[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
SGBye wrote:
Do i get it right that in 3.23 we lost exposure? Can't see anywhere in links / gems.

Awakened cold pen on self-cast gives exposure for single target. We don't need exposure for cycloning.
I'm a casual player, but the transition from campaign to maps is very painful
I have overcap resists, 1k int, 3k ES and I still die several times for the map :(
almost thinking of changing the build .. should i hold on knowing it will get better?
what happend to whishpering ice the sheepest is 10 c now ?
How does this build handle those super tanky 2 / 3 x empowered mobs?
"
oupis wrote:
I have overcap resists, 1k int, 3k ES and I still die several times for the map :(
almost thinking of changing the build .. should i hold on knowing it will get better?

You're missing CWDT/Immortal call. That's a good chunk of defense. Also your ES is 2k per POB. These two are the problem. I'm at 1181 int and 4800 ES and I juice my maps with the little sprites and haven't died in 25 or so levels.

"
what happend to whishpering ice the sheepest is 10 c now ?

It's not -- you can get them for 1c. Now if you want an 18% 6S staff they are more expensive...

"
busi wrote:

Slow but steady and very tanky on our part. As always, dodge if it looks like the mob is winding up a big one. The build can do T16 maps easily at level 85 or so with really no more than a ~120c investment (half of that in my case spent on crafting.)

There's a ~50x damage increase coming for my level 80 char by the time I hit 95+, with more expensive but again, mostly self-crafted gear.

I 20q my staves, then use jewelers to 6S them. I buy ilvl 75-79 helms, and either hunter orb them or, later, start with deafening spites. I craft the amulet, initially 20qing an astramentis, and later messing with shaper/crusader. I craft the 2 rings from 6% synth rings. I craft the glove from fingerless silk base with dense fossils. I craft the chest from a synth Sadist Garb base. I craft the belt from a 13%+ belt and deafening spites. I corrupt gems for corrupted blood.

Huh. The only thing I don't craft are the boots, the flame jewels, the 2 large clusters, the 2 int/es unique jewels, the watcher's eye, and the single rare jewel.

Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 13, 2023, 2:38:49 AM
"
Graiaule wrote:

"
busi wrote:

Slow but steady and very tanky on our part. As always, dodge if it looks like the mob is winding up a big one. The build can do T16 maps easily at level 85 or so with really no more than a ~120c investment (half of that in my case spent on crafting.)

Nice guess i give it a go and see how it goes, can only be better than SRS xD
"
oupis wrote:

3k ES is very low. Buy a nice body armour with high stats and you should double that for a few chaos. 6-7k is what should be comfortable.
at what part of the gearing progress do you recommend swapping to the hatred/enlighten 4 setup? i'm working on my second ring and the helmet atm (going in gearing order of the main post) and would sacrifice culling strike and frostshield. i'd probably swap around the time crafting/buying my rare amulet, but don't know if i should swap my gems around earlier.
"
Mayami18 wrote:
at what part of the gearing progress do you recommend swapping to the hatred/enlighten 4 setup? i'm working on my second ring and the helmet atm (going in gearing order of the main post) and would sacrifice culling strike and frostshield. i'd probably swap around the time crafting/buying my rare amulet, but don't know if i should swap my gems around earlier.

You do not need Enlighten 4 to run Hatred and it's 18% more damage, plus powerful Watcher's Eye mods. It's absolutely worth switching as soon as you can afford Enlighten 3. The Sovereignty wheel + Enlighten 3 + Mana mastery is enough to run all auras with 100 mana left (on the high-end PoB). Enlighten 4 will give you the breathing room to never miss an Immortal Call because of the lack of mana, and you should absolutely buy it at the high-end of the build. However, in the meantime, I'd say that 20-25% more damage is worth it, considering the build is already super tanky.

We needed helm enchant or Enlighten 4 to run all auras before they brought back the mana mastery for reservation efficiency two leagues ago.
Just a thought - I've been in std, farming some labs for the new gems. I've replaced a couple from this build (sorry, I couldn't get the links in here):
Frostblink of Wintry Blast
Cold Snap of Power
Ball Lightning of Orbiting

So far, they seem to be working fine, and yielding a little more dps - though PoB hasn't yet gotten them into their system :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info