Improvements to Item Drops

The funny thing about this is when I was telling my wife about the nerfs and how everyone is enraged and quitting the game, I said...
"They will just increase the currency drops by 25% and call it a win".

Man... you come straight out of a comic book.
League is saved Pog
The Anchoring begins.....
Thanks Chris for being transparent through all of this community backlash. I understand some of it but the extremes some people are taking is kind of absurd. Glad to see that the dev team is taking the higher ground here.
100%-90%=10%+33%=13%
My brain has just now wrapped around this...Not only did yall double down on your loot stance and give everyone 13% more loot of almost nothing. You guys also put EVEN MORE incentive in getting to shitty 4 mod AN mods? Why??? Remove AN?
"
DistantBliss wrote:
So the historic iir and iiq bonus is gone reducing drops by what feels like up to 90% to players and then you buff the drops by between 25% and 33%?

Yea.....

That's still a massive, unannounced, unwarranted and unexplained nerf that you are very quiet about. You've been taking away power from players patch after patch after patch now, while adding that power to monsters in return while also adding nothing new in terms of league mechanics that is here to stay for a while now. (Kalandra is just other league mechanics in 1 area, sentinel was just zappy boys adding hp to mobs, arch-nem isnt a mechanic you can engage with (you have to and you cant influence it in any way), and scourge is beyond now but you nerfed the currency to a point of it hardly dropping AND being unusable when it does.

Why? Tell us why all this nerfing was so sorely needed. The game was already hard for normal players, it didnt need further gating. And this post being so overly curt and clearly buthurt cause it is a development ''away from the vision'' is childish. Grow tf up and adapt to what players actually want to play or step aside for someone that can and wants to because this makes no sense and it's costing you long term AND new players.

Chris wants to make the game slower, but doesn't understand that it's not just the power of the player that results in the zoomy gameplay. It's the encounters, the enemy design that (apart from a few exceptions) requires you to simply out-damage their mechanics, because those mechanics are nothing you can actually engage and overcome with playerskill. Especially as melee.

I personally dislike the zoomy Dragon Ball-style gameplay, but being permanently CCed with slows to about 40-70% action speed and undodgeable damage auras and ground effects is just resulting in being shoehorned into playing meta-builds that kill stuff before they can spread those effects and before you can be slowed down that much.

Their enemy design is what makes players only really have fun when playing zoomy builds. And they just can't admit it to themselves.
"
lexcaintt wrote:
"
DistantBliss wrote:
So the historic iir and iiq bonus is gone reducing drops by what feels like up to 90% to players and then you buff the drops by between 25% and 33%?

Yea.....

That's still a massive, unannounced, unwarranted and unexplained nerf that you are very quiet about. You've been taking away power from players patch after patch after patch now, while adding that power to monsters in return while also adding nothing new in terms of league mechanics that is here to stay for a while now. (Kalandra is just other league mechanics in 1 area, sentinel was just zappy boys adding hp to mobs, arch-nem isnt a mechanic you can engage with (you have to and you cant influence it in any way), and scourge is beyond now but you nerfed the currency to a point of it hardly dropping AND being unusable when it does.

Why? Tell us why all this nerfing was so sorely needed. The game was already hard for normal players, it didnt need further gating. And this post being so overly curt and clearly buthurt cause it is a development ''away from the vision'' is childish. Grow tf up and adapt to what players actually want to play or step aside for someone that can and wants to because this makes no sense and it's costing you long term AND new players.

Chris wants to make the game slower, but doesn't understand that it's not just the power of the player that results in the zoomy gameplay. It's the encounters, the enemy design that (apart from a few exceptions) requires you to simply out-damage their mechanics, because those mechanics are nothing you can actually engage and overcome with playerskill. Especially as melee.

I personally dislike the zoomy Dragon Ball-style gameplay, but being permanently CCed with slows to about 40-70% action speed and undodgeable damage auras and ground effects is just resulting in being shoehorned into playing meta-builds that kill stuff before they can spread those effects and before you can be slowed down that much.

Their enemy design is what makes players only really have fun when playing zoomy builds. And they just can't admit it to themselves.

well said.
"
FreezeR96PL wrote:
100%-90%=10%+33%=13%

that would actually be 43%.
This is what happens when you lose the trust of your customers. Any game dev should do well to take note.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info