead of protector.
"
wowgs wrote:
Have problems with summoning both protector and warchief. I have 20/20 mult support for protector, I summon them, then I summon 3 consecrated totems and when I summon warchief it replace cosecrated totem instead of protector.

Hi!

I don't use the normal ancestral warchief, I only use the vaal version because the vaal version has the +1 totem modifier when summoned. So when summoning a vaal ancestral warchief it will give you 3 consec path, 1 protector and 1 vaal ancestral warchief

I have the vaal warchief up pretty much always because it stores 2 charges and gains souls pretty quickly!

hope this helps!
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on Sep 28, 2022, 8:15:23 PM
"
svarions23 wrote:
I'm encountering a big problem: my totems seem to be made of wet noodles, anything will blast them within seconds;

Hi! What level are you at and what enemies seem to be killing them. In my experience the only enemies capable of this are chayula in the Feared and sometimes Uber Shaper. If weaker enemies than this can kill your totems there is probably something wrong with your tree right now. Feel free to link me your tree!
egg
"
svarions23 wrote:

Do you have Ironwood node taken? It makes huge difference for totem survi. Also, what is level of yours Earthbreaker Support? It's nowhere told, but i noticed, that it also provides health to totems (correct me on this one if i'm wrong).

My totems sometimes die to strong AOE, like Tul's attack, Shaper, some AN mobs, essences.

Hinekora ascendancy node provides 1% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life, which works on totems, so in result, the more damage your totems deal, the faster their health recovery is, and so, the tankier they are.
I'm level 91, I got the Ironwood notable allocated, my earthbreaker is level 19 and anything with projectiles shower will delete them (world eater minions, vaal thing that shoot chaos proj,...) Veritania is also a pain in the butt, cuse the tempest will always cover her after a few seconds, forcing my totem to enter it and take additional damage.

My profile is public, so u can have a look at it.
"
svarions23 wrote:
I'm level 91, I got the Ironwood notable allocated, my earthbreaker is level 19 and anything with projectiles shower will delete them (world eater minions, vaal thing that shoot chaos proj,...) Veritania is also a pain in the butt, cuse the tempest will always cover her after a few seconds, forcing my totem to enter it and take additional damage.

Ah I see something that might be doing it at least part of the time!

Your ring has "lose 36 life per enemy killed", this wont affect you personally but im like 90% sure that it will cause your totems to lose a bunch of life. Totems actually dont have much life (somewhere between 2-3k life) and instead have a reduced dmg taken global modifier which normally is enough to keep them alive. However that modifier wont affect this so if this is the case then the totems are losing around 1.5% of their life instantly upon killing an enemy with no way to heal it back up. This means upon killing roughly 66 enemies the totems would kill themself even if they took no other damage. With other damage taken this might mean that they die in one or two packs of mobs instead of being mostly immortal.

As for the enemies that are killing them it is common for super beefy projectile based enemies to kill them, in order to combat this I would recommend either focusing whatever enemy is killing them first (this only really applies to maven invitations or bosses where you can set your totems up on the threat beforehand) or take one of the "totem life and resistances" nodes to temporarily fix the problem.

Also you have avatar of fire on your tree, there's not really any point to that node because we aren't converting our damage from any other damage types in this build. I would just remove it and use put that point somewhere where it's more useful.
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on Sep 29, 2022, 1:50:02 PM
"
gmandonnan wrote:
"
svarions23 wrote:

Ah I see something that might be doing it at least part of the time!

Your ring has "lose 36 life per enemy killed", this wont affect you personally but im like 90% sure that it will cause your totems to lose a bunch of life. Totems actually dont have much life (somewhere between 2-3k life) and instead have a reduced dmg taken global modifier which normally is enough to keep them alive. However that modifier wont affect this so if this is the case then the totems are losing around 1.5% of their life instantly upon killing an enemy with no way to heal it back up. This means upon killing roughly 66 enemies the totems would kill themself even if they took no other damage. With other damage taken this might mean that they die in one or two packs of mobs instead of being mostly immortal.

As for the enemies that are killing them it is common for super beefy projectile based enemies to kill them, in order to combat this I would recommend either focusing whatever enemy is killing them first (this only really applies to maven invitations or bosses where you can set your totems up on the threat beforehand) or take one of the "totem life and resistances" nodes to temporarily fix the problem.

Also you have avatar of fire on your tree, there's not really any point to that node because we aren't converting our damage from any other damage types in this build. I would just remove it and use put that point somewhere where it's more useful.

Nah, just a few minutes ago, I struggled against a rogue exile with triple spirit, they were melting as I summoned them; they can kill big packs of monster no problem, but when I meet a beefy rare, I have to resummon them 4-5 times sometimes...
"
svarions23 wrote:
Nah, just a few minutes ago, I struggled against a rogue exile with triple spirit, they were melting as I summoned them; they can kill big packs of monster no problem, but when I meet a beefy rare, I have to resummon them 4-5 times sometimes...

Ive looked through all your gear and I cant really see the reason right now as to why they're dying so fast in general, but I can give some tips about the mechanics of totems to see if anything in particular fixes it.

The life of your totems scales directly off of the level of your Earthbreaker Support gem, so for example for me a level 19 earthbreaker support means my totems have 2142 life. Totems take 80% reduced damage from enemies so that's an effective hitpool of 10710. In contrast with a level 21 earthbreaker support the totems' health pool is 2795 which means it has an effective hit pool of 13975. This is a really huge health pool increase which would definitely make your totems feel a lot better in the tankiness department, a normal quality level 21 earthbreaker should not be very expensive to acquire either.

Additionally with your skilltree your totems should have 70% to each ele resistance and 20% to chaos resistance, if you really want your totems to survive from all damage types if you get a cluster jewel with the node "Ancestral Preservation" which will take your totems to 45% chaos resistance, 75% all elemental resistances and grant additional physical damage reduction to the totems, this will help massively against chaos damage which often is a pain for totems to deal with. (I would recommend getting this on a megalomaniac with 2 other good mods but that might end up expensive or hard to come by so any normal totem cluster would be good too)

Hope any of this helps anyway!
egg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info