[3.20] Lightning Trap Saboteur | League Starter | Endgame Bosser | 4+mil dps on a 5link.

Hi all. Is there any leveling tips for this build? Never played shadow before. I would be very grateful for a hint!
"
sfpTV wrote:
Hi all. Is there any leveling tips for this build? Never played shadow before. I would be very grateful for a hint!

Levelling as traps is as easy as it gets. Just grab whatever supports/skills you come across and you'll one shot everything.
"
rawfodoc wrote:
The new thunderfist gloves seem really strong after the new patch, how viable do you think they are for this build now?
"
The Thunderfist Unique Gloves no longer has +25-30 to maximum Energy Shield, or 100% increased Duration of Lightning Ailments. It also no longer has 10% increased Stun Duration on Enemies, or Adds 1 to 100 Lightning Damage to Attacks. Instead, it now has 150-200% increased Evasion and Energy Shield, and 100% increased effect of Lightning Ailments. It also now has Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 30 Added Lightning Damage (previously Level 18).

The gloves grant effect of lightning ailments, which can make it easier to apply a maximum effect shock, however there are other sources of ailment effect that we have that dont require sacrificing a gear slot, especially gloves.

The socketed gems are supported by level 30 added lightning is certainly interesting, however it requires the main gem to be socketed into the gloves (which is at most a 4link) rather than the body armour which can be a 6link. This can be a budget option while you are working towards a 6link and Slavedrivers, though is definetely not BiS.

Slavedrivers are just too good to not use. They have 2 things that are EXTREMELY powerful. They convert the mana cost of all traps into a life cost. This frees up the need to rely on a mana flask or clarity (which wouldnt be able to keep up with the high trap throwing speed of 9-10 frenzy charges) The other thing that the gloves do, which is arguably more important, is that they allow cast speed to affect trap throwing speed. Its easy to get over 100% increased cast speed on the character (40% coming from the frenzy charges, 20% from onslaught, and up to 20% for each wand) which is then converted into trap throwing speed.
"
sfpTV wrote:

I plan to add an acts leveling guide section before the league starts. Expect that within the next 1-2 days.
Last edited by Ekule731 on Aug 15, 2022, 11:09:33 AM
Hey, first of all, thx for the guide and OFC thx for reply all users that ask u. Much aprecciated.

I never play as main a trapper and this league i wanted to start with a Fire trapper. I have my document with upgrades, leveling, etc but after nerf (now level 20 fire trap have same damage that level 18) have some doubts. Then ill se ur guide.

Is good enough for killing bosses/invitations at the start? or doing Expedition?

Fire trap is comfortable (just one skill use, have DoT, dont waste Life while throw traps..) and do invitations/bosses pretty good with no BIG investments (ofc money u get, waste on ur stuff for next upgrades, I´m not talking about do uber maven with 3ex stuff xD).

Is lightning trap able to do the same? Ofc i want to push the build to the limit, but im talking about 2/3 first days.

Im scared about ruin my league start if try this build and im not to be able to reach my first day goals because i may be lost on the upgrades or how this build works around power charges.

Anyway, ill be waiting with ilusion ur 3.19 guide.

Thx again and gather strength for the next league start
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
sfpTV wrote:

I plan to add an acts leveling guide section before the league starts. Expect that within the next 1-2 days.

It would be great, thanks!
Hello, i just want to start this build next league.
And want to ask about it was a good idea or will be better check anothers builds?
Last edited by Kokluch on Aug 15, 2022, 3:30:18 PM
"
patriley wrote:
Hey, first of all, thx for the guide and OFC thx for reply all users that ask u. Much aprecciated.

I never play as main a trapper and this league i wanted to start with a Fire trapper. I have my document with upgrades, leveling, etc but after nerf (now level 20 fire trap have same damage that level 18) have some doubts. Then ill se ur guide.

Is good enough for killing bosses/invitations at the start? or doing Expedition?

