lightning arrow against new thorns

"
Drahken wrote:
"
Duskbane wrote:
"

My cleaver attacks 5 times per second. I'd love to be running multistrike for more like 10 attacks per second, but lightning thorns pretty much prevents that from being a viable option.

I think a slight internal cooldown on lightning thorns would be a good solution to the problem. Say a 1/3 of a second cooldown on lightning thorns before it can reflect again (against the same target). Maybe push the damage back up a bit to compensate.

Better yet, have it build charges the longer it goes without reflecting. Monsters with lightning thorns generate a lightning charge once per second, up to a maximum of 5 charges. When they're hit, they discharge all charges against their attacker. This way lightning thorns isn't necessarily so much worse for fast attacks than for slower ones.

Holy crap you just fixed lightning thorns for everyone

GGG hire this man

I'm not being sarcastic I promise I know it looks like it but man this is an amazing fix that I've never even though of... ICD would make LT tolerable by all

they misewell get rid of LT if they were to implement this. how long do you think monsters survive in endgame? any sort of delay would make LT extremely weak and it would be pointless to even have it on the mobs.

Why would a 1/3 second delay make it extremely weak? The delay is simply there to prevent Chained shots from instantly killing you. If you don't let off the trigger you'll still die just as quickly, but you should not die from only firing one shot. Two might kill you. At least give the player chance to react, without that, the skill is bullshit.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Perhaps a temporary solution to this would be to use enfeeble and then an AOE DoT like a chaos arrow and NOT hit the target but the areas surrounding them. One tactic I like to use is to fill a room/area with poisonous gas and throw in a bunch of modified fire traps and totems. I’m thinking since that the traps and totems are not “attached” to you, there shouldn’t be anything that is reflected to you. I haven’t come across the LT mobs yet but if they use the same mechanics as all other games do, then this SHOULD be somewhat of a viable, if not annoying, solution.

I’m also having a hard time wrapping my brain around the “genius” idea of making the thorns against ranged characters. I don’t ever remember seeing the DEFENSIVE MELEE ability of thorns against ranged but perhaps someone was bored at GGG and thought this would be a good idea – um, no guys, it’s not. That’s what REFLECT DAMAGE is used for – ranged and spell casters.

As a side note, I’m hoping this game doesn’t go from being fun to play to becoming a “chore.”
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
Yeah welcome to the melee world, noob chained La doesnt even compare with Cyclone with 2.0 att speed on thorns. Remove chain if u unsure about maps mobs, time to start act cautious for you cookie cutters, suffer a little while melee still suffers tons more...
"
Ceykey wrote:
Yeah welcome to the melee world, noob chained La doesnt even compare with Cyclone with 2.0 att speed on thorns. Remove chain if u unsure about maps mobs, time to start act cautious for you cookie cutters, suffer a little while melee still suffers tons more...

exactly.
"
Ceykey wrote:

oh god what a stupid/silly comment

this is what people sound like on the d3 forums. instead of wanting their own situation fixed, they call for other classes/builds to be punished/nerfed.

this is not the way, smallson
"
HopTortoise wrote:
oh god what a stupid/silly comment

this is what people sound like on the d3 forums. instead of wanting their own situation fixed, they call for other classes/builds to be punished/nerfed.

this is not the way, smallson

Yea, I really don't get the unbridled hate people direct at builds that are perceived to be popular or effective, simply to justify their own choices.

Anyway, the proposed idea of an internal cooldown would be a great way to limit the devastating consequences of many hits in a short amount of time on a pack with Lightning Thorns, which is an issue for far more builds than just LA.
I'm so glad I've gone for LA totems instead of normal LA lol, I love this nerf because my choice is finally justified :D. (The totems will get raped, but whatever)
Old april 2012 account got stolen
LA chain doesnt hurt as much as EK chain...
s
Just lost a party member to LA-LMP-Chain on a pack. 6,000 damage is about the right estimate. Think we do need that internal cooldown^
All i say is i am done playing my 84 character until they fix this...cause i will not die to this stupid thorns to see it removed 2 days later...and btw u can hit more than 9 times with LA+CHAIN+LMP, because when u shoot one arrow of LA it doesn't just hit one target even without support gems. It has a mini explosion that hits everything within radius. And when u got a lot of chained projectiles, that mini radius makes a difference. And if you are doing the build correctly you will almost shoot 2 times clicking one time on your mouse because u have INSANE APS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info