The Sound of Sentinels

Cool I guess, but without

sound_effects_volume2=false

deli maps just impossible to play.
May peace be with you, exile.
I really do like the Sound of path of Exile. It just feels right.
The only time I have issues with sound is when there are a lot of overlapping sounds and it just dies. Maybe something like Dynamic culling for Sounds could help? No clue if that is even possible or reasonable.
interesting how much goes into seemingly simple things
IGN: HarroHarbinger
It's good that you guys care about sounds, but we seriously gotta do something about the fact that sounds actually really impact the performance(FPS, frametime etc) and it's a known fact.
I love the sound work here, I just really wish there was a method to turn up specific sounds that are dangerous - like the sound of some random person in your group popping a pandemonium sentinel in the middle of a flash breach.

I'd really love to see more discussion about the griefing nature of these things, and having access to audio tools that allow us to tweak them (particularly within the context of group play madness) would be very helpful.

The visual signals of the sentinel buff status also tend to get hidden in group play.
These kinds of articles (behind the door) sneak peek at dev process are great. Enjoying the sound & songs of POE.
that was quite nice, as a sound designer myself it was kinda obvious how this sound was made but still cool, the sentinel sound design is Top tier, just like everything else.
what i dislike is even in the showcase the build being used is a Meta as fuck Tornadoshot build.
even the bro showcasing couldnt be botherd to play something non meta. kek
Last edited by JohnBregol on Jun 29, 2022, 8:31:05 AM
they make sounds?
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
Nice sound work as always. what's going to be the sound when they allow auto accept trade? be cool if a creepy voice said "trade complete" or "check your trade board God Slayer"
Thanks! Sounds are indeed very cool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info