[3.20] Cassie's ⚡ Galvanic Arc ⚡ Trickster/Inquisitor | 10-30m DPS | ALL CONTENT | Noob-Friendly

"
This build looks super on paper, but I find that even with Trickster's buffs and access to determination and a granite flask I was exploding far too often. It might just be the league mechanic being super rippy, It might be that the right side of the tree still needs some help. I was rather disappointed with Galvanic Field, it felt very clunky to use. If the field would snap to nearby targets when they became shocked we would be in business, but in its current state I did not find it particularly playable, and as such I'm hard rerolling to an Archmage Elementalist. I hope to return to this build when I can afford the 10-15ex budget version to give it another go, though.

I saw you gave up at level 57. This is an endgame build, I'll admit there are much stronger act 1-10 builds. You can level with Conduit+Storm Brand, or something like that, if you think it's more fun.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Last edited by Cassie322 on Aug 21, 2022, 10:57:29 PM
"
I saw you gave up at level 57. This is an endgame build, I'll admit there are much stronger act 1-10 builds. You can level with Conduit+Storm Brand, or something like that, if you think it's more fun.

Right, but as advertised it's a "Noob and Budget Friendly" build. My criticism is that it is not an entry level build and that is all. The build looks super good on paper and I probably gave up early, but I refuse to play skills that I cannot use during the leveling process, I hate having to just play storm brand to 85 then swap to my endgame skill.
Your PoB never said anything about not planning to use this skill to level, and if you yourself were able to then kudos for that! I have been miserable since league start personally.
Last edited by JustcallmeSoul on Aug 22, 2022, 12:37:50 AM
"
"

Right, but as advertised it's a "Noob and Budget Friendly" build. My criticism is that it is not an entry level build and that is all. The build looks super good on paper and I probably gave up early, but I refuse to play skills that I cannot use during the leveling process, I hate having to just play storm brand to 85 then swap to my endgame skill.
Your PoB never said anything about not planning to use this skill to level, and if you yourself were able to then kudos for that! I have been miserable since league start personally.

Yea, I leveled with Arc. It went fine, but the monsters were noticeably tougher with Archnem changes, and I got like 90% less useful drops. This is more of a systemic problem, less to do with this build specifically. Reddit is in a total uproar about the changes. The problem is more like the entire game isn't noob-friendly now, you need to expect deaths like Dark Souls.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
"
This build looks super on paper, but I find that even with Trickster's buffs and access to determination and a granite flask I was exploding far too often. It might just be the league mechanic being super rippy, It might be that the right side of the tree still needs some help. I was rather disappointed with Galvanic Field, it felt very clunky to use. If the field would snap to nearby targets when they became shocked we would be in business, but in its current state I did not find it particularly playable, and as such I'm hard rerolling to an Archmage Elementalist. I hope to return to this build when I can afford the 10-15ex budget version to give it another go, though.

I league started as Archmage Elementalist, with Lighting Conduit. It has been a rough league but the damage is there as Conduit is a little overpowered. I spent around 2 Divines before I could afford the mana cost of a 5 link Archmage which is around 22ex. A decent Foible is around 1.5 divines I got lucky and snatched one up when it was going for 50c. I cleared my first red map with Concentrated Effect which while increases the mana cost and reduces the area, does not boost the damage, so I was effectively a 4 link for most of the league.

The reason it is hard to sustain is self casting without echo or unleash and its really fast cast speed. I thought about trying with Stormbrand but testing it out, it felt off compared to casting in Orb of Storms to shock and Orb doesn't proc on Unleash or Echos only on the activation.

It is not a cheap build if 10ex is expensive. The none Archmage variant is a lot cheaper to get going. Also with unique changes this league they are a lot less common then before pushing up the expected price of a lot of builds.

Hey,

Started the league with this build, i had some hard times surviving from times to times, and i got to say that using [Storm Brand, Overcharge, Unbound Ailments] with main galvanic field was quite secure for bosses, as you can stay far away and you don't need to stand still as long as when you arc (even if that's not that long in the first place).

This combo let GF take full advantage of both constant 65% shocked, even on most unique mobs, and maximise the initial shock bonus to get the max bonus from GF when created. Plus it adds honnest damage.

I'll be curious to see if i can tweak this in a more efficient way around endgame.

Thanks Cassie for the build !
Last edited by valarhexile on Aug 22, 2022, 2:01:03 AM
Well, I really enjoyed playing with Arc skill and killing waves of enemies with one hit which was really satisfying, however its unbelievable squishy, everything two hits me, I found some currency and bought several budget uniques, but that didnt helped at all. I have managed to finish all 10 acts and died..... 227 times. Now in maps, instead of two hitting me, everything one hits me - so I guess this league is over for me :D
I have 4 div budget should I be fine to start this build?
Up to 87 tinkering with this setup. In my opinion Conduit is much better for bossing than galvanic. Galvanic is slow and has quite a wait time from my use. Also taking ghost reave is probably a bad take because it negates our recharge in our ascendancy which is completely broken. 50% chance to recharge es when spell is suppressed is gone if you take ghost reave. As well as some recharge rate on tree and on shavs. i found playing without ghost reave to be more safe.
"
EwalduxZ wrote:
Well, I really enjoyed playing with Arc skill and killing waves of enemies with one hit which was really satisfying, however its unbelievable squishy, everything two hits me, I found some currency and bought several budget uniques, but that didnt helped at all. I have managed to finish all 10 acts and died..... 227 times. Now in maps, instead of two hitting me, everything one hits me - so I guess this league is over for me :D

You could try having literally any of the defensive gems or items. Determination, CWDT molten shell, granite flask, the restless ward chest. You're also running ghostwrithe at high levels, chaos could one-shot you. (Update your POB, I noticed this and switched the extreme budget chest.)

"
dmoniak wrote:
I have 4 div budget should I be fine to start this build?

Absolutely. That would get you solidly into yellow maps at minimum. Prices will drop like a rock on build uniques, so waiting a few more days could be helpful if you already have something else working.

"
Jesixxxa wrote:
Up to 87 tinkering with this setup. In my opinion Conduit is much better for bossing than galvanic. Galvanic is slow and has quite a wait time from my use. Also taking ghost reave is probably a bad take because it negates our recharge in our ascendancy which is completely broken. 50% chance to recharge es when spell is suppressed is gone if you take ghost reave. As well as some recharge rate on tree and on shavs. i found playing without ghost reave to be more safe.

Ghost Reave/ES leech is for supporting Shimmeron, because Shimmeron is essentially going to disable your recharge most of the time anyway (degen on crit, can't recharge while degenning). It's also understandable that your Galvanic Field isn't doing much yet; this is primarily an Arc build, the field doesn't get good until you scale the damage for more consistent shocks. Galvanic Field is essentially meant to be a support link. That's really interesting though that you're having better results on Conduit 4L, I'm thinking this is probably because Galvanic scales only on the first Arc hit, but Conduit comes after and takes the 'best' shock of your four Unleash hits.
Last edited by Cassie322 on Aug 22, 2022, 10:25:08 AM
Thanks what should be my main option to buy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info