Fire trap is comfortable (just one skill use, have DoT, dont waste Life while throw traps..) and do invitations/bosses pretty good with no BIG investments (ofc money u get, waste on ur stuff for next upgrades, I´m not talking about do uber maven with 3ex stuff xD).

Is lightning trap able to do the same? Ofc i want to push the build to the limit, but im talking about 2/3 first days.

Im scared about ruin my league start if try this build and im not to be able to reach my first day goals because i may be lost on the upgrades or how this build works around power charges.

In archnemesis league id killed both searing exarch and eater of worlds by the start of the second day. My investment was at the time like 2-3 ex (thats early league prices, basically just the amulet and one void battery). By the start of the third day id killed maven and shortly afterwards uber elder. My investment was about 10ex (if you count the 6link i got in 250 fusing as 5ex). The encounters were comfortable enough that on the 4th day I started carrying uber elders for people.

In Sentinel league I chose to league start the build one more time but due to t16 maps stubbornly not dropping it took me until the 4th day to get all 4 voidstones, though this time on a smaller budget and 5link for maven. Id taken down the feared by the 6th day of the league. With like 15-20 ex invested, though def could have done it with less. I linked all my gear that I had for those fights near the bottom of the build guide if you are interested.

Player skill is a factor, and noone is more familiar with my build than me, but I had what I consider to be a strong league start both leagues. I certainly felt squishy at times, mostly while mapping, but for the budget I had I was fine with it.

Now there is one problem you should be aware of, that affects most builds, that they are making base game uniques drop far less often, and they are messing with the drop chance of specific uniques on a case by case basis to compensate. Void Batteries and badge of the brotherhood have historically been rather rare drops. I'm assuming they made them somewhat more common due to uniques dropping less often but I simply don't know how available those particular items will be.

The gloves are gated behind a boss, so that shouldn't be any more/less available than earlier leagues, and I doubt tinkerskin is going to be made into a super rare item. The rast of the rares and uniques shouldn't be an issue.

Hope you have a strong league start, good luck.
"
Kokluch wrote:
Hello, i just want to start this build next league.
And want to ask about it was a good idea or will be better check anothers builds?

I recommend you read my reply to another player I posted right before this one
Last edited by Ekule731 on Aug 15, 2022, 3:33:54 PM
"
Ekule731 wrote:
"
patriley wrote:

In archnemesis league id killed both searing exarch and eater of worlds by the start of the second day. My investment was at the time like 2-3 ex (thats early league prices, basically just the amulet and one void battery). By the start of the third day id killed maven and shortly afterwards uber elder. My investment was about 10ex (if you count the 6link i got in 250 fusing as 5ex). The encounters were comfortable enough that on the 4th day I started carrying uber elders for people.

In Sentinel league I chose to league start the build one more time but due to t16 maps stubbornly not dropping it took me until the 4th day to get all 4 voidstones, though this time on a smaller budget and 5link for maven. Id taken down the feared by the 6th day of the league. With like 15-20 ex invested, though def could have done it with less. I linked all my gear that I had for those fights near the bottom of the build guide if you are interested.

Player skill is a factor, and noone is more familiar with my build than me, but I had what I consider to be a strong league start both leagues. I certainly felt squishy at times, mostly while mapping, but for the budget I had I was fine with it.

Now there is one problem you should be aware of, that affects most builds, that they are making base game uniques drop far less often, and they are messing with the drop chance of specific uniques on a case by case basis to compensate. Void Batteries and badge of the brotherhood have historically been rather rare drops. I'm assuming they made them somewhat more common due to uniques dropping less often but I simply don't know how available those particular items will be.

The gloves are gated behind a boss, so that shouldn't be any more/less available than earlier leagues, and I doubt tinkerskin is going to be made into a super rare item. The rast of the rares and uniques shouldn't be an issue.

Hope you have a strong league start, good luck.

Ty so much for ur reply, Sir.

I decide to give a try to this build, so Im going to prepare a document to level with leveling gems, sockets, etc and practice a bit.

Ill wait for ur updated guide too.

Is not a good idea to use The Annihilating Light staff? u loose power charges but deal 3x damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info