lightning arrow against new thorns

"
ighnaz wrote:
do you know how much attacks I do to a single target with 3.5 APS LA build? that's not even comparable.

Depending on pack positioning, density, etc, it varies a lot, but 3 times per attack isn't an unreasonable guess. That would put you comparable to my cleaver with multistrike.
Yeah. I'm not saying they work against every cc build possible or that they're good. What I'm saying is there were some builds suffering when fighting thorns before, now there is more builds suffering. And that was the point of the change, I guess. It sucks but seems to work as intended. Hence my suggestions how to deal with it.
✠ ✠
"
Skvimpan wrote:
I got myself an Lioneye's and was lucky enough to 6-link it yesterday on my lvl 87 hc char. Today i died from a random offscreen LA shot, so now i'm farming docs in default for lvl 66 maps while trying to decide if i should move my hc maps to default or not :p

So yea, i got problems with them aswell. i used GMP to reduce the threat of reflect damage, but instead it seems that contributed to me dying from thorns.

exactly why I stopped playing my LA for a moment. I knew before the patch that I should check if thorns are dangerous but I forgot and then I almost got my lioneyes and kaoms to default from a relatively easy 68 map. Reflect is not even close of an issue to me as thorns are atm.
"
"
ighnaz wrote:
do you know how much attacks I do to a single target with 3.5 APS LA build? that's not even comparable.

Depending on pack positioning, density, etc, it varies a lot, but 3 times per attack isn't an unreasonable guess. That would put you comparable to my cleaver with multistrike.

I already do 3.5 attacks per second. Chain combined with lmp makes it possible to hit one target more than 10 times. Then you have the fact that LA hits up to 3 targets with EACH hit on a certain target. So rather than 3 times it is more like 30 or even higher. That's why it's not comparable. If I had an issue of having to deal with 3 thorns every second I would laugh that right off.. I wouldn't even need life on hit to solve that issue.
Last edited by ighnaz on Apr 13, 2013, 8:12:15 AM
After talking to some ppl I have realized that this might actually be a good change in regards to other ranged skills because they will not have that much of an issue with thorns so it may be good to switch to them. However LA I guess will become a skill with probably highest risk factor in the game.
"
ighnaz wrote:
"
"
ighnaz wrote:

I already do 3.5 attacks per second. Chain combined with lmp makes it possible to hit one target more than 10 times. Then you have the fact that LA hits up to 3 targets with EACH hit on a certain target. So rather than 3 times it is more like 30 or even higher. That's why it's not comparable. If I had an issue of having to deal with 3 thorns every second I would laugh that right off.. I wouldn't even need life on hit to solve that issue.

Lmp + chain = 9 arrows at most. So the best case scenario with lmp+chain is 9 hits on one target. 3 hits is a reasonable average.

Also, you could use your brain and use another skill, that is such a creative idea that only elite players can think of it...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Apr 13, 2013, 8:35:17 AM
Play FOTM > whine because its too hard.
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
You could always unlink your multi attack support gems or use a different skill if you know you're encountering lightning thorns.
"
zriL wrote:

Lmp + chain = 9 arrows at most. So the best case scenario with lmp+chain is 9 hits on one target. 3 hits is a reasonable average.

Also, you could use your brain and use another skill, that is such a creative idea that only elite players can think of it...

buddy I got plenty of characters with different skill combinations that most people dont even think are viable. No reason to bring my creativity into this.

Also you seem to have no clue how LA even works.

Furthermore, I was arguing the current usage of LA and was asking for feedback from other TOP players and you're obviously not one of them. It's irrelevant how this change affected the potential of other skills because that's NOT the point of discussion in the first place so before you try to talk all smart actually try to figure out what the discussion is about.
if you're playing a terrible spec you should be punished

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info