[3.18] ShakCentral's Righteous Fire Trapper Inquisitor For Everyone

can someone who knows their stuff look at my character?

I'm struggling to upgrade my dps.

I'm SSF and I can do all tiers of red maps but the clear speed isn't great. Bosses take relatively long, anywhere from like 10 seconds to a whole minute.
Tier 15-16 map bosses im hard pressed to ever kill in under half a minute. Some bosses I cant kill at all if they are juiced with sentinel or hard mods because their regen is too big.
I did unjuiced veritania today, died twice and fight took me about 2 minutes.
Needless to say I would fail any higher tier bosses above the tier 16 guardian bosses.
tier 16 lava lake boss Kitava with no real difficulty modifiers took me over 5 minutes (!!!) to kill

I think my combined dps of fire trap and RF is about 500k. And some of my items are already pretty decent.

I have been rolling sceptres in harvest for a week, over 50 harvests done, but have never yet seen a sceptre with "+1 to all spell skill gems". I think that and lack of combinator drops is gatekeeping me from a solid upgrade.

Any tips? I've been basically playing for 10 hours with no real progress on the character except a level up.
IGN: GoldenPepe
Last edited by Genocider on May 27, 2022, 5:54:54 AM
^i have the same problem

i feel like we need the really expensive cluster jewels to do decent damage and that expensive aegis aurora shield and melding of the flesh jewel for defenses.

i couldnt even kill kosis in a 40% delirious map. some metamorphs are also impossible
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on May 27, 2022, 1:34:59 AM
Thanks for the guide, I've always wanted to run RF!

What is the best way to prioritize upgrading gear around the time you hit maps- what is the best bang for the buck? Most of the endgame items are 2-50ex or so, and when I'm bringing in money one chaos recipe at a time and risking death on t3 maps, that's daunting. I think early-mid maps is my biggest weakness in game knowledge.

Also, how important is it to grab cluster jewels as compared to other things in the build? At ~30-100c, they're cheaper than most other upgrades which makes them tempting.
"
Pixle_Twitch wrote:
"
Jack0o wrote:
Last season I've played HoA guardian with maxed blocks, resistances, CI etc... Decent damage & unkillable. This season I wanted to try something different and RF inquisitor seemed promissing. I'm a little dissapointed tho. I know I'm far from my final form, but I was hoping to comfortably clear at least some basic red maps while farming currency for better gear. Damage is ok for clearing regular mobs; bosses take some time tho. I also die a lot. Especially when I activate sentinel - even blue mobs can insta-one shot me. I have good life regen (1200+), maxed resistances (including chaos with active flask), stun & elemental ailments immunity. Ashes of the Stars and Replica Soul Tether are out of my range atm.

Any advices how to improve? Are there some milestones, some key items, some defensive/offensive spikes at some points?

Okey, RF & Fire traps both scale very well with gem levels, so try to search the market for wand or sceptre with increased(fire &or spell &or burring damage) and +1 to level of all fire spell skill gems, and it must have an open suffix, so you can craft from bench #% fire damage over time multi. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/VQ2n95wcp

Next, you need to change your amulet, with increased(fire &or spell &or damage over time multi) and also another +1 to level of all fire skill gems, if you can't find a decent one than skip the +1 amulet, and search for one with increased fire damage or spell damage, and with #% to damage over time multi, like these: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/QbvPmL7tw

You can only cast one single curse on enemies, so don't use witchfire brew flask, cuz it will cancel your flammability cusre everytime you use it.

Helmet, try to craft or buy one with socketed gems has 30 more elemental damage, and either socketed gems are supported with burning damage or concentrated effect.
Although it might cost you around 2ex, so if you don't have the currency just use what you have for now, but you must upgrade it ASAP, it will boost your single target so much.

Gloves, Spam eater of world currency on it, to get (Inflict Fire Exposure on Hit, applying -#% to Fire Resistance) implicit, it will boost your damage, or buy a decent one https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Sentinel/d44G2LPsJ

Shield, use Ahn's Heritage instead lots of armor, life and +2 max res to all resistance, until you can afford Aegis Aurora.

Maps, if you dying alot in red maps and you want to make currency fast, than just play in white or yellow maps and use the juiced Sentinels.

Finally: I highly suggest that you search Pohx RF on youtube, the dude has very good guide for RF. Good luck & have fun man.

Wow, many great tips. I will try to follow as my currency allow it ;)
Thanks a ton!
why is this build so popular, even in top #1 poe ninja? is it so OP and budget?
"
nqtuan92 wrote:
why is this build so popular, even in top #1 poe ninja? is it so OP and budget?

its OP with aegis aurora shield and melding of the flesh jewel. shield is 4.5ex and the jewel is 6ex so definitely not budget.

if you play without those items the build is average both damage and defenses.
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on May 28, 2022, 4:26:31 AM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
"
nqtuan92 wrote:
if you play without those items the build is average both damage and defenses.

id say its still above average defences, but below average damage, without some of the key uniques. I play ssf so thats what I have right now. Being able to face tank most t16 bosses and exarchs/squidward too (except the instakill mechanics), but take 5 minutes to kill all of them due to half a mil dps only.
IGN: GoldenPepe
Last edited by Genocider on May 28, 2022, 7:02:06 AM
Please check your Pob OP, All of your rare item dont show any information:

"
nqtuan92 wrote:
Please check your Pob OP, All of your rare item dont show any information:

Mine is also doing this, hopefully gets fixed soon. this is my first time playing RF and don't know what to get gear wise.
Well, I got some improvements and.... I still die a lot :/ I'm a bit confused right now. The only things that affect me are bleeding and poison but thanks to high regen I didn't notice it as a big problem. I have Aegis Aurora, I have max block, max resistances (including chaos; no Melding of the Flesh yet), I am immune to stun and to elemental ailments (I could cap block without Tempest Shield so I kept Purity of Elements). And still even some blue mobs can one-shot me, not to mention yellows and some hard-hitting bosses. I know more HP could be helpfull (due to change to Aegis I went from 4300 to 3700); same with armour (22k without flasks, 28k with flasks) but still, kinda disappointing. Damage is OK'ish but survivability is meh. Nothing compared to my HoA Guardian from last league :( Any further tips would be appreciated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info