Lake of Kalandra seems pretty underwhelming.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
esostaks wrote:
Depth wise it's surely not on par with Heist or Delve, but it's still more compared to the leagues we had after Expedition. I'm definitely excited. I hope that I will have some time to play since September will be pretty intense for me.

I am cautious about Tablet mechanic, because:
1. Again, old League mechanics = boring and some I just can't stand (a lot of them actually).
2. Rewards are questionable. For example even full juice Harbinger is whatever now. How LoK can make it better?
3. You are building chain of different blocks and I think some will have ridiculous mods and brick your runs lol. But you would still want them for a reward. I am cautious about building a good one and unable to finish it.

"
satanttin wrote:
i kind of like it.

less useless uniques.
rares drop better loot.
random rares that can have huge rolls/ sacrifice decent items that can become better than u currently wear.
potential +4 skill gems on amulet is pretty nutty. not that i will get that but +2 skill gems is much easier to get this league.
atlas memories seem pretty fun and good to run.
lightning conduit could be fun to play with.

and the mirrored tablet mechanic could potentially pretty fun.

Seems like you mostly excited for new things, not League mechanic itself.

I am cautious about Atlas memories. Doubt they will be worth the time.
among other things yes. either way i think the league mechanic will be fun to do not sure how rewarding it will be though but that doesn't really matter much if it's fun to do. bet it will be better than just mapping in general so to me that will be fine.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
What I find amazing is the overall mood, style, and theme of the league.

From mechanics, the memories of NPCs are the #1 motivation to play the league, because I really like the game's lore, so I want to learn more of it.

Also, I miss scourge demons, so getting them back through beyond is great. Tainted fusings probably won't be what they used to be but hey, maybe they aren't nerfed all that badly.

And finally, I feel like the game has more than enough league mechanics already, so upgrading the existing one's rather than piling new ones on top of them feels like the correct direction.
"
satanttin wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
esostaks wrote:
Depth wise it's surely not on par with Heist or Delve, but it's still more compared to the leagues we had after Expedition. I'm definitely excited. I hope that I will have some time to play since September will be pretty intense for me.

I am cautious about Tablet mechanic, because:
1. Again, old League mechanics = boring and some I just can't stand (a lot of them actually).
2. Rewards are questionable. For example even full juice Harbinger is whatever now. How LoK can make it better?
3. You are building chain of different blocks and I think some will have ridiculous mods and brick your runs lol. But you would still want them for a reward. I am cautious about building a good one and unable to finish it.

"
satanttin wrote:
i kind of like it.

less useless uniques.
rares drop better loot.
random rares that can have huge rolls/ sacrifice decent items that can become better than u currently wear.
potential +4 skill gems on amulet is pretty nutty. not that i will get that but +2 skill gems is much easier to get this league.
atlas memories seem pretty fun and good to run.
lightning conduit could be fun to play with.

and the mirrored tablet mechanic could potentially pretty fun.

Seems like you mostly excited for new things, not League mechanic itself.

I am cautious about Atlas memories. Doubt they will be worth the time.
among other things yes. either way i think the league mechanic will be fun to do not sure how rewarding it will be though but that doesn't really matter much if it's fun to do. bet it will be better than just mapping in general so to me that will be fine.

Can we rotate tablets btw or they can be connected in any order?
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
everything about it looks amazing the environment the music the rewards cant complain about anything in league mechanic

What is amazing about fighting random old League mechancis? Do you like every League mechanics and find them all super rewarding? I doubt it.

Or about uninspired visuals? That's taste thing but still it doesn't reflect (hehe) League's theme at all and doesn't fit.

Are you still having PoE music on for music to matter? O_o

Rewards were not shown yet, but doubt they are notable.

what are you talking about???? rewards were literally shown on the stream??? did you even watch it... and i dont need to repeat myself again i told you already what i think is amazing about it the fun thing is subjective
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Aug 12, 2022, 6:50:14 AM
"
Xyel wrote:
What I find amazing is the overall mood, style, and theme of the league.

