[3.20] Lightning Trap Saboteur | League Starter | Endgame Bosser | 4+mil dps on a 5link.

"
patriley wrote:

Ty so much for ur reply, Sir.

I decide to give a try to this build, so Im going to prepare a document to level with leveling gems, sockets, etc and practice a bit.

Ill wait for ur updated guide too.

Is not a good idea to use The Annihilating Light staff? u loose power charges but deal 3x damage.

My lightning trap character in sentinel league currently has 12 power charges. Using PoB, JUST replacing the weapons with annihilating light funnily enough is a 0.3% dps increase, however instead of throwing traps 6.25 times a second, I throw traps 5 times a second (I throw 1.6 traps on average each time). This means I lose about 260 life recovery and 100 energy shield recovery per second. This is also ignoring the fact that the staff has a MASSIVE resistance penalty which is too much to account for on a build that already somewhat struggles to get resistances and attributes.

We don't need a second 6link, as lightning trap clears a screen of monsters pretty well and doesn't need supplemental single target, so the staff doesn't really have anything to warrant replacing the void batteries.

Power charge stacking is really just that good.

Last edited by Ekule731 on Aug 15, 2022, 6:35:48 PM
Well, first leveling test done with this build.

5 hours 13 min finish campaign and labs.

Looks pretty solid build. Waiting for ur updated guide with nerves!
"
patriley wrote:

Did you end up making that document? If you're willing to share it I'm sure some people would find it helpful. Still working on the acts leveling guide, and will probably update my PoB's today
I've been messing around in PoB with the new thunderfist gloves and it definitely seems to be the best way to play the league early. Thunderfist gloves have the SAME dps as slavedrivers with a 5 link. This means we can use them until we have a 6 link tinkerskin, slave drivers, and void batteries. Furthermore, since this opens up a 5 link body we can attach hydrosphere to our arcanist brand for an additional -10% lightning resist. Depending on how expensive they are you could stabilize your build pretty quickly with thunderfist + unlinked tinkerskin too. You could probably use them with lightning spire as well but that would require changing the build quite a lot.

edit: Multiple exposures don't stack so you don't get the additional lightning pen, but you can link any other skill, or just have a 4 + 2 for your cast on death portal.
Last edited by rawfodoc on Aug 17, 2022, 11:56:06 AM
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
patriley wrote:

Did you end up making that document? If you're willing to share it I'm sure some people would find it helpful. Still working on the acts leveling guide, and will probably update my PoB's today

Its an Excel document with only gems that i need to buy for 6L and the level at we can buy and then 2 item color sockets for search on the shop (and in the filter) and items order list that i copy from one of ur answer.

Anyway I can copy it here so you can add it to the notes section of the PoB
"
patriley wrote:
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
patriley wrote:

Its an Excel document with only gems that i need to buy for 6L and the level at we can buy and then 2 item color sockets for search on the shop (and in the filter) and items order list that i copy from one of ur answer.

Anyway I can copy it here so you can add it to the notes section of the PoB

Its fine, I'll be going through it now. PoB links and everything else should be updated. Let me know if anything seems outdated.
what is the ascendancy order?
and how do we make enemy burn in order to benefit from explosive expert?

beside that seems like a nice build !
"
sfpTV wrote:
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
sfpTV wrote:
Hi all. Is there any leveling tips for this build? Never played shadow before. I would be very grateful for a hint!

I plan to add an acts leveling guide section before the league starts. Expect that within the next 1-2 days.

It would be great, thanks!

It took me longer than expected to update the rest of the guide before moving on to the leveling guide but I did get to it. I only really mentioned things that directly relate to this build while leveling. Let me know if its confusing or seems to be missing something.
"
Astraeusel wrote:
what is the ascendancy order?
and how do we make enemy burn in order to benefit from explosive expert?

beside that seems like a nice build !

1.) Perfect Crime
2.) Pyromaniac
3.) Born in the Shadows
4.) Explosives Expert

You can either use some form of fire damage added to spells, such as on hypnotic eye jewels (Which enables us to ignite enemies on crit), or if your mana permits, infernal legion support linked to skitterbots so that they cause nearby enemies to burn. Technically Vaal RF also burns nearby enemies, as does the burning ground left by flame dash, though those are harder to make use of.
I played that build last league and it was super fun! Will start LoK with it again. Thanks for guide!

My_equip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info