[Console] Path of Exile: Sentinel Console Launch

I actually like that PC plays 5 days ahead of us. It helps me with my league starter seeing people play with buffed and nerfed or new skill gems/ascendancies. I do believe that these patches should not be submitted last minute to avoid this, though. I take off 3 day to a week for each league launch in order to maximize my early profit. This cuts into that. Time is money. We were promised more communication for the console community and have yet to receive that. I do hope you come through on that soon.

Submit patches earlier to get certification before launch. Should be days or even a week ahead. It would even allow people with slower internet speeds to download the patch in time for launch and get to play on time with everyone else.
will they get the original mega buffed rares like the pc version and progress through the hotfixes too? i'm sure console players want to beta test too and experience the extensively tested original version.
"
dachoppa wrote:
will they get the original mega buffed rares like the pc version and progress through the hotfixes too? i'm sure console players want to beta test too and experience the extensively tested original version.

It's playable, just don't pick atlas nodes like metamorph, blight, because it doesn't make any sense :D These are fucking crazy with new rare mods..
Last edited by Reborn409 on May 18, 2022, 4:16:28 PM
"
dachoppa wrote:

No thanks :^)
"
jedgar4122 wrote:
"
stEasy clap wrote:
Take your time guys! We have 3 months with this league and I personally would rather a smooth rollout a few days late than a rushed, buggy, unplayable disaster. Looking forward to another great league!

-HH

Though I understand what you are saying it does not mitigate the lack of information we have for the delay. Most people who take time off or move their schedule around cannot just change that on the fly the morning of. We have little to no control over it at this point though remaining positive and waiting wont be acceptable for everyone.

VERY true. If I had taken time off for this league I would be pretty upset. My guess is something happened that either made them realize they had to delay their submission to MS, or MS rejected them for something major. But I’m a banker not a game designer so I won’t pretend to know 😂 see you out there bud!

Also, for people who did take time off. The lifehack is actually taking Monday off after you no-lifed all weekend. It’s far more rewarding to have the day off from work when your build is online and lapping the endgame, than it is to take time off to push to white/yellow maps. Plus you can avert disaster like this. Just my 0.02.

-HH
Someone plz post when the timer gets delayed again, thanks
"
Corey wrote:
Honestly not even surprising at this point it seems every league one of the platforms gets screwed over but never pc and they already get to play FIVE ENTIRE days before us.. Pathetic at this point to continue to use the certification excuse. I feel like I keep repeating myself when I say "speak with your wallet" thats all we are to ggg - $$$.

Also... What happened to we will communicate better with the consle community..... BULLSHIT

"Extensive testing" THANKS GGG

I also feel like I keep repeating myself in these threads! But here we go, again.

1. One of the platforms usually gets a delayed start because the certification approval process time is different for Sony and Microsoft, as are the hardware and networks between the PS4 and Xbox One. It is entirely plausible for one system to have a game-breaking bug that isn't present in the other, and I'm sure you'd rather have it discovered before the league launches, rather than during. PC PoE doesn't have that delay because they don't have to go through Sony/Microsoft's approval process to patch the game. This is also why PC gets restartless updates; the bureaucratic process is much faster with less parties involved. It isn't an excuse, by the way; the certification process for consoles is notorious among all developers in the industry. It affects everything from Minecraft to PUBG & Fortnite, Call of Duty to Stellaris, etc etc.

2. Console release is also staggered by five days to avoid having to go through the approval process so frequently. Do you realize how many delays console league starts would have if they needed four hotfixes over the first two days? It'd be much worse than a few hours. This is primarily to our benefit, as well. We get five days of insight as to how builds perform in a given league, allowing us to plan ahead. Where a PC player may unwittingly choose a build that massively underperforms in a new league, we have the ability to learn from their mistakes without needing to restart the Acts. We also get the guaranteed early league hotfixes from the get-go! The issues these hotfixes are for are often game-breaking and build-ruining, so in a sense, the PC is a beta test for us console players.

3. What do you mean by "what happened to we will communicate better with the console community," exactly? You literally commented on a forum post that is communicating the issue. This was also posted 18 hours in advance of the intended release time. Only, you chose to call the actual reason for the issue and resulting delay an excuse. They communicated; you just plugged your ears and pretended you couldn't hear.
Ice Shot Deadeye 'till the day I die
Last edited by ComradeAlis on May 18, 2022, 4:38:47 PM
Console players have to weigh 5 day longer, and then ggg can not just start the league as they promise. But if u need new MTX u know where u can buy it, u dont need to weigh for it.
I wont even bother quoting ur huge wall of text defending ggg... I mean thank god we get to see this ONE post about anything console related because they cant deliver their release on time lets all applaud ggg over this SINGULAR post describing why we cant play their game when they promised... Everybody with me now say slowly "THANK YOU GGG"
Last edited by Corey on May 18, 2022, 5:14:41 PM
It blows my mind how we haven't even so much as received an update regarding the status of launch.

Like are we just supposed to guess if it'll be tonight? 3am in the morning? Friday? Like even if you don't have an ETA just tell us... Like how about "We will provide updates every hour even if we don't have any news" Communication should NOT be this difficult.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info