What Happened with Items

There is just one problem with all of this. This game is a H&S MMORPG, in these kind of games only one thing matters, LOOOOOOOOOT.
Reducing LOOOOOT droprate is the worst warcrime you can do in the game that is centered around LOOOT.

Also one thing that might be new to the devs, most ppl play this game to have fun. If they have fun they play, if they don't they won't.
I play for challenges and if I have 36-38 I stop playing IF the league is meh, if I like it, I play it after that as well, try new/fun/meme builds and have even more fun.
IF the league is boring and the nerfs are becoming a hinderence, I reduce the challenges to a rate I even don't care and stop playing.

One last thing, Chris can play the huffy one, but ppl are angry on the game because they REALLY LIKE THE GAME AND CARE. I have over 6k hours played since open beta, some leagues I loved some I didnt, but never ever EVER had the urge to stop playing, even in nerf league.
I personally felt the inability to sustain alch&go on maps, I had lucky drops early on so I cant say a thing, on day2 I got my brass dome that I 6linked in 2 fusings.)

Ninja nerfs are the distrust towards the playerbase and it's always enraging.
don't do that.
Last edited by zsirfoka on Aug 26, 2022, 2:10:23 PM
It was initially a bad idea to change the drop rate. Return the drop chances as it was in the last league, I beg you GGG. You will be shocked by how many of your problems are solved instantly. Thank you
Loot is not fine.

6 man party, fully juiced map... no way should it be acceptable for the game to have a single loot pinata kill drop a stack of 50 divine orbs.

For us solo players most all special league mechanics in maps are completely unrewarding.

The last Blight I successfully completed in a map:
- 2 of 6 chests dropped nothing at all (I assume your loot cull was at work here). - 2 of 6 chests dropped complete crap that was hidden by the map filter, barring one rare item, which I deemed crap and ignored.
- 2 of 6 chests were oil chests, which dropped 1 clear oil each.
Really?

Barring 3.19, never in my entire time playing POE have I ever gotten multiple oil chests with such little return. The oil chests used to be explosions of several oils each. And when bad RNG, while the explosions would all be low tier oils, at least they were explosions, and not a single clear oil.

And my last Blight outcome wasn't a one off. It's the status quo of the league. I have done every map Blight I have encountered this league. I have yet to fail a map blight this league. All told I have a whopping 5 clear and 3 sepia oils. That's astoundingly bad, and completely useless.

Breaches are bad. Deliriums are bad, hell, I had one that didn't drop a darn thing at the end, barring me pressing my hotkey to see what the filter hid, which in effect means dropped nothing at the end.

Your pushing of item drops to the Archnemesis rares is sorely ffffing up the drops in the rest of the game, not mention that random rares should not be more dangerous and harder to kill than the boss of the map.

It's ludicrous to be in the midst of battle with a couple of Archnemesis rares, hear the sound effects of map a boss you didn't even realize was there, and continue the fight as if the boss wasn't even there.
U SORRY BUT YOU DON'T CHANGE BACK. WE NOT A PIG . DEL GAME
Today i spen literally 7 hours of rolling item with acl-scour because of harvest nerf. I want to run maps but not sit in HO and do 10000 clicks on a single item. Please think about harvest recipes. We can't make gear and run fun maps, we need to sit in HO and click click click. Not fun at all. I don't want take that sort of game experience.
How i see you can fix that annoying thing - turn back in game "keeping prefixes/sufixes" or "remove non-X, add X mod" if it is possible. May be next league you will find the way to fix annoying alt-aug-regal craft because only players with software can use it for difficult gear. As i say before, i spend 7 hours, but bot can do in in 30 minutes.
Hope GGG hear me here. Keep listen to community and speak to us, please. We want make great game together, we have free ideas, we can help Free, we would support when we have fun in game.
Thanks.
"
TheRhazensten wrote:
For what it's worth, I agree with the changes in spirit. I'm one of the people who agrees that harder rares, even ones that are more difficult and mechanically complex that the map bosses is an interesting idea - the way rare items can become better than unique items given modifiers.

I feel that these sorts of blowouts are inevitable as things are dialed back in speed for PoE2, a winnowing of the community is inevitable as the people who only play to press buttons and make lights happen fall out and the people who want to "Spend ten minutes fighting a rare" take their place.

Demographics shift over time, and nobody likes being on the way out.

I'd rather have a game made with a personal vision - and the accompanying personal mistakes that come with it - rather than a game made to make fans happy. Fans are idiots. I'm an idiot. Everyone in this thread is an idiot. You shouldn't be trying to make us happy, and some would argue that Archnemesis has been proof positive that you absolutely aren't.

I admire that. I like it. I respect the fortitude it's going to take to see the active players drop and say "The scope is changing and this is a consequence." I hope you don't give up on the vision.

The playerbase will come along, in whatever form the new game demands. I'll be there, so long as I can still taste the vision, and so long as you never try to put my tastes over your own.

[Removed by Support]

POE already has some pretty hardcore players to get into the game, not to mention willing to dive into the game. Whether you like it or not, there really isn't a massive number of new people for POE to appeal to. The audience is pretty set at this point and while new users certainly join, there isn't enough to sustain player numbers if over half of people leave.

This truly cam be the death of this game because it's taking big spenders and content creators out left and right. The vast majority of people are quitting not just the league but for good.

GGG has fucked the community too hard this time with awful decisions, like making all loot come from rare mobs now and nuking build diversity. Gone are the days of having fun experimenting and it's now a frustrating slog that demands far too much time with little reward.

You can be happy with it all you'd like, there statistically will be people like you, but when people with thousands of hours quit suddenly, that's a major problem. After 3500 hours, I clearly had enjoyment with the game and liked it. For someone like me that has been around for lots of league launches and spent a fair bit on supporter packs and merch to just turn my back on them tells you they fucked up.

This isn't a case of changing the playerbase, they are outright culling it and that's never a good thing.

In a week, we went from people excited for the league, POE 2, and Exilecon to hating GGG and Chris Wilson for being out of touch, clearly never playing their own game, misunderstanding the problem, and believe they know what's best for us.

[Removed by Support] They want to burn all bridges and kill their game because they don't understand it and are unwilling to listen to players.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Aug 26, 2022, 3:38:57 PM
Chris,

Thanks for your post. I have been one to roast you guys for poor testing/QA processes, because I have a software development background, I can deduce where your testing team is dropping the ball by the end result that keeps getting repeated over..and...over....and over...again...and again...

You shielding them from criticism by taking 100% of the blame yourself is admirable. But, without serious process improvement and perhaps a paradigm shift in your QA/Testing methodology altogether, you will be doomed to repeat this same scenario again in the future.

Let's be honest, this isn't the first shit sandwich you've had to eat, with the exact same general cause and effect relationship. If you didn't learn from it in the past, why should we believe this time will be different?
Why are game developers portraying themselves as Philosophers?

This inst a religion or ideology. It's a arpg.

I'm really disappointed that some philosophical code stopped ggg from making a good league.

I've been playing since closed beta, This is the most disconnected I've felt from the developers. It really hurts my heart, I play this game every league.
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
"
deadunion wrote:
Why are game developers portraying themselves as Philosophers?

This inst a religion or ideology. It's a arpg.

I'm really disappointed that some philosophical code stopped ggg from making a good league.

I've been playing since closed beta, This is the most disconnected I've felt from the developers. It really hurts my heart, I play this game every league.

Because kill monster get loot is to hard to program i guess. ^^
Love you guys <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info