[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
droshi wrote:
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I play with the whispering ice for a long time, I can tell you:

Despite anyone here can say, the damage of this build is low, unless you have "expensive" gear or sacrifice defenses for damage going with critical or non block setup. People dont like to admit, but this is the truth!
You can play and do almost all the game content but uber pinnacle/30 similacrum with a medium budget.

But expect to use 50div+ total on gear if you want to this build be comprable to any meta builds.

Without good itens the damage feels really meh, especially using cast while channeling. The clear speed is miserable. This is the reason i dont play with block on endgame gear... I like to just zoom zoom maps, i hate when i have to do a second pass or go slow to kill a yellow mob... just one pass through must be enought to kill any white, blue or yellow mob...
My tip, more you craft for yourself, cheapest the build became if you do the right way.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Jan 30, 2023, 2:16:10 AM
"
droshi wrote:

There's a lot, but I just don't understand how you misunderstood the guide and crafted Aspect of the Crab.

For a simple guide, look at my char's gear and compare yours, slot for slot. My %int gear is self-crafted and at the cost of only a few divines.
"
droshi wrote:
I really want to like this build, I have good survivability, but the damage just seems so low. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, even with a lot more INT and levels and gem levels, I'd still only come in around 240k DPS in the hard cast setup.

The worst part for me feels like the int stacking, it's just much harder to come by gear not many people craft for others I suppose. I'm an idiot when it comes to crafting and from what it sounds like things are pretty difficult for several slots.

Even 1m dps would probably feel OK, but right now at 77 I'm at 170k hard cast and 62k CwC. I can clear red maps but it is rather meh even compared to a RF build.

AT 170k average hit on hard cast, each storm is doing roughly 1,3M. If you can keep two storms on target, you're dealing 2.6M. You're just starting out the build. At mid-range, you should get to twice that damage, which puts you at 3M for two storms, much more for 3-5.

For comparison, last I checked, Pohx's Inquisitor RF from last league topped at 3.5M DPS in his PoB.

This build is built out of small increments. They build off each other. Continue bringing in small upgrades. You're at level 77. It's natural that you're not deleting whole red maps. At 10-15div, you should be running through packs.

You do need some crafting to get the build to high-end, though, especially for the chest and helmet. Follow the guides on the first page, they're pretty complete.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
droshi wrote:

Despite anyone here can say, the damage of this build is low, unless you have "expensive" gear or sacrifice defenses for damage going with critical or non block setup. People dont like to admit, but this is the truth!
You can play and do almost all the game content but uber pinnacle/30 similacrum with a medium budget.

But expect to use 50div+ total on gear if you want to this build be comprable to any meta builds.

Without good itens the damage feels really meh, especially using cast while channeling. The clear speed is miserable. This is the reason i dont play with block on endgame gear... I like to just zoom zoom maps, i hate when i have to do a second pass or go slow to kill a yellow mob... just one pass through must be enought to kill any white, blue or yellow mob...
My tip, more you craft for yourself, cheapest the build became if you do the right way.

I feel like saying the damage is "low" because you're not one-shotting rares in maps while running at 150% movespeed is a bit misleading. There are very few builds that can do that and they are usually either very squishy or very expensive. Clearing Simulacrum 30 on a 15div budget is impressive. Unless you're aiming for Ubers, 50div is not necessary at all for the build to feel good.
"
There's a lot, but I just don't understand how you misunderstood the guide and crafted Aspect of the Crab.

Simple, I don't have the craft for it and I ran out of essences to keep crafting what I needed, I'll reroll the belt later was my plan. I'm not very good at making money so I only had ~2 div to put into the build for now to see if I liked it.

"
For a simple guide, look at my char's gear and compare yours, slot for slot. My %int gear is self-crafted and at the cost of only a few divines.

As mentioned, I'm not that good at crafting, but maybe you mean each piece is only a few divines? For me that's quite expensive. I had hoped for better damage at this level is all.

"
AT 170k average hit on hard cast, each storm is doing roughly 1,3M. If you can keep two storms on target, you're dealing 2.6M. You're just starting out the build. At mid-range, you should get to twice that damage, which puts you at 3M for two storms, much more for 3-5.

Maybe, but I'm just saying, it doesn't feel like as much damage, sometimes things overlap in POE and sometimes they don't. I can just set storms to 5 in POB and it does x5, but that isn't always correct. I was going by just feeling of playing over 15 builds this league spending on each around 1-5 divines and this one is by far the lowest damage feeling output.

"
I feel like saying the damage is "low" because you're not one-shotting rares in maps while running at 150% movespeed is a bit misleading. There are very few builds that can do that and they are usually either very squishy or very expensive. Clearing Simulacrum 30 on a 15div budget is impressive. Unless you're aiming for Ubers, 50div is not necessary at all for the build to feel good.

It's not about 1 shotting rares, I have to backtrack for blue packs, I have to stop for 5-10 seconds at least for most rares. Essences are hard but so far are doable which I'm happy with just not dying to them. Map bosses sometimes can be done CwC in a minute, sometimes I switch to hard cast.

I'm not hating on the build I'm just saying that damage feels low and that my POB even when I scale things up doesn't seem to get me to the numbers of the high budget even with similar final INT and full gem levels. I thought maybe there was something that really ups damage I could go for next, but at the moment just crafting a better belt doesn't seem like it would really do it.
"

Thanks, yeah when putting together pieces it does feel this way, if you really know your crafting it might be the build for you. It might just be the way coverage works on this skill, RF is pretty low AOE too but for whatever reason seems easier to map with.

Again love the safety here with over-leech and ES. I'm not expecting the 35m dps on my poison SRS, just hoping for like 1m.
"
droshi wrote:
Thanks, yeah when putting together pieces it does feel this way, if you really know your crafting it might be the build for you. It might just be the way coverage works on this skill, RF is pretty low AOE too but for whatever reason seems easier to map with.

Again love the safety here with over-leech and ES. I'm not expecting the 35m dps on my poison SRS, just hoping for like 1m.

int stacking builds usually don't come to life till you are in the mid-high 90's in level. this build is no exception till you get the int stacked and es high enough. then you will see that it goes from meh to damn i can tank that now lol

as for gear, just follow the craft guide in the 3rd post. take your time and get what you can because this late in the league, the prices of everything begins to go up unfortunately
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:

int stacking builds usually don't come to life till you are in the mid-high 90's in level. this build is no exception till you get the int stacked and es high enough. then you will see that it goes from meh to damn i can tank that now lol

as for gear, just follow the craft guide in the 3rd post. take your time and get what you can because this late in the league, the prices of everything begins to go up unfortunately

Thanks, yeah I'm mostly trying to see if I want to go something like this for next league start so just testing, it's not likely I'll get it perfectly built now. I have looked at the crafting post and yeah it's a little much on the RNG side, usually I'm better off buying most pieces as I end up very unlucky on crafting and burn all my currency.

I'm not expecting it to operate right now like I'm in my mid 90s, just that I had set POB up there and set my INT higher and gem levels and was a bit disappointed is all.
Hunter's slam on the helmet gave me Chilling Conflux suffix. Did I screw something up? Had an open suffix, 2 prefixes, master crafted the 3rd prefix, then slammed.
"
Lord_Bakaxan wrote:
Hunter's slam on the helmet gave me Chilling Conflux suffix. Did I screw something up? Had an open suffix, 2 prefixes, master crafted the 3rd prefix, then slammed.

ilvl must be 75-79 for only t1 or t2 %int slam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info