[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
There's one that has 5% cold penetration and item rarity

Won't work. I'm pretty sure it would be giving cold pen to Cyclone damage only and item rarity to mobs killed by Cyclone, which never happens.

From the wiki : "The stats from Tinctures are not local to the weapon, they are just restricted to only applying to weapon attacks."

If that's the case then the 5% cold pen would only work off of Cyclone too huh?
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
RaGe0uS wrote:
There's one that has 5% cold penetration and item rarity

Won't work. I'm pretty sure it would be giving cold pen to Cyclone damage only and item rarity to mobs killed by Cyclone, which never happens.

From the wiki : "The stats from Tinctures are not local to the weapon, they are just restricted to only applying to weapon attacks."

If that's the case then the 5% cold pen would only work off of Cyclone too huh?

Indeed, the tincture would only raise Cyclone's effective cold damage, which is this build's case, is zero.
What other Warden skills are you going to take after the Oath of the Maji?
What Wildwood ascendancy is good for mapping? I suppose we have to change from the Oath at some point.
I changed to the primalist ascendancy as soon as I hit maps because i got two charms with str&int-mod. Haven't unlocked the 3rd slot yet, but got 54 int from it atm and it can go all the way up to 120 int with 3 sockets. I also like the extra inventory part to store pre-rolled maps, heist quest contracts, currency for mapping (remnants, empty ritual vessels, scrolls etc.) was not keen to stay that socket-starved as with the oath after getting my basic gear up and running.

In the story i took the rare detector as second warden skill and some wisps-quant after getting my 5th and 6th point.
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
Body: "45+ Int, 300+ ES and 1200+ Evasion".
So, it has to be Int-Dex body armour.

On the other hand, it has to be colored as follows:
2 red, 4 blue and 0 (zero) green sockets.

It is very hard to color an (at least partly) dexterity based chest to have zero green sockets. Even harder to color a strength-NOTbased chest to have 2 red sockets. It is too costly. It is a chromatic-orb hog (sinker).

this league you can just start with a blank armour and the Mej Ascendancy and reach red maps for a 1 chaos investment.

just swap when you got a good armour later on. im at 8k ES with shitty gear. its ridicoulously easy to gear for maps right now. just focus on damage and farm the armor later.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Jhssutrx wrote:
Body: "45+ Int, 300+ ES and 1200+ Evasion".
So, it has to be Int-Dex body armour.

On the other hand, it has to be colored as follows:
2 red, 4 blue and 0 (zero) green sockets.

It is very hard to color an (at least partly) dexterity based chest to have zero green sockets. Even harder to color a strength-NOTbased chest to have 2 red sockets. It is too costly. It is a chromatic-orb hog (sinker).

Buy a fractured, five-links, six-socket armour with the right colors and craft from there. It's going to be much, much easier. Trying to color afterwards costs an average of 2000 Chromatics. You can also just buy a well-rolled armour with the right sockets and craft %attributes.

I think I wasn't all there when I wrote that (I may or may not have played 30 hours this weekend). The cost of coloring a Sadist Garb RRBBBB is 144 chromatic orbs, not 2000. that's about 45C right now. I wouldn't say it's prohibitively expensive.
I dont know how the start was for you guys, but my was hard.... i was slow all the way til maps t16... now things getting better now, but the buff applied to map from the new mechanic make the monsters to much harder to kill.

Other observation, i'm running a low life version to see how it goes... and for everyone thinking to try it, chaos damage kills 🤣 for now i dont recommend.

All the start and progression can be viewed at my twitch channel videos.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
I dont know how the start was for you guys, but my was hard.... i was slow all the way til maps t16... now things getting better now, but the buff applied to map from the new mechanic make the monsters to much harder to kill.

Other observation, i'm running a low life version to see how it goes... and for everyone thinking to try it, chaos damage kills 🤣 for now i dont recommend.

All the start and progression can be viewed at my twitch channel videos.

I have the same experience with the league mechanic. I ended up cleaning maps before I went in, so that nothing was buffed by the wisps, else I risked encountering too powerful mobs, especially since I was running Essence.

It feels like Delirium : you can use it when your content of choice has become super easy to make it more difficult, while getting more rewards. While leveling, though, it's going to slow progression way too much to be worth it, probably. Unless they nerf the mechanic again substantially.

Also, there's a truckload of heavy chaos damage in there, so that might make the issues with your low-life version even worse.
"
I dont know how the start was for you guys, but my was hard....

Mine was great - started Cold Dot Trickster, Vortex is fine as I assumed, at least for leaguestart-scenario. Pushed 90 completions in 14 hours, farmed low tier essence + beast and swapped in to Whispering Ice once I aquired the following gear:

1 div int + Eva Split Personality
3,5 div int + Eva Split Personality
6.3 div Enlighten 4 to run all auras
1 div ilvl 82 6% synth int ring
4 div ilvl 85 6% synth int ring

So basically 15.8 Div for swap, which is fine for stat-stacker classes.

I have a few problems with the build though: Maven was a PAIN in the ass with her permanent teleporting. Also I feel, especially for that investment, my damage feels kinda low. I can´t really pinpoint why though. Mind having a look at my profile and check if I missed something tremendously?

Also on the more general side: Why in the hell do we actually waste 5 links in the chest for that cwdt-curse setup? Like, when I killed maven for the voidstone she was 80% without curses because I dodge the biggest attacks. Why arent we using just simple arcanist brand setup and free 2 gem slots?
another special note related to Bonechill effect and damage boost.
When you apply bonechill while not using icestorm (using coldsnap, lets say a 18%) then when you use the icestorm and the chill changes to 20%, this means that other chill was applied then the bonechill lost its effect.
I think that pob do a miss calc here and shows a higher false damage.
If that is true, on our staffs we must link Elemental focus(so it wont replace the chill) or the Bonechill itself in order to optimize our damage.
I need to test thi theory. Later when i back from work will test it... or someone could test it before!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info