[3.24] 41+ million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

You guys are way above my pay grade but i am still enjoying this build as i have it.
I suppose i need help as to what my next upgrade should be? i suspect cluster jewels but i would prefer defense over damage.
Get a bit slower as you get older - seriously.
What i can drop to get what i need would be appreciated, 5 div at the moment.
Thanks.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
You guys are way above my pay grade but i am still enjoying this build as i have it.
I suppose i need help as to what my next upgrade should be? i suspect cluster jewels but i would prefer defense over damage.
Get a bit slower as you get older - seriously.
What i can drop to get what i need would be appreciated, 5 div at the moment.
Thanks.

move watchers eye to the socket above the frenetic node (+1 frenzy node)
unspec leech nodes (you can keep one of the small leech nodes currently you have invested too much into leech.).
unspec replenishing remedies and spec into carful conservationist instead, you have a small chance to crit so careful conservationist will always be active and give more flask charges than replenishing remedies.
Unspec Fangs of the viper and entropy. Its better to go towards Lethe shades and growth and decay.
You have whispers of doom on your amulet but its only 4 points away on the tree so it would be better to spec into it and change the anoint to something like corruption for wither effect.
If you really wanna become tanky you can drop overflowing chalice, quicksilver and granite for a taste of hate, ruby and topaz flask.
There is alos a easy socket above charisma, and the 8% damage per aura mastery should give more damage.

If you go for lethe shade you need high chaos res, corrupted blood immunity and some way to eaither reduce bleed damage or avoidance. Soul of ralakesh can cover for the bleed parts.

If you have flask uptime problems spec into the first small node in the Replenishing remedies cluster again.
Appreciated Goldordeath.
I am testing in PoB, but it looks like dropping the 3% res efficiency on the jewel is ok if drop clarity and one of your rings has a decent agony reserve eff roll? Trying to test in game also, but I have some things goofing up my test.

"
I am testing in PoB, but it looks like dropping the 3% res efficiency on the jewel is ok if drop clarity and one of your rings has a decent agony reserve eff roll? Trying to test in game also, but I have some things goofing up my test.

You *can* drop the 3% res efficiency if your Herald of Agony Has Increased Mana Reservation Efficiency is high enough (I have), but I would recommend not dropping the Watcher's Eye -mana cost mod/Level 1 Clarity. After a few days testing now, the best configuration is to run -mana cost on both the WE and Amulet, and have the Gain +3 Energy Shield per Enemy Hit with Attacks mod on your Jewel.

You will never run out of ES/mana again on bosses with that setup. With only one -mana cost + Gain ES per Enemy Hit, you still will.

P.S. there is a version that runs 11 Frenzy Charges if you can find the +1 Maximum Frenzy Charges Sanctified Relic. It uses a Precursor's Ring and a particular (extremely rare) Circle of Nostalgia. It's not easy to do, but it's possible.
Last edited by t0lkien on Feb 5, 2023, 10:10:42 AM
With the 10 frenzy charges I assume haste was just overkill and already poison capped, so defense w/ grace was a better option to push evasion closer to 95%?

+1 frenzy charge while affected by grace watchers eye? :) gl on that though hehe
"
With the 10 frenzy charges I assume haste was just overkill and already poison capped, so defense w/ grace was a better option to push evasion closer to 95%?

Yeah, although I have to say Haste still feels better.
So this is my first ever league and i tried to emulate the build, to the best of my ability whilst focusing on maxing out my defences as much as I can.

My effective HP seems to be at 120K which is a nice touch for now

but my dps looks really crappy at 2 mil

https://pastebin.com/37BH9twg

Love the grind but would love to know what am i exactly missing ?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Xhoras on Feb 6, 2023, 12:46:34 AM
"
Xhoras wrote:
So this is my first ever league and i tried to emulate the build, to the best of my ability whilst focusing on maxing out my defences as much as I can.

My effective HP seems to be at 120K which is a nice touch for now

but my dps looks really crappy at 2 mil

https://pastebin.com/37BH9twg

Love the grind but would love to know what am i exactly missing ?

Thanks in advance!

(1) Flame and Flesh for Avatar of Slaughter is your biggest missing DPS I think. I would work towards those 2 jewels asap. One is cheap-ish, one is lots more. See if you can get a medium cluster that is 5 (or 4) passives instead of 6, so you can equip them there like his build

(2) +1 to chaos skills on amulet and/or awakened void manipulation. I know its not cheap, but making your poison conconc +levels is good - you eventually want a lvl 21 divergent poison conc, but should? be able to get +1 chaos skills on ammy and awakened void manip much cheaper/sooner then the 21 div poison conc.

