[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

"
_Elminister_ wrote:
Does Inspired Learning work when slotted in the guide? I never noticed any monster buffs. I don't think Fangs of the Viper notable is within the radius.

It doesnt work for you because you have only 3 notables allocated.
In the guide it was mentioned to get -7- -10 total cost of non channeling skills. Equipping one of these rings makes no difference really unless I'm missing something? I have no problems with vaal caustic arrow mana cost (lvl 28 currently) and withering step has almost no mana cost as well
removed a curse aura temporally to try these out :

Seems to do a good job. Would be better if i could activate defiance banner again
"
fievelgoespostal wrote:
Has anyone tried swapping out the Caustic Arrow setup for explody totems?

I swapped out CA single target with explodey totem and it is working very well. The only issue is mana/ES cost when constantly spamming traps (only a problem for pinnacle bossing). May switch over to Slavedrivers gloves to solve the issue.

It's my first time playing with this build and i have some issues with deaths, sometimes i take a HK from some monsters. Any tips for survivability ?
"
LordHikko wrote:
It's my first time playing with this build and i have some issues with deaths, sometimes i take a HK from some monsters. Any tips for survivability ?
same issues here, sadely not tanky build
Ok I replaced

With

I'm Getting some Qol/ tankiness against these damned crucible mobs now.

Trying some more variations on my own
Last edited by Thonyzuka on May 15, 2023, 9:05:19 AM
I officially name Death's Oath Occultist as the best PoE build I've ever played.
Thank you, Bergerbrush for this guide.

PoB: https://pobb.in/Lt683khyqPYU

Offensive highlights:
- 9.4m Vaal Caustic Arrow DoT pinnacle DPS (lvl 30 Vaal CA gem)
- 4m Caustic Arrow DoT pinnacle DPS
- 400k Death Aura DoT pinnacle DPS
- Profane Bloom explosions
- Asenath's Gentle Touch explosions
- enemies start with 9 withered debuffs (Anomalous Withering Touch)

Defensive highlights:
- 4.8k HP
-
-
- Elemental Ailment Immunity (Purity of Elements aura)
- Hexproof (Viridi's Veil)
- Damage of enemies hitting me is unlucky (Viridi's Veil)
- Take no extra damage from critical strikes (Viridi's Veil)
- Elementalist's Primal Aegis with 2625 HP (Forbidden Flesh/Flame)
- permanent 3 endurance charges (3x Grand Spectrum)
- CWDT+Immortal Call
- Temporal Chain + wither + hinder on enemies
- which is HUGE in maps with enemies starting with 9 debuffs already
- Nearby enemies deal 15% reduced DoT DPS (Withering Presence)
- Recover 100% life when I take a savage hit (Forbidden Taste)
- Elusive buff from Withering Touch in left mouse button
- Enemies are blinded near corpses I make (Asenath's Gentle Touch)
- 46% chance to avoid bleeding when fighting uniques (boots implicit)
- Ryslatha's pantheon autofills life flask and increases recovery so life flask heals me to 100% life when under 50% life

Mapping gameplay:
Map mods to avoid: no life/ES regen. I can literally run and not die in any other map and I have Wandering Path's
1) Open map, enter portal.
2) Press '1' for Quicksilver Flask and LMB (Withering Touch) to start moving with an initial speed of +132% Movement Speed.
3) Keep holding LMB to run, and loot what you need. Press '1' every 10 seconds.
4) Press RMB once when you find the boss.

My best atlas strategy with this:
Wandering Path + Shadow Shaping + Growing Hordes + Wrath of the Cosmos (red altar keystone).
Favourite all maps neighboring Toxic Sewer + Plateau and achieve this: , which you can lower after you have a comfortable map pool of these two maps because you'll also have duplication chance.
Small atlas passives: Alva mission chance, Kirac mission chance, item quantity. This leaves enough room for example for all Harvest small passives, or any mechanics with good small passives.
Then, I do this rotation:
1) Farming Toxic Sewer + Plateau with red altars
2) Speccing out Wandering Path, speccing Alva notables, run all red Alva maps
3) Run all Kirac missions

Also, in case it escapes someone's attention, there are nice bow crucible passives which are very nice for this build. The easiest to get is a +1 to socketed bow/dexterity gems passive, which you can craft cheaply in your bow, and gives +1 lvl to Caustic Arrow.

Footnote: the empty socket in the gloves in the PoB can hold either Enhance or Empower to boost Despair and Flame Dash, or, which I plan, a Dread/Defiance Banner which fits after getting a lvl4 Enlighten to the helmet.
Last edited by Eti88 on May 15, 2023, 11:55:49 AM
I find your approch interesting! I trying it!
"
Eti88 wrote:
I officially name Death's Oath Occultist as the best PoE build I've ever played.
Thank you, Bergerbrush for this guide.

PoB: https://pobb.in/Lt683khyqPYU

I have a question, what about if Death Aura use Herald of Ash, I see somebody use this gem, but where fire dmg for it ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info