Content Update 3.19.0 -- Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

GG
A meme is a terrible thing to waste.
BTW, will you be doing something about the "Brother's Stash" card?

Apparently the person who designed the card made it as a tribute to his dead brother, and you've devalued that tribute with this change. That's the sort of thing that happens when you mess with stuff like this. You considered that when you decided on the change, right?

Quote from 2 years ago by pathofdumbasses:

"So I created the card. I turned my brother onto this game and we both love it. We would always play league starts together with a couple other people but it was primarily a me and him thing. So when my brother passed away last year at the age of 30 due to a very freak set of circumstances it took a very big toll on me. No foul play etc. just really out of no where. Anyway. I took some time off from work which ended up in me quitting my job and taking some time. Was about to get back into working when COVID came in and (redacted) that all up. I found out I was set to get a bit of cash from his life insurance and a few other things that helped tide me over financially but obviously... I would rather have my brother back. So I wanted to memorialize him in the game. He (redacted) loved when exalts dropped and we would always had a big "fight" about who would get more during the league so I knew it wanted to be an exalt related card. Settled on the #5 for personal reasons. His name was Justin so I wanted that in the words and GGG even went above and beyond and put it on the grave stone."
GGG will probably fix it since they said that divcards are a way of funding the game when in past leagues they were asked to delete some of them and surely dont want to discourage people to keep doing this. But, If I take in consideration all the background of the story about th card I dont know if changing 5 ex for 5 divines will be solution since Exalted in the game as the Headhunter is not only just a currency or an item but it is something iconic that for the moment divines are not. In other words, what the author tried to inmortalize in the card was an emotion regarding how his brother felt about exalts itself and I dont know if that can be really fixed.
Last edited by Raven181289 on Aug 13, 2022, 1:08:38 AM
Really looking forward to this new update and league. Cheers.
I would look at the exact state of new harvest and AN before jumping to conclusions. If they had actually reduced visual clusterfuck and improved average loot, net worth of the patch will be positive. Sure, people who hoarded ex are hurt, yet result of wealth is measured not in currency, but in what you can craft with it. If they keep ability to reroll rares with harvest, demand for div orbs should be manageble.
Add to patch notes which harvest mods will be reworked/removed
"
Andvareel wrote:

Apparently the person who designed the card made it as a tribute to his dead brother, and you've devalued that tribute with this change. That's the sort of thing that happens when you mess with stuff like this. You considered that when you decided on the change, right?

"So I created the card. I turned my brother onto this game and we both love it. We would always play league starts together with a couple other people but it was primarily a me and him thing. So when my brother passed away last year at the age of 30 due to a very freak set of circumstances it took a very big toll on me. No foul play etc. just really out of no where. Anyway. I took some time off from work which ended up in me quitting my job and taking some time. Was about to get back into working when COVID came in and (redacted) that all up. I found out I was set to get a bit of cash from his life insurance and a few other things that helped tide me over financially but obviously... I would rather have my brother back. So I wanted to memorialize him in the game. He (redacted) loved when exalts dropped and we would always had a big "fight" about who would get more during the league so I knew it wanted to be an exalt related card. Settled on the #5 for personal reasons. His name was Justin so I wanted that in the words and GGG even went above and beyond and put it on the grave stone."

I wouldn't say devalued since he made the card because they loved when they dropped. It wasn't, in my eyes, the value that mattered but the rarity and as we learned divine orbs and exalts share the same drop rate. So in conclusion i don't see how GGG has to act on that in any way tbh.
"
Andvareel wrote:

First let me say that putting the card in the game was a lovely tribute. That's badass!
But having this card in the game shouldn't hamstring GGG's control or decision making about their game (as I'm sure their disclaimer would say for players who purchased the 'design a div card' service).
The card remains in the game and while its in-game value might be somewhat diminished for now, I'd like to think its value to [Removed by Support] is as high as ever.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Last edited by Whai_GGG on Aug 13, 2022, 3:41:26 AM
Are you guys serious about The Emperor's Vigilance Unique Shield change ? 1000% is going to be some serious numbers on that, the best damage shields for shield throw go to like 1400 evasion and close to 400 energy shield
I LOVE THIS GAME, POE IS AMAZING, LOVE GGG, FANTASTIC UPDATES AS ALWAYS, 10/10 GAME, FUN, BEST GAME EVER, POE2 WILL FIX EVERYTHING IN LIFE

I think I've said enough, can I get maybe a tabula from hillock next league...?
when new Atlas Tree? wanna see new Atlas Tree faster...
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info