(2.5) Change your Chaos Mastery node to 20% effect of withered. Poison (or any DOT) does not leech, so the chaos leech you chose there only works on the projectile damage hit, not the poison. I just run atk dmg leech on my quicksilver to get the same thing

(3) Buy a divine life flask that is 30% quality, IIRC they are priced around 40c right now so not bad -- then spam alts to get a T1 saturated roll, 68-70% or I bought more alts. In the grand scheme of cost, a bunch of alts to roll a 69-70% saturated is worth it.

(4) When you get a lvl 3 enlighten, you should be able to ditch champion of the cause and switch it to whispers of doom on your ammy, so you can also curse with Temporal Chains (corrupt on gloves). Remember, temp chains increases the duration of the poison but DOES NOT decrease the damage per tick of the poison.. a good DPS boost to this build especially on bosses when you need to kite, your poison is still chipping away

(5) I think Haste is better than Grace. Even with 10 frenzy, haste still seems better as he said in last post ^, and I agree, the burst dmg to get poisons rolling is just so much faster with haste, and the stutter-step nature of this build just feels smoother with haste.

(6) Make a spreadsheet of the anomalous/divergent gems to get - sort by cost and work on those in order. Wither is your best friend, and divergent conc and anomalous withering step give you more wither - more better wither is insanely OP for this build :)

(7?) Timeless is decent, could be a tad better, but worry about that later I would say

(8?) Shield - Guess its not DPS, but it looks like you have elemental ailment avoidance crafted on shield, but we are already running purity of elements, so already immune. The shield could use a higher block % because you eventually want to replace your replica reckless defence jewel

(9?) Try to get that anomalous purity of elements, every inch of ele resist on skill gems means less you need on gear and can focus on DPS stats

Oh... and finally, listen to OP as these are just my ramblings, could be other things I missed :)
Last edited by Vandit49 on Feb 6, 2023, 2:42:04 AM
"
Xhoras wrote:

Hey, welcome to PoE. It's a tough game and takes a lot of time to understand (though I don't think anyone understands it completely, there's just too much to know).

There are a few things you can adjust to make things better:

• you really need the Curse Enemies with Temporal Chains on Hit implicit on your gloves. It's a big damage increase for us. It's better to keep the Witcher's Brew for when you can run two curses I think.
  • try to get a Divergent Poisonous Concoction skill gem to help with the Wither stacks (another big damage booster).
  • also get an Anomalous Withering Step gem. It adds extra Wither stacks.
  • work toward improving your belt and amulet. Your amulet particularly has no damage mods on it, and it's one of our biggest damage increasing items. In the meantime change the enchant on the amulet to be something more useful such as Corruption or Sovereignty.
  • your helmet has the wrong unveiled mod on it. It needs to be Increased Duration of Ailments you Inflict While Focused. You can then strategically trigger focus and get a really nice damage increase.
  • you are only at 85% to Hit because you've dropped the Accuracy nodes around Acuity node. You can only drop those if you have a Sanctified Relic from the league mechanic with Resolute Technique added to it via the Lycia's orb.
  • you've pathed to Testudo node when you should path to Retaliation in the tree. You should also select +1% Chance to Block Attack Damage per 5% Chance to Block on Equipped Shield from Shield Mastery eventually.
  • I would swap Grace for Haste for now to help with damage i.e. swap the positions of the gems and activate Haste, and trigger Vaal Grace when it's available. I actually still run Haste (though I probably should run Grace) even though the build is complete and I don't need the extra damage, because it just feels so good. If you prefer the extra tankiness of Grace, however, it's fine to run it.
  • work toward getting Awakened versions of support gems where they exist.
  • work toward an Unnatural Instinct gem eventually too. It's a big help.
  • make sure you aren't dropping Frenzy Charges at any time (you can watch the icon at the top left of your screen to see if it ever drops - you'll also hear a "pop" from Farrul's Fur). If you are, you will need to take another Increased Frenzy Charge Duration node.
  • you need to set your Withering Stacks in the Configuration section of PoB to "6". That will show your true DPS. When you upgrade the gems I mentioned, you can set it to 15 (because you will then be keeping the full amount of Wither stacks on mobs) and you'll see a significant damage increase.

There are other things you can improve as you go, including transitioning to a double curse setup, but you'll figure them out.

P.S. Trucker49 had some good points too.
Last edited by t0lkien on Feb 6, 2023, 3:35:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info