[3.23 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Beginner Friendly Death's Oath Occultist

"
October83 wrote:
Many problems with the levelling guide, but the most important one :
- The PoB is not updated straight to the 3.21, it has to be updated into the PoB software.

Another thing i've found annoying is the author advices to level with PC.
Since the nerf in this league, it's not as appealing at all as it was in the past. Plus, the gems adviced do not overlap the build so, in mono/multi it's very weak and too many life flasks consumming.
For example, before 3.21 i levelled for fun a PC build in Standard league, inbetween the Sanctum and Crucible leagues. During the 3.20 patch, i destroyed the Act2 Boss, and yesterday it was close to be a tremendous disaster.

So, i strongly recommend to level with TR Ballistas. If you reroll just grab the good ol'fashion levelling items (the "-" means sockets linked) :
- Goldrim (1G-1G, 1R-1R),
- Tabula,
- Lochtonial (whatever you want, i have 1R and 1G unlinked),
- Wanderlul (whatever you want, i have 1B-1G, 1R-1R)
- Hyrri's Bite,
- Le Heup,
- Karui Ward (or Ignomon if you want some chunks of eva and inc rarity of items found, and some fire res)
- And of course : Quill rain (3G-1B),

And go blast the über annoying 10 acts.

PoB : https://pastebin.com/Jq5A5h37
It's the Ziz PoB by the way

I would have loved to know that from start, they ruined my lvl with that nerf. But nvm, i'm still stuck with 2 void stones (50% atlas lol).

I'm still wondering what could be the most important part of dps...? in gears or tree. Because rn i'm starting to think it is a 10 divs bow and 15 divs of awak gems. (at least to starting dreaming of getting maven)

Too bad we can't get this chaos modifier with "#% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Chaos Damage'
Looks fun and without much effort, will give it a go
Is enfeeble also a good alternative to temporal chain?
"
Thonyzuka wrote:
"
October83 wrote:
Many problems with the levelling guide, but the most important one :
- The PoB is not updated straight to the 3.21, it has to be updated into the PoB software.

Another thing i've found annoying is the author advices to level with PC.
Since the nerf in this league, it's not as appealing at all as it was in the past. Plus, the gems adviced do not overlap the build so, in mono/multi it's very weak and too many life flasks consumming.
For example, before 3.21 i levelled for fun a PC build in Standard league, inbetween the Sanctum and Crucible leagues. During the 3.20 patch, i destroyed the Act2 Boss, and yesterday it was close to be a tremendous disaster.

So, i strongly recommend to level with TR Ballistas. If you reroll just grab the good ol'fashion levelling items (the "-" means sockets linked) :
- Goldrim (1G-1G, 1R-1R),
- Tabula,
- Lochtonial (whatever you want, i have 1R and 1G unlinked),
- Wanderlul (whatever you want, i have 1B-1G, 1R-1R)
- Hyrri's Bite,
- Le Heup,
- Karui Ward (or Ignomon if you want some chunks of eva and inc rarity of items found, and some fire res)
- And of course : Quill rain (3G-1B),

I would have loved to know that from start, they ruined my lvl with that nerf. But nvm, i'm still stuck with 2 void stones (50% atlas lol).

I'm still wondering what could be the most important part of dps...? in gears or tree. Because rn i'm starting to think it is a 10 divs bow and 15 divs of awak gems. (at least to starting dreaming of getting maven)

Iirc I played deep into yellow maps with PC... It's not broken af anymore but it's far, far away from being bad.
It's just not hilariously broken like the Ballistas.

But it would have helped me too... I actually found a Quill Rain i never used in Act 1 ^^.
"
October83 wrote:

Are you sure this POB is correct? It levels with PCOC, not toxic rain ballista.
I'm pretty deep into mid/endgame mapping (consistently running T14-16s) and am looking to craft my bow, I was curious what crucible passive tree perks you'd prefer?

+1 to level to socketed dex gems
or
+48% chaos damage over time

I'm not very familiar with using PoB so I haven't had any luck trying to create the items and get a mix/max out of it.

There also a choice of 20% increased effect of withered but I don't think that's THAT good.

I'm also looking at bows with the node attacks with this weapon penetrate 8% chaos resistance, will that work with our Caustic arrow DoT?

Are there any other bow passives you'd recommend I look for?

Sorry I'm pretty new to PoE Thanks so much for you guide!

EDIT: Since I'm here, what kind of catalyst should we be using on our Impresence, chaos damage, attributes, or resistance?
Last edited by mabbrus on Apr 21, 2023, 3:31:01 PM
"
mabbrus wrote:
I'm pretty deep into mid/endgame mapping (consistently running T14-16s) and am looking to craft my bow, I was curious what crucible passive tree perks you'd prefer?

or

I'm not very familiar with using PoB so I haven't had any luck trying to create the items and get a mix/max out of it.

There also a choice of 20% increased effect of withered but I don't think that's THAT good.

I'm also looking at bows with the node attacks with this weapon penetrate 8% chaos resistance, will that work with our Caustic arrow DoT?

EDIT: Since I'm here, what kind of catalyst should we be using on our Impresence, chaos damage, attributes, or resistance?

Catalysts seems to be +1 frenzy or power charge

For info, since i'm bored af, i'm trying triple curses aura, and I choose Punishment..... Seems to add a good layer of defence/attack (usefull especially since i temporally removed determination for testing)
"
mabbrus wrote:

or

Catalysts seems to be +1 frenzy or power charge

For info, since i'm bored af, i'm trying triple curses aura, and I choose Punishment..... Seems to add a good layer of defence/attack (usefull especially since i temporally removed determination for testing)

EDIT : Now trying with 7 auras (3 curses included : Enfeeble, punichment and depair.) I'm wondering if I wont replace punichment with temporal chain.
Last edited by Thonyzuka on Apr 22, 2023, 12:46:27 PM
Replaced punichment by temporal chain in wait for clear answer regarding it real effects on this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info