Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

I just sit here and wonder every patch when GGG will learn that gutting the only playable builds people manage to hodge podge around the constant nerfs isn't "balancing" the game. they ALWAYS take the cheap, lazy, and easy route of generic monster buffs + Player nerfs to make their game more difficult instead of actually coming up with real game mechanics that make things fun and interesting. Patches and league have been half baked since the announcement of POE 2, And they've been even worse after they sold the company to Tencent. I feel like Chris has made his money and now he just sluffs through day to day to fufil his contractual obligations to Tencent, X-ing off the calendar until he can just retire, without a care in the world about how bad off his creation is.
big yikes.
"
Relationship wrote:
Meta feels the same, which isn't too amazing but hoping we get some solid "wow" changes..

Necro change is odd not necessarily the +2 nerf but the Unholy might since most the modest-low end phys minion builds use Brutality..

Let's hope for the best though.

Minions have no penalties anymore which makes room for actually different ailments now, like bleed and poison :3
Dear GGG, DON'T go to extreme lengths when nerfing something, try to be reasonable and adjust numbers rather than deleting something entirely (like the 15% reservation master and +2 minion level ascendancy).
Great work GGG. Looking forward to the free mirrors league.

Ignore the whiners.
Finally something interesting is coming
POGGERS
"
noobslayer09 wrote:
I just sit here and wonder every patch when GGG will learn that gutting the only playable builds people manage to hodge podge around the constant nerfs isn't "balancing" the game. they ALWAYS take the cheap, lazy, and easy route of generic monster buffs + Player nerfs to make their game more difficult instead of actually coming up with real game mechanics that make things fun and interesting. Patches and league have been half baked since the announcement of POE 2, And they've been even worse after they sold the company to Tencent. I feel like Chris has made his money and now he just sluffs through day to day to fufil his contractual obligations to Tencent, X-ing off the calendar until he can just retire, without a care in the world about how bad off his creation is.

Weird, somehow there are every league again playable builds,... I wonder hows that possible if they destroyed so far any playable builds,... I mean, from your perspective there shouldn't be any builds remaining they can nerf or am I wrong? :,D
When I sit down to read a game balance manifesto I expect to see things nerfed into the ground... it's sad, but it happens... and things buffed to the point I'm excited.

You nerfed, lots.

You didn't make me excited at all to play next league.

I'd say that's a big fail.
So... basically move power away from easy sources and place into gear?

Read: average players are gonna struggle more, but top 1% is gonna remain basically untouched or even buffed

So amplify the situation of game being too easy after a certain gear point, but horribly hard if you are not into gearcrafting or grind 5+ hours a day? Genius...

The guy behind minions change is a piece of work: Now we have a mandatory mod on helm(and fuk people who consider uniqs on the slot, zombs aparently are op anyway) and in return, a strong ascend will now have the same power as a jewel socket with a 1c jewel... awesome... Im quite sure the T1 mods on the new wands are gonna surpass the nerf to charges, good to those that can afford wands with now mandatory affixes on top of the currently required 2 prefixes i guess...

GGG is aiming for that sweet spot where only streamers and no lifers play the game(focusing on the whales, full diablo immortal style)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info