Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

After two leagues with #NoChanges, I was really hoping for something exciting.
But this was decidedly disappointing, I really wanted some melee love.

Guess Patch notes might have something, or maybe some new skills in the Reveal?

I really want something new, or old made decent to get me excited to play again.

I'm also really curious as to how the f, you came to the conclusion, that Juggernaut needed such heavy handed nerfs?
Last edited by Snowflakesz on Aug 2, 2022, 8:09:12 PM
no melee buffs? damn i NEED those buffs to finally play the game and have its impossible when i need to hit every enemy more than once, so bs. not gonna bother with living anymore i am ending here right now bye
Hope to see our melee builds back in the game. good bye CoD and Wardloop buids.
wtf did ppl think at ggg office about that "skill buffs" +2 radius to cleave. you could have given cleave 80% more damage and corpse explode and it would still not be a good melee skill.
This might be my first league i will totaly skip there is nothing i look forward too, even if your league is intresting i dont wanna play the same build i played again or a build where everything is known bevore i start it.

I find the manifesto change globally disapointing:

1) Change to defense are unimpressive at best:
- suppression nerf is not what was needed : a decrease from 50% spell damage reduction to 35% would have been a lot better
- Arrow dancing and wing dancer will still be terrible keystone
- no change for mana build : seriously !!!?

2) Ascendency change to Necromancer ascendency : seriosly who will use ascendecy for unholy might ? Dumb change

3) Most DUMB change of the manifesto for me:

"
Problem: The line of flask modifiers that grant flask charges when you are hit by an enemy make it too easy to keep your flasks active permanently for most non-boss content.
Solution: Lower the values of flask modifiers that grant charges when you are hit by an enemy.

There is a reason everybody (almost) use this modifier in association with "used when full": QUALITY OF LIFE. Gutting this modifier will just make the game worse for everybody.
Please don't kill a thing that make the game better for everybody.

4) Other changes seems OK but 90% of buff are disappointing.

The best part of this game is the experimentation with the huge variety of skills available. My mind is racing over that Soulrend note, cat MTX viable again?!

Thanks team, hoping to see some new skill gems in the patch notes!
wow this mana nerf... so seems like i cant put some defence auras on now. Time for full DPS and cast on death portal... seriously this is so stupid
With all the Minion changes I was SHOCKED to not see Dancing Dervish changes listed. This is a Item I REALLY want to make a Build that can do end game bosses and was hoping with the minion changes would be updated to actually work without having to have 2-3 Jars
Scorching Ray now deals 13.4 Base Fire Damage per second at gem level 1 (previously 12.8), up to 780.7 at gem level 20 (previously 696.3).

Meta shaken
If you didn't beat Uber Sirus with Conversion Trap, you didn't beat the game.
I think that nerfs are necessary in the current state of the game. Would be nice if players and monsters are brought down together so that mechanical one shots are available for uber tier content and more rare while mapping/gearing up to that point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info