From mechanics, the memories of NPCs are the #1 motivation to play the league, because I really like the game's lore, so I want to learn more of it.

Also, I miss scourge demons, so getting them back through beyond is great. Tainted fusings probably won't be what they used to be but hey, maybe they aren't nerfed all that badly.

And finally, I feel like the game has more than enough league mechanics already, so upgrading the existing one's rather than piling new ones on top of them feels like the correct direction.

Tainted Fusings will change the game for corrupted items for sure.

Vice versa I want completely new League mechanic. Also they don't have to go core.

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
everything about it looks amazing the environment the music the rewards cant complain about anything in league mechanic

What is amazing about fighting random old League mechancis? Do you like every League mechanics and find them all super rewarding? I doubt it.

Or about uninspired visuals? That's taste thing but still it doesn't reflect (hehe) League's theme at all and doesn't fit.

Are you still having PoE music on for music to matter? O_o

Rewards were not shown yet, but doubt they are notable.

what are you talking about???? rewards were literally shown on the stream??? did you even watch it... and i dont need to repeat myself again i told you already what i think is amazing about it the fun thing is subjective

https://i.imgur.com/cdz5mst.png sure gets me excited for next League! They also show couple Essences and random rare items. They also show new "crafting" mechanic which will return garbage items 99% of the times.

Wait, do you seriously expect everyone to put insane items in that special window and have all the mods doubled in vallue and these are rewards you are talking about?...

You made me waste my time to check video again just in case I missed anything and turns out I didn't. ._.

Again, what rewards you are talking about?

I am asking why do you think it's amazing and fun. I explained why I think it's underwhelming. It's not that hard.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Aug 12, 2022, 7:08:58 AM
Minion Builds : nerfed into the ground
Uniques: slightly buffed (maybe) but drop rate nerfed significantly
Harvest: completely changed
Old leagues dredged up and rehashed

This is clearly a garbage league.

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
It looks like a better gameplay version of Synthesis to me, we make a path out of pieces and try and get some sweet scooping layout.

If the rewards are good it'll be pretty fun I really like choose your own adventure type content where I can deliberately play like a moron.

+1
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

I am asking why do you think it's amazing and fun. I explained why I think it's underwhelming. It's not that hard.

i literally explained you in the first post why i think its amazing if you actually bothered to read...
As a SSF player, this league as well as the core game changes look super exciting.

Between Atlas memories (which simulate a random buffed atlas passive tree) and the agency players have into composing their tablets in Lake of Kalandra (choosing the content to juice by placing it in high difficulty tiles), it really looks like we have more options to get juicy rewards from leagues we did not spec our atlas tree in.

I believe this will spare SSF players a LOT of respeccing.

On a plus note:
- Target farming of specific lifeforces in Harvest to farm one specific horticrafting option
- Rare mobs made rare with better loot and scaling with IR/IQ, magic mobs leaving less DoT on the ground
- Scourge and tainted currencies
- Trickster looks sick
- New build enabled by unique changes, no more fated uniques
- New nodes that give 100% increased chance to encounter the master of our choice should a master mission spawn in maps

On a minus note:
- No more 6-link to divine
- Divine are the metacrafting currency (huge impact on SSF crafting)

To me the plus outweigh the minus, therefore I am eagerly looking forward to playing this league.
This was a personal and SSF take, you guys might want to disagree and I respect that.
My thoughts.

1. Harvest changes are huge. Long overdue change and should make it more tolerable.
2. Ignoring melee problems is not a good look.
3. The large borrowed power approach to melee has always been its largest problem as other builds have easier time entering maps. Especially yellow/red maps. This direction is only going to make that more frustrating.
4. The currency change between divines and exalts is big but to me a 1-2 week player isn't important.

The game will continue to have a no-lifer feeling that puts me off and nothing has been done to address the things I care about. Namely better melee, PvP, less grindy experience. It is a game I enjoy once in awhile but not to the degree I'm willing to play it predominately over other games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info