Additional Upcoming Changes

Remove Archnemesis!
Remove Archnemesis!
"
mahayana wrote:
Remove Archnemesis!

No thanks, I like the game not being a cookie clicker.
Arch Nemesis makes rares and champion packs actually interactive and challenging.
League is over anyways.

Lets wait for 3.20.
This is good and I'm glad the conversation is continuing. The flask change in particular should be really interesting.

I have to confess though, I don't understand why the Magic Find/Culling problem is so difficult to solve. If you simply freeze the rewards when you enter a map and don't allow them to change when you later call an MF Culler in, then the entire business of MF culling will be eliminated without any unforeseeable ripple effects to everyone else. Why isn't this the obvious solution?

While the Lake rewards are headed in the right direction, the real reason I don't run lakes is because they're simply too dangerous. I go from burning through everything to one or two-shot dying because of a particularly nasty Archnemesis rare that visually is indistinguishable from everything else... I love the concept of the Lakes and I enjoy the mechanic. It's just sad that I basically can't level my character if I choose to run them because the danger is so asymmetrical and spikey-by-surprise, so to speak.

I applaud the direction and the changes, but I'm not sure why some of the more glaring issues aren't addressed.
"
pr0mete1 wrote:
"
tador88 wrote:
"
pr0mete1 wrote:
Not sure if this calculations are fair without details.
400k kills on red maps should be very different from 400k kills on white maps, Heist should be different from Legions, etc.

Don't worry, my atlas is full, I run only T16, same level of LoK or heist contracts. Delve is only on lv 81 mobs. As a proof, I doubt that anyone can do 22 challenges in white maps.

Anyway, it depends on when you started to run certain mechanics and other things.
You may call me lucky, but I had raw dinives drop in at least maps, lake, heist, blight and expedition. Not even speaking about items that can be sold on trade.

No, is not about time or luck. Is just a gaussian distribution. On the bell curve, you are the middle, I'm one of the end (too less) and the goblin looter are the other end of the bell (too much). This curve existed always in the drop, just that the difference between the ends and the center of the gaussian curve, was way less. With same amount of time invested, we has around same wealth, so all was able to progress equally.
Now, with same time invested, some progress comfortable (like you), some are way too rich and can afford everything, and some are like me, not being able to afford a crafting bench recipe.
Playing from 3.11 and never post in the forum until now. Never came to complain that I didn't ever drop a mirror, a headhunter or a mageblood. I understand this are rare drops that just few lucky will see. But now is not about special loot, is about basic item and basic currency. And not seeing the basic currency is not normal, because you can't progress without it.

This is why so many people are complaining about loot, about goblins. The actual loot system is totally broken, and even you are lucky to be in the middle, this doesn't mean that things are going ok with the game.
Last edited by tador88 on Sep 13, 2022, 1:20:19 PM
I am having fun and think it's cool that GGG believe in their vision.
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:
"
mahayana wrote:
Remove Archnemesis!

Arch Nemesis makes rares and champion packs actually interactive and challenging.

This is patently false. Archnemeis does the OPPOSITE of making rares actually interactive and challenging. You are not interacting with or challenged by the monster. You are dodging random effects that are tossed ontop of them regardless of the type of monster etc. We don't need archnemesis we need an actual monster rework.
"
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:
"
mahayana wrote:
Remove Archnemesis!

This is patently false. Archnemeis does the OPPOSITE of making rares actually interactive and challenging. You are not interacting with or challenged by the monster. You are dodging random effects that are tossed ontop of them regardless of the type of monster etc. We don't need archnemesis we need an actual monster rework.

What is random about archnemesis other than the mods the monster is given? Once you've identified what it is you are fighting, you literally know EXACTLY what abilities they will throw at you b/c of their mods.

Does dodging abilities not make a game challenging? Does critiquing your build to adapt to specific modifiers not present a challenge? You just seem to be complaining b/c the game is hard.
Thanks for removing cold dot ground. A Planck-sized step in the right direction.
"
NotoSenpai wrote:

What is random about archnemesis other than the mods the monster is given? Once you've identified what it is you are fighting, you literally know EXACTLY what abilities they will throw at you b/c of their mods.

Does dodging abilities not make a game challenging? Does critiquing your build to adapt to specific modifiers not present a challenge? You just seem to be complaining b/c the game is hard.
Stop moving the goalposts dude. The game is still baby mode easy, and keeping archnemesis but nerfing it over and over isn't making it harder. "Once you've identified what it is you are fighting" once you've identified what mods you are fighting you mean. Most of the time you can't tell what kind of monster you are even fighting. I'm not asking for an easy game I'm just asking for the game to not be shit.
Last edited by Fantatasticfox on Sep 13, 2022, 1:10:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info