Lake of Kalandra seems pretty underwhelming.

Running Abyss, Blight and other earlier League mechanics as main League mechanic and that's about it? Seriously?

That mechanic where you can put your own ring or amulet to gamble on it's properties requires already decent item, otherwise it's not worth it, but it's still a gamble and you can lose it so basically it's only for rich people or yolo people. Most people are better off selling it on TFT.

Whole landscape with tiles looks so uninspired as well. It just looks generic, like simumated reality - something related to virtual reality / computer generation / high tech stuff, not Kalandra related at all. Where are mirrors? Fractions? Distortions? Reflections?

Not gonna lie in just a couple of minutes I came up with more fitting visuals for a League than whole GGG team came up with in months. ._.

I think only Sentinel excited me less as League mechanic, but it blew expectations out of the water and turned out amazing. I don't see how fighting old League mechanics might surprise me in a good way.

Combine that with new "Exalts" (now Divines) being likely much more expensive than Exalts ever were and getting good rolled unique items being pain in the ass leaves me only excited for fresh economy, some reworked uniques and builds I didn't played yet. That's about it.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 12, 2022, 6:21:28 AM
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2022, 4:54:07 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I took a look this morning and it felt pretty lack luster and more of a filler.

I am not hyped but in hindsight think that it may be better this way.

Some previous leagues I was super hyped and left disappointed. I am hoping that this time my lack of hype extends into an enjoyable season for the few weeks that I tend to play these days.

It is probably that fac that I have been around for so long that I need something new entirely from PoE
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
underwheling? not at all it looks FREAKING amazing
It looks like a better gameplay version of Synthesis to me, we make a path out of pieces and try and get some sweet scooping layout.

If the rewards are good it'll be pretty fun I really like choose your own adventure type content where I can deliberately play like a moron.
Depth wise it's surely not on par with Heist or Delve, but it's still more compared to the leagues we had after Expedition. I'm definitely excited. I hope that I will have some time to play since September will be pretty intense for me.
i kind of like it.

less useless uniques.
rares drop better loot.
random rares that can have huge rolls/ sacrifice decent items that can become better than u currently wear.
potential +4 skill gems on amulet is pretty nutty. not that i will get that but +2 skill gems is much easier to get this league.
atlas memories seem pretty fun and good to run.
lightning conduit could be fun to play with.

and the mirrored tablet mechanic could potentially pretty fun.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Ziiyo wrote:
I took a look this morning and it felt pretty lack luster and more of a filler.

I am not hyped but in hindsight think that it may be better this way.

Some previous leagues I was super hyped and left disappointed. I am hoping that this time my lack of hype extends into an enjoyable season for the few weeks that I tend to play these days.

It is probably that fac that I have been around for so long that I need something new entirely from PoE

Agree. I don't want much new. Just not something LoK seems to bring - i.e. old leagues.

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
underwheling? not at all it looks FREAKING amazing

What looks "FREAKING amazing" for you though?

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
It looks like a better gameplay version of Synthesis to me, we make a path out of pieces and try and get some sweet scooping layout.

If the rewards are good it'll be pretty fun I really like choose your own adventure type content where I can deliberately play like a moron.

I don't wanna fight old League mechanics as main League mechanic though. Also doubt it's gonne be worth rewards-wise. For example Harbinger is just whatever now, even full juice with Atlas passive. Sextnats and Scarabs.
everything about it looks amazing the environment the music the rewards cant complain about anything in league mechanic
"
esostaks wrote:
Depth wise it's surely not on par with Heist or Delve, but it's still more compared to the leagues we had after Expedition. I'm definitely excited. I hope that I will have some time to play since September will be pretty intense for me.

I am cautious about Tablet mechanic, because:
1. Again, old League mechanics = boring and some I just can't stand (a lot of them actually).
2. Rewards are questionable. For example even full juice Harbinger is whatever now. How LoK can make it better?
3. You are building chain of different blocks and I think some will have ridiculous mods and brick your runs lol. But you would still want them for a reward. I am cautious about building a good one and unable to finish it.

"
satanttin wrote:
i kind of like it.

less useless uniques.
rares drop better loot.
random rares that can have huge rolls/ sacrifice decent items that can become better than u currently wear.
potential +4 skill gems on amulet is pretty nutty. not that i will get that but +2 skill gems is much easier to get this league.
atlas memories seem pretty fun and good to run.
lightning conduit could be fun to play with.

and the mirrored tablet mechanic could potentially pretty fun.

Seems like you mostly excited for new things, not League mechanic itself.

I am cautious about Atlas memories. Doubt they will be worth the time.
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
everything about it looks amazing the environment the music the rewards cant complain about anything in league mechanic

What is amazing about fighting random old League mechancis? Do you like every League mechanics and find them all super rewarding? I doubt it.

Or about uninspired visuals? That's taste thing but still it doesn't reflect (hehe) League's theme at all and doesn't fit.

Are you still having PoE music on for music to matter? O_o

Rewards were not shown yet, but doubt they are notable.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 12, 2022, 6:48:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info