Improvements to Item Drops

"
"
Caledus wrote:
You guys have deservedly taken alot of flack over this launch. But you all also deserve alot of props for consistently hearing the feedback and getting fixes out much faster then many companies so thank you.

Hard disagree, they overly nerf, see our complaints, do not actually hear what we are complaining about, fix tiny little things that don't actually cover the root problem and after massively nerfing loot they give us a tiny percent back because remind that even a 50% loot loss which is THE KINDEST estimate by those doing math while a 90%+ loot loss according to Empy Magic Find group aka the people who would have the most loot out of anyone, cannot remotely be treated by a 25% buff. This is the strategy to massively nerf loot in AN UNDOCUMENTED NERF and then admit to it but give us a tiny shred of it back and expecting us to shut up about it.

They are literally wanting you to do what you are doing, praise them for "listening to feedback" shut up about any complaints and just take the raw deal. No, they don't get to play that game after doing a massive undocumented nerf while preaching transparency. Revert the changes, admit you screwed up, and don't take us for idiots.

Entitled to your opinion, but last league had a similiar uproar, if not to this extent, and after a few days worth of fixes, many people have claimed that it was their favorite league. Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, the real issue is what's going on that's allowing this content to be released in such a shaky state to begin with.
"
Nicator wrote:
"
FreezeR96PL wrote:
100%-90%=10%+33%=13%

that would actually be 43%.

33% of 10% is 43%?

See this is why a few people post " thanks GGG!", they're bad at math. GGG comes out looking like the good guy.
So the numbers. No hate. Just approximations.

Harvest
A lot of crafts reduced cost by 50%

With 190 quant

Harvest to get a top tier craft
90 red maps on average was 180 before

Might get one basic reforge in yellow maps

Loot uniques

Unique rate nerfed (unkown amount) by 3.19
Buffed by 33%
So like 2% to 3% maybe 4% to 6% might even be .3 to .39 %. Who knows.

loot
Reduced by roughly 97%
Buffed by 25%

So like a 77% reduction after the big buff

A side note. Higher lvl bases will drop. This effects nothing. These are crafting bases since rares cannot roll with usable stats feasibly. It is like being killed by a meteor. It can happen but too unlikely to matter.

Realistically GGG needs to improve the game. Whatever that means. For some players that means rolling back a lot of changes. To put this in perspective, empy's mf group with the best possible map with lots of great made 300ish chaos with 225-250 spent. If they did this now they might get 350 chaos. So 1 divine an hour roughly. That means for then to use 1 meta craft they need to do 2 hours of ultra endgame mapping. Each item has multiple fail stats that may remove 20 hours of farming.

Basically 3.19 moved player power onto gear. Then they destroyed end game crafting, and executed entry level crafting by 1, making harvest ready to expensive, 2, removing 97% of all currency drops from league monsters on average.

I think I would be fine if AN monsters do the damage pre atlas monsters did in 2013. Like when players didn't need the resist cap, like 3000 before resists. Than means a 4 mod arch would do like 10-12 before any defenses.

100%-90%=10%*33%=13%
"
lexcaintt wrote:
"
DistantBliss wrote:
So the historic iir and iiq bonus is gone reducing drops by what feels like up to 90% to players and then you buff the drops by between 25% and 33%?

Yea.....

That's still a massive, unannounced, unwarranted and unexplained nerf that you are very quiet about. You've been taking away power from players patch after patch after patch now, while adding that power to monsters in return while also adding nothing new in terms of league mechanics that is here to stay for a while now. (Kalandra is just other league mechanics in 1 area, sentinel was just zappy boys adding hp to mobs, arch-nem isnt a mechanic you can engage with (you have to and you cant influence it in any way), and scourge is beyond now but you nerfed the currency to a point of it hardly dropping AND being unusable when it does.

Why? Tell us why all this nerfing was so sorely needed. The game was already hard for normal players, it didnt need further gating. And this post being so overly curt and clearly buthurt cause it is a development ''away from the vision'' is childish. Grow tf up and adapt to what players actually want to play or step aside for someone that can and wants to because this makes no sense and it's costing you long term AND new players.

Chris wants to make the game slower, but doesn't understand that it's not just the power of the player that results in the zoomy gameplay. It's the encounters, the enemy design that (apart from a few exceptions) requires you to simply out-damage their mechanics, because those mechanics are nothing you can actually engage and overcome with playerskill. Especially as melee.

I personally dislike the zoomy Dragon Ball-style gameplay, but being permanently CCed with slows to about 40-70% action speed and undodgeable damage auras and ground effects is just resulting in being shoehorned into playing meta-builds that kill stuff before they can spread those effects and before you can be slowed down that much.

Their enemy design is what makes players only really have fun when playing zoomy builds. And they just can't admit it to themselves.

I shall say, on market is tons of slow and borring arpgs, grim dawn, last epoch, diablo. I liked this game because i can run at 200+ ms and expload 2-3 screens of enemies. Who even need slow poe? [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Dylan_GGG on Aug 24, 2022, 1:02:40 AM
Why are they afraid of giving players power and letting them having fun? People who are having fun play longer with different builds.

Why do they keep thinking that making the game less accessible and making the game less fun will stop playing faster? WHY?
at this point i will not think - hey they understood - i will just think instead - how are they gonna screw me in other places ? how are they gonna screw me next league ?

i do not think anything besides full rollback of 3.19 is gonna get the trust back tbh, this the kind of thing that leaves a shadow on a company's reputation forever.

still no communication besides dry notes on OH TWENTY FIVE PERCENT LOOT.

still no explanation on how are we supposed to play minions

still no explanation on where the harvest mods are

still no explanation on how to play the game with PLUS TWO RADIUS CLEAVE ....
Well, in vain
Sorry but you have lost our trust. I still got the feeling that this is not enough.
Revert the loot changes. Remove the stupid archnemsis.
100%-90%=10%*33%=13%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info