[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
haerbear wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
haerbear wrote:
I'm having a bit of problems with survivability, and am a little overwhelmed trying to figure it out. Could anybody help a brother out?

As I check your profile, you don't have a Guard skill in your CWDT 4-link.

You have two granite flasks. The second one doesn't stack.

You forgot to unalocate one strength node on the right side of the tree, it probably weakens your Split Personnality considerably.

Get a Watcher's eye. Interesting defensive variants are Max mana as ES while affected by Clarity (just put a lvl1 Clarity instead of a Portal in your Enlighten link) and ES on hit (I think it's Discipline?).

The rest is improving your ES and intelligence. More damage will also make you take less hits. Focus on those two stats.

Gotcha, thanks! I'm struggling with strength rn so I took the immortal call out (don't really have a lot of time to grind so just wanted to play), but unallocating, the flask and the watcher's eye helped a lot

Just put a level 1 in there and level it up until you can't anymore. Any level helps.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
haerbear wrote:

Gotcha, thanks! I'm struggling with strength rn so I took the immortal call out (don't really have a lot of time to grind so just wanted to play), but unallocating, the flask and the watcher's eye helped a lot

Just put a level 1 in there and level it up until you can't anymore. Any level helps.

I don't have enough strength to even equip lvl 1 IC lmao fml hahha
"
daflipp wrote:
"
milkytwix wrote:
I do not manage to add hatred - am I doing something wrong? Got enlighten lvl 4, 2621 int and 2500 mana, but I am miles apart from a 5th aura. What to do?

Charisma Annoint on Amulet and it should work.

I' with stupid. Again.
And again: THANKS!

One more stupid question: Opportunistic is currently too expensive for me, so I'll go with One Step Ahead as 5th I guess?
Last edited by milkytwix on Jan 28, 2023, 4:46:53 AM
"
milkytwix wrote:
One more stupid question: Opportunistic is currently too expensive for me, so I'll go with One Step Ahead as 5th I guess?

Read the Ascendancy section
"
haerbear wrote:
I'm having a bit of problems with survivability, and am a little overwhelmed trying to figure it out. Could anybody help a brother out?

- You took One Step Ahead instead of Heartstopper. But you are far away from being able to get away with it (or farming Uber Sirus, which is the reason to take it).

- Your helmet sucks. Make a new one, see the gearing guide.

- Your belt is weak, even the base is not the right implicit Int%. Buy a correct base, craft it properly with Str. See the guide.

- If you don't have enough Str to use IC then you shouldn't upgrade Astramentis until you do. Crafting a belt with Str should help.

- If you really need Str or Dex, take a node near Elemental Overload (instead of some minor damage buff like Block Mastery).

- That amulet has an open suffix. Can craft Aspect of the Spider there and aim for something extra on the belt (like Int + Str + resist).

- Your chest blows. Why would anybody bother to 6L and Crusader slam one with such terrible stats? Need to do a lot better. No point in getting all that Int if you have no ES and just die.

- You have no mana recoup. So even if you get IC working you'd be running out of mana in boss fights. Gotta either get a Watchers Eye with Clarity mana recoup, or craft it on rings, or get it on Mana Mastery.

- CwC lv 17 is bad. Scour 1 level off that.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 28, 2023, 8:01:36 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
milkytwix wrote:

Read the Ascendancy section

Does not help, because Ambush and Assasinate is half as expensive as Opportunistic - I will spare my money to go with Opportunistic.
MAybe my question should have been: What's the budget option for 5th ascendency?
"
milkytwix wrote:

MAybe my question should have been: What's the budget option for 5th ascendency?

Don't get the forbidden jewels -- that's the budget option. They're nice for more dps but you can clear bosses just fine without them. Spend the currency tweaking the rest of your gear.
Thanks for the guide, I'm currently leveling after having some success with crafting. Hoping I can get the resists in with the clusters I have, but will see.

Dense + Fundamental Fossils were great for the chest craft. I forgot to pay attention to the ilvl on helm so I ended up having to recraft it since the slam missed and hit minus chaos resistance, but it ended up turning out better. If only there were a resist. On my one ring, I really wish I had the cajones to annul the accuracy off and craft a resist. Turns out I do not.

Unavailable

This is the amulet I crafted. Before I get there, is it decent enough over astramentis? I think I'll have enough attributes based on my gear, but I tried 3 or 4 awakens and this is the best result I got.

I think there's another tier of global ES I'm missing, but maybe not. I'm at 114/115 and I don't think it's in Twilight Temple lol. :)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
You can see whether or not you're missing a crafting recipe at the bottom of the crafting panel.

Amulet looks nice!
I really want to like this build, I have good survivability, but the damage just seems so low. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, even with a lot more INT and levels and gem levels, I'd still only come in around 240k DPS in the hard cast setup.

The worst part for me feels like the int stacking, it's just much harder to come by gear not many people craft for others I suppose. I'm an idiot when it comes to crafting and from what it sounds like things are pretty difficult for several slots.

Even 1m dps would probably feel OK, but right now at 77 I'm at 170k hard cast and 62k CwC. I can clear red maps but it is rather meh even compared to a RF build.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info