[3.21] [SSF] Crackling Lance Low Life RF Petrified Blood Inquisitor - tanky, 7m+ dps, decent clear

Hey man, thanks for your answers, i have some notes that you can consider adding to the guide in the tips section that im finding very very helpful for the build:

having a flask that stops burning when you notice youre fighting opponents that melt through your defences as emergency button to stop RF. im using a basalt flask for that.

i find rotgut pretty handy in combination with any form of frenzy charge gain (cruciable mod or ring enchant) since it opens up the onslaught flask.

And Another common unique that you might consider adding is the Highwayman. Not only does it help with farming stuff that youre looking for but also gives the necessary life leech that is somewhat hard to obtain in the midgame and is overall pretty strong with the charge stealing.

Last but not least: ive put shield charge + faster attacks on my secondary weapons and switch around if i need the extra movement speed. very minor point though.

Thanks for the guide, its absolutely lovely to play, both in leveling and now in mapping.

PS: can you explain me the stormweaver choice as Annoint? Im currently using brink of death and for damage shouldnt breath of lightning / heart of thunder do more damage? Or Charisma for the mana res. budget choice?

Last edited by Kushielxoxo on May 1, 2023, 5:15:47 AM
"
Kushielxoxo wrote:

PS: can you explain me the stormweaver choice as Annoint? Im currently using brink of death and for damage shouldnt breath of lightning / heart of thunder do more damage? Or Charisma for the mana res. budget choice?

Actually, there are way better annoints that you can get right now, like Mark the Prey or Disciple of the Slaughter. Storm Weaver was something that worked for me best in 3.19, right now it's kinda obsolete. Thank you for pointing this out, I've updated the guide.
Im currently testing the Devine Shield Keystone and it looks pretty good so far as it assists alot with keeping energy shield up despite all sources claiming its useless in connection with PB. i have 16k armor and around 1.4k ES. Without it i had to turn RF off if i wanted my ES to be reasonably up as defense layer aginst harder stuff, with it, i can keep it on. I cant really back it up with math though.

Did you consider using it?
"
Kushielxoxo wrote:
Im currently testing the Devine Shield Keystone and it looks pretty good so far as it assists alot with keeping energy shield up despite all sources claiming its useless in connection with PB. i have 16k armor and around 1.4k ES. Without it i had to turn RF off if i wanted my ES to be reasonably up as defense layer aginst harder stuff, with it, i can keep it on. I cant really back it up with math though.

Did you consider using it?

I have used it briefly, but it didn't do much for me in my experience, so I didn't include it in the build. It's just a tiny 1 point investment with no downside for this build, so I don't see a reason not to use it if it works for you.
I fiddled around with zealotry before Ashen by taking mana res jewels and its imo not worth going for. Especially if one hasnt found daressos yet (like me) and is kinda reliant on tempest shield as defense layer.

Tempest shields shock immunity together with chill and freeze immunity by craft / Pantheon also made me drop Annointed flesh in favor of balancing off the build elsewhere. (Had too much Int and went for the STR notables in the left bottom)

And unlike HoT, Tempest can be linked with power charge on crit and help sustaining them through the clear. It might be better than zealotry honestly, everything considered. Its abit of a damage loss but such a Defense gain.

What do you think about Natures Patience for this build? Since the build can facetank alot it should be pretty juicy to use, no?
Last edited by Kushielxoxo on May 3, 2023, 3:16:53 PM
"
Kushielxoxo wrote:
I fiddled around with zealotry before Ashen by taking mana res jewels and its imo not worth going for. Especially if one hasnt found daressos yet (like me) and is kinda reliant on tempest shield as defense layer.

Tempest shields shock immunity together with chill and freeze immunity by craft / Pantheon also made me drop Annointed flesh in favor of balancing off the build elsewhere. (Had too much Int and went for the STR notables in the left bottom)

And unlike HoT, Tempest can be linked with power charge on crit and help sustaining them through the clear. It might be better than zealotry honestly, everything considered. Its abit of a damage loss but such a Defense gain.

What do you think about Natures Patience for this build? Since the build can facetank alot it should be pretty juicy to use, no?

Changing into Tempest Shield can be a good option early game indeed. Zealotry is quite a significant damage boost, but it can be just left for the endgame.
Nature's Patience is sort of finnicky in my opinion and while it is able to provide a boost to damage, I think the downside can make you die more often than not if you're not being careful.
Plus the other thing is, the build already has high damage, which at this point only matters for pinnacle bosses, because even map bosses will melt in a matter of two seconds. And those are some of the fights where you constantly have to move, so Nature's Patience does nothing e.g. on Sirus or Maven.
Last edited by 100purified on May 4, 2023, 4:02:26 AM
"Teleporting with any movement skill that instantly moves you (such as Flame Dash or Blink Arrow) instantly removes all stacks of the Grasping Vines debuff."

doesnt that negate the downside?
"
Kushielxoxo wrote:
"Teleporting with any movement skill that instantly moves you (such as Flame Dash or Blink Arrow) instantly removes all stacks of the Grasping Vines debuff."

doesnt that negate the downside?

It does, but I can think of situations where you would not be able to use your Flame Dash to teleport away, for example one of the harvest bosses prevents you from using travel skills, or just simply running a map with reduced cooldown recovery, making your Flame Dash have a relatively long cooldown.
Again, this is up to your personal preference though, in my opinion the node would be more annoying than useful.
hey, im currently considering options for 6-linking and found an inpulsas. is that worth it considering its evasion, requires some additional dex ec? since clearing is kinda meh it might fill that gap a little is my impression.
"
Kushielxoxo wrote:
hey, im currently considering options for 6-linking and found an inpulsas. is that worth it considering its evasion, requires some additional dex ec? since clearing is kinda meh it might fill that gap a little is my impression.

A shaper Armour/ES chest is optimal, but I don't see why Inpulsa's wouldn't work. Not sure if it will help you clear in any way, because I haven't tried it. You should be fine though if you can meet the stat requirements and get your resistances elsewhere.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info