Tool-assisted Pantheon Mod Farming

"
So... players were using a tool that:

1. Didn't affect Gameplay

2. Didn't affect other players

3. Was helpful in determining if maps were worth running for chances at loot that YOU GUYS refuse to fix yourself?

And you're... happy about that? You say yourself that even having the ability to do this was risk vs reward heavy on its own which, in my opinion, kinda negates the idea of having to remove it at all. But you call it "Nefarious"? Really? I sincerely hope your smarter devs start looking for new jobs. You're not going to receive any financial backing in the future if you're going to keep doing things this ridiculous.

No, people were cheating to get an advantage over other players (easy/faster/more currency).

If you run a marathon, while your opponent takes the bus for the same distance, all your points still apply: it doesn't affect the race itself, it doesn't impact other runners and is helpful for the guy on the bus. You will still probably feel cheated, won't you?
"
chedrich wrote:
"
So... players were using a tool that:

1. Didn't affect Gameplay

2. Didn't affect other players

3. Was helpful in determining if maps were worth running for chances at loot that YOU GUYS refuse to fix yourself?

And you're... happy about that? You say yourself that even having the ability to do this was risk vs reward heavy on its own which, in my opinion, kinda negates the idea of having to remove it at all. But you call it "Nefarious"? Really? I sincerely hope your smarter devs start looking for new jobs. You're not going to receive any financial backing in the future if you're going to keep doing things this ridiculous.

No, people were cheating to get an advantage over other players (easy/faster/more currency).

If you run a marathon, while your opponent takes the bus for the same distance, all your points still apply: it doesn't affect the race itself, it doesn't impact other runners and is helpful for the guy on the bus. You will still probably feel cheated, won't you?

People were cheating just so they could get currency to craft and sustain maps again. It's not like they were cheating to make you feel insecure lol.
Best thing to do: remove archnemesis
"

Your feeling is not a legitimate reason for any request or demand. The only issue that matters is whether the program/tool violates any part of TOS or not. Your perception of fairness does not matter in an environment that has no element of competition. The only time when competition presents itself is right after new leauge, but we all know that race is over.

This is no ones fault but the designers, it should have been anticipated; it has happened before, yeah. Best they should do now is focus on how to resolve it, and that is where the problem lies right now cause they seem to be in denial instead. Retribution will just waste time and credibility.
Last edited by AhuraFortunata on Aug 27, 2022, 5:44:44 PM
Please just remove Archnemesis at least, god damn it!
Last edited by Yukiomi on Aug 27, 2022, 5:45:25 PM
Calling it an exploit isn't even fair or appropriate when you guys are the ones who deliberately created the need to use the program with such a flawed reward system.
"
Caledus wrote:
Again, instead of.....sextupling? (can't even keep track at this point) down on archnem, for the love of god just scrap it and solve all these problems. There's a sliver of a chance still to save this league and bring a large portion of the player base that has bailed on it back. We get that that you've spent alot of development $ on it, but why can't you see your just throwing good money after bad at this point, how low do your retention rates have to actually get before you give in with this nonsense?

Because of the Sunk Cost Fallacy, meaning that if you spend a large sum on money on something, you have to continue to spend money (any amount) on trying to make that large sum expense worthwhile.
I don't know if you guys see every single post here, but I'll try to say some points are important to have game fun:

1. Considering archnemesis mobs are so strong and also map mods give them power enough to hit kill players (not just archnemesis but any other, including bosses), I think it's time to reduce the resistance penalty of the game from 60 to 30 or 25%.

Why reduce the penalty? Simple! Players take much time to cap resistances and can`t focus on other defense sources. And please don`t argue about using streamers because your majority number of players aren`t streamers but casual players. If you want to nerf them, just keep this penalty as it is on HC.

2. Endgame is boring and many players already said that. Almost every single mechanic in the game is based on creating maps and roll modifiers to increase the drop (a thing you already killed in this league). Keep in mind to rework all PoE endgame using another mechanic instead of jumping map by map with no purpose.

3. Another thing is the engine optimization issues: I don`t to be rude, but the game is ugly for 2022 and many games with better graphics have more optimization than you. Consider switching your engine for a better one. You going to reduce your work by creating new features while fixing your own engine and game at the same time.

4. Bosses in acts (except kitava) don`t give players the sensation of fighting a boss. They`re all small, weird and people are forced to play their mechanics with damage enough for killing them. For me, bosses must make players fear them and I never had this sensation on PoE.

This is it for now.

I think the PoE`s problem is the outdated thinking of games.
Wow. After all someone has read replies under the previous article and now Chris had know that his shiny example with 50 divines was made with third-party tools?
Lol, just lol.
That cheat (and speaking about it) was a war declaration (on the biiiiip last 6 months changes). By kinda not average players but people that seem to be familliar with tracking hidden data within the game (because that's what GGG does since the beginning). And GGG took on the gauntlet. OK ...
I'm going back to play to Last Epoch until this war ends and it might last several weeks/months.
A war where Chris loose on any outcome:
1/ Hackers win and ruin the game and/or servers/business model/... and Tencent comes out of the cave
2/ GGG wins and players are gone into exile out of the game ... and Tencent comes out of the cave

I wouldn't have risked that, really. Not noticing the actual situation is dramatical.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info