[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
weisenheimer wrote:
Just a thought - I've been in std, farming some labs for the new gems. I've replaced a couple from this build (sorry, I couldn't get the links in here):
Frostblink of Wintry Blast
Cold Snap of Power
Ball Lightning of Orbiting

So far, they seem to be working fine, and yielding a little more dps - though PoB hasn't yet gotten them into their system :(

My thoughts, without any testing, going from the wiki description.

Frostblink of Wintry Blast : we lose instant-cast, which makes it dead for this build. We use it while Cycloning, where instant means no Cyclone interruption, which is huge; and during boss fights, where we can name-lock the boss and hit the button to move without losing the lock. Plus, it removes chill, which is not great for defence. I don't think the extra base damage is worth it.

Cold Snap of Power : if I understand correctly, it loses chilled ground generation and frenzy charges generation. These are the two main reasons we're using it in the first place. I'm not sure how it would benefit us.

Ball Lightning of Orbiting : that could be very interesting. The wiki provides zero information. How far away from the character does it orbit? Does that scale with AOE? I'm worried that it would circle too close and hit less enemies, but it would also be far enough that it hits more. What does your testing yield?
I'm enjoying this build, but i think i need a bit of a guidance for upgrades, here's my pob link https://pobb.in/Ggie0SMBFo37. Everything is fine except for maybe a lack of damage sometimes, do i understand right that stacking 2k int is a mandatory for red maps and bosses? And getting int% rings and belt is a mandatory upgrade but before that i need to anoint charisma and add hatred?
I'm assuming Wave of Conviction and Cold Penetration don't stack, but we're not using Cold Pen with the Cyclone staff. So WoC would be good for trash killing, correct?
"
Graiaule wrote:
I'm assuming Wave of Conviction and Cold Penetration don't stack, but we're not using Cold Pen with the Cyclone staff. So WoC would be good for trash killing, correct?

I believe Kelvynn did not include exposure on Cyclone staff setup because we usually don't need it for thrash cleaning. With a substantial -res pool already included in the build and the option to switch to boss staff when you encounter a beefy rare and apply exposure that way, it does not seem worth it.

If you really wanted to include it, you'd probably want to use the Cold mastery instead of the complicated, multi-link WoC setup we used before we got that option.
"
Mayami18 wrote:
at what part of the gearing progress do you recommend swapping to the hatred/enlighten 4 setup? i'm working on my second ring and the helmet atm (going in gearing order of the main post) and would sacrifice culling strike and frostshield. i'd probably swap around the time crafting/buying my rare amulet, but don't know if i should swap my gems around earlier.

also found a solution for not loosing culling strike (i just like that QoL):

Item Class: Charms
Rarity: Magic
Slayer's Ursine Charm of the Inquisitor
--------
Item Level: 70
--------
+37 to Strength and Intelligence
Culling Strike
--------
Place into an allocated Charm Socket on the Wildwood Primalist Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------
Unmodifiable
"
WinterHiko wrote:

I believe Kelvynn did not include exposure on Cyclone staff setup because we usually don't need it for thrash cleaning. With a substantial -res pool already included in the build and the option to switch to boss staff when you encounter a beefy rare and apply exposure that way, it does not seem worth it.

If you really wanted to include it, you'd probably want to use the Cold mastery instead of the complicated, multi-link WoC setup we used before we got that option.

Well I'm still stuck at 5S until I get a third staff with 6S so I can burn another 300 chromatics trying to color it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "complicated WoC setup." I just added it to the end of my CWDT-IC-IncrDur. I didn't have anything else to put in there that seemed worthwhile!
Hi. the gear guide does not mention what Eldritch implicit modifier is BIS for the helm. Is it mentioned somewhere?
Last edited by ChaosDMG on Dec 13, 2023, 12:20:20 PM
"
ChaosDMG wrote:
Hi. the gear guide does not mention what Eldritch implicit modifier is BIS for the helm. Is it mentioned somewhere?

There is no BiS Eldritch in the Guide since you want to use Hunter influence helm for +10% Int.
I am in red tier maps but there are moments where some mobs take long to die or hit too hard. I am not sure what piece of equipment I should upgrade first, if someone could take a look at my gear and tell me, would be great.

OBS: I am using Primalist Tree with 2 charms that adds about 60 int total
"
seisansara wrote:
I am in red tier maps but there are moments where some mobs take long to die or hit too hard. I am not sure what piece of equipment I should upgrade first, if someone could take a look at my gear and tell me, would be great.

OBS: I am using Primalist Tree with 2 charms that adds about 60 int total

Check out the guide for the second (boss only) weapon. That's what I'm using for the harder mob encounters after killing the lesser monsters. Hope that will help you.

P.S. :"It's not related to your question, but I'd suggest to check the Immortal call links and compare the levels of the gems with the guide so you won't have mana issues at some point."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info