Content Update 3.19.0 -- Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
zinzendorf wrote:
It's interesting to see if the price of divine orb rises to same level where exalt is currently or if it settle under that.. Hopefully it will not go over it. We will se it soon.

It already did, shortly after patch notes reveal :)

If you check standard market, divine equals ex and chase items like MB are all gradually shifting to divines. Reversing this trend would take nothing short of a miracle, for example GGG announcing the addition of divine shards or new divine cards at 3.19 release.

If they aimed to make high end currency more available to casuals, it won't work in current state because we now have new high end currency.
The divine/Exalt change is the possibly the worst move GGG you have ever made.. SMH
"
zinzendorf wrote:
It's interesting to see if the price of divine orb rises to same level where exalt is currently or if it settle under that.. Hopefully it will not go over it. We will se it soon.

Divines are gonna be WELL over 200c by week 2
RIP Swift Killer. :(

It's totally useless now.
Last edited by Obright on Aug 13, 2022, 2:28:24 PM
GGG likes to pretend how they don't care about trading in general and Standard trading in particular, and how their changes were only aimed at fresh start progression in league (want to make finding uniques more meaningful event and so), yet the self-built trading economy would overrun their plans for divine orb's "intended" use anyway.

I just hope that Harvest and AN changes are constructive this time.
worst game
"
zinzendorf wrote:
You are on point that we should get some other way to farm divines now that vendor recipe is removed and divines are already used for crafting. My point was bit narrow in that perspective.

I think that GGG tried to lower price of high end currency(exalt before) and make them more available for casual players. You still need exalts for crafting but not that many anymore. It's interesting to see if the price of divine orb rises to same level where exalt is currently or if it settle under that.. Hopefully it will not go over it. We will se it soon.

Oh boy, you're in for a big shock then.
Let's imagine you have hundreds of exalts, what can you use them for except for crafting? Nothing. Now imagine you have hundreds of divines. What can you do with them? The answer is - reroll expensive uniques to make them even more expensive. That's because Divine orbs work on Unique items but Exalted orbs don't.
And this is what rich people will do - they'll use Divines to reroll Unique items, increasing Divine orb demand even further.
The price gap between low rolled Ashes of Stars and perfect one was around 10 ex, now perfect ones will be going for few times more than low rolled.
Perfect Medium ring Thread of Hope was probably 1-2ex, now they will be much more expensive.
You can take Tempering orb as example. Tempering orb can be used on the same item many times and you can only get them from heist - so they always were like 5-6 exalts. Expect something similar with Divine orbs.
Logged in today and for some reason everyone wanted to buy my Tabula Rasa's in a mad rush.

Then I go check patch notes to realize I just sold the equivalent of 5 divine orbs for a total of 166 chaos.

Ah great, so I just got fleeced out of hundreds of chaos because I didn't read the patch notes and wasn't aware of this.

It's disappointing that the exalts I've stockpiled as a casual player are basically losing 80% of their value. That means 80% of my in game stockpiled wealth was essentially just deleted.

As a casual player working my way up to 25 exalts was rewarding.

But, all is well. Unfortunately, for that to be the case, I'll just need to fleece some other players in turn in the way I was fleeced. Actually, this is a golden opportunity to get tons of currency just for reading the patch notes before other traders who are in the dark. See what terrible dynamics this kind of change creates? Ugh. In just a few hours, even after my initial losses of a few hundred chaos, I ended up with well over 2,000 chaos profit.

When the patch is released on the 19th, the value of divine orbs is probably going to go from 100 to 200 and that'll be essentially 4,000 chaos profit.

Thankfully, I sold all my exalts for 50 chaos each and only lost 50% of their value. Once 3.19 hits on the 19th, the value of exalts will likely drop to 20 chaos.

More issues that wouldn't exist if there was an auction house. Players are logging on with their trade tabs published from prices they set up months or years ago and are getting bombarded with buy requests. Until they pick up on the fact that something is wrong, they'll complete transactions they believe are profitable but are actually a loss of approximately 80 chaos as of today, or essentially a loss of 180 if you take into consideration what the prices will be on the 19th when the 6L vendor recipe is changed to give 20 fusing instead of a divine.

I was recently trying to get back in this game more and was frustrated by the lack of a real auction house, so I went to search for threads about that topic to chime in and came across the Trade Manifesto.

After reading that and seeing this, I have a strong feeling GGG hates the in game economy and is doing everything they can to destroy it. It's really a bummer to see this.
Last edited by Scriplin on Aug 14, 2022, 10:45:12 AM
Bye bye new players.
I my self am a semi casual player. Times that I have used a Divine Orb for rerolling stats in gear is like 1-5 times in 5 last leagues. So for me those divine orb are just sitting there in my stash doing nothing.

Most of the times I'm happy to items what I got from looting or trading from other players for chaos orbs or exalts so I'm not the one min maxing my gear to it's final form. In the future I don't think that this is going to change much. Now at least I have trading currency and some exalts that I can smash to my rare item in hope for some decent mod.

I get it that some of us have different point of view in this but this is mine as semi casual pleyer who plays 3-4 week from the league start. Hope that my "useless" orbs lower the price :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info