[3.20] Lightning Trap Saboteur | League Starter | Endgame Bosser | 4+mil dps on a 5link.

"
DjeroNimoo wrote:
Guys, who can watch my build(Briarey_ lvl 90 Saboteur in my profile)?
In PoB i have 95% dodge chance, but in game defence dodge chance 80%.
Why this difference? What's difference? what exactly chance?
I guess, i need change helmet to dodge base and get suppress from all parts of equipment)
and may be change one battery to shield to more defensive for me. or i can get def some where else?

IDK if you are talking about dodge chance as in spell suppression or just evasion base but since at one point I had the same thought I think you are meaning the spell suppression and its because the evasion and life wheel where you get the grace mana reserve efficiency wheel gives you %10 spell supression IF you are on FULL life. If you actually want to cap your spell suppression you can go for Atziri's Step and get that resist on your boots from your rings or smth. Also buy a Stygian Vise so you can put a jewel on it for more life maybe some energy shield and also you are not using your ascendancy rn if I am looking at it correctly. You need some source of fire damage from your items or Infernal Legion Support so try to get fire damage to spells on your abyss jewel aswell.

Another little thing I can also say is that try to get some more strength and level up your steelskin I guess
"
DjeroNimoo wrote:
Guys, who can watch my build(Briarey_ lvl 90 Saboteur in my profile)?
In PoB i have 95% dodge chance, but in game defence dodge chance 80%.
Why this difference? What's difference? what exactly chance?
I guess, i need change helmet to dodge base and get suppress from all parts of equipment)
and may be change one battery to shield to more defensive for me. or i can get def some where else?

- So i'm assuming this is the character you were talking about:
https://pastebin.com/pzW6Uw0h

- I would like to note that Dodge, and Evade, are very seperate mechanics. Attack Dodge has been removed from the game, but spell dodge is still attainable through the Acrobatics Keystone. I'm going to assume that you mean Evade.

- Evasion Rating, and evading, are complex in calculation, but basic in function giving you a chance to completely avoid an attack hit.

* Evasion rating, and evade in general exclusively apply to attacks (NOT SPELLS)

- Chance to Evade depends on player Evasion Rating and monster accuracy. Monsters that are more accurate (Such as certain rare monsters, or bosses) will result in a lower chance to evade. In the game character sheet, and PoB, the chance to evade is based on assumptions of the monster that would be hitting you, in particular a 'white' monster of an equal level to you, up to monster level 83.

* The same assumptions are made about armour rating and its % mitigation (which is VERY variable based on how hard the hit was). So while the in game character sheet may show a 90% damage reduction value against a rat biting your ankle, the value may be MUCH lower against a larger hit like a boss slam (lower than 30% damage reduction in some cases) When a monster lands a hit, the % mitigation for armour is calculated, then flat % mitigation (such as the 4% from endurance charges) are added on top. This makes generic % physical damage reduction far more valuable in armour builds, making up somewhat for the variability of armour, and the diminishing returns for high armour values.

* Like Armour, evasion rating has diminishing returns at high values, though unlike armour, its rather effective at low values (3,000 armour may mitigate less than 5% of the damage from a hit, but 3,000 evasion rating still gives a 15-20%+ chance to evade)

- When a monster 'hits' you, your evasion rating, and their accuracy are checked to give a % chance to evade. After this sources of % chance to evade are then added on top of that chance (Examples include "5-8% chance to evade while affected by Grace" from watcher's eyes, and Vaal Grace's +15% chance to evade). Like % mitigation and armour, these base % chance to evade modifiers are particularly valuable at higher evasion values, where diminishing returns are very prevalent. You have both the watcher's eye modifier and vaal grace on your character.

- To answer your question, PoB BY DEFAULT ENABLES VAAL SKILLS, such as your Vaal Grace. This is the primary reason that your value in PoB is much higher than in game. The majority of the time you will not have Vaal grace, such as in hideout which is where people generally look at their character sheet. Your watcher's eye modifier will likely show up in your in game character sheet, though I haven't tested to confirm.

* Evasion has a mechanic called entropy, which means that unlike dodge, it is not truly random. It effectively guarantees a hit (or miss) periodically, preventing unusually long random streaks of hits or misses. It's a complex set of calculations that I don't care enough to explain, and that has little to no impact on actual itemization or gameplay strategy.

* Spell suppression only applies to spells (Which evasion rating does not affect) and is a truly random chance to by default HALVE the damage from the hit (as opposed to outright preventing all the damage from the hit with evasion or dodge). Unlike Evasion which has a cap of 95%, and dodge which has a cap of 75%, you can have a 100% chance to suppress spell damage. There are a couple ways to raise or lower the % of damage mitigated by suppressing the spell, such as the spell suppression mastery, or map modifiers.

* As evasion rating only applies to attacks, not investing in spell suppression will leave you comparatively vulnerable to spells. Focusing on spell suppression rather than sources of evade chance beyond evasion rating will likely be more beneficial.
Last edited by Ekule731 on Sep 2, 2022, 11:42:34 AM
Hi!

I am following the guide! Thank you for it, it is really fun!

Just a quick silly question, do we follow the PoB links or the Passive Tree ones that go to PoE Planner? Both are different.

Thanks!
Hi, other than being on a bit on the squishier side which is to be expected really I'm enjoying the built. It sure is expensive though!

I currently have about 150C and a Divine orb saved up, but I don't have any of the BiS or recommended uniques.

If I needed to upgrade, what should I be prioritizing? Void Batteries, Tinkerskin, Badge of Brotherhood, or the Slavedriver hands?

I do feel my damage overall lacking as I'm right there at red maps, would getting to 16% cast speed void batteries help with that?

https://pastebin.com/5nHskdcm
Here is a link to my current PoB if that helps.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
"
sk8punker123 wrote:
Hi, other than being on a bit on the squishier side which is to be expected really I'm enjoying the built. It sure is expensive though!

I currently have about 150C and a Divine orb saved up, but I don't have any of the BiS or recommended uniques.

If I needed to upgrade, what should I be prioritizing? Void Batteries, Tinkerskin, Badge of Brotherhood, or the Slavedriver hands?

I do feel my damage overall lacking as I'm right there at red maps, would getting to 16% cast speed void batteries help with that?

https://pastebin.com/5nHskdcm
Here is a link to my current PoB if that helps.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I league started this and it did start to get pretty rough getting into red maps without the key items.

IMO I felt the biggest difference getting Slavedrivers first. This completely eliminated my mana issue. Mind I had a 5L tinker, which if you don't have I would suggest (They are cheap). After that getting the voids and then badge. Also if you don't have 3 pierce helm enchant... get one. QOL is huge with it.
Hi, I was able to go from league start to bosses with this build but I have hit a wall against the uber bosses.

I don't know what to focus now and if my passive tree is ok. I know I should get flame/flash and +1 helmet at some point, but it's kinda costy for me. May someone help?

https://pastebin.com/kTjFn7qb
Hi, wanted to thank the build creator for this build. Started this league with poison conc to farm up the gear and gems for this build. All went well and even with just 10 charges, bossing (invitations and the main bosses) feelz amazing. I have tried the lowlife light traps sabo before and i felt charge stacking deffo deals more damage at the cost of some defenses. Looking forward to play this build in future leagues too. :)
Is there an updated talent tree pastebin? It looks like the ones posted in this guide don't match the current tree.
do you need to use pierce gem if you dont have enchant? i wanna play this build in mayhem league
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Nov 4, 2022, 4:52:45 AM
Just did a test run up to act 9 with this, seems solid. I'm now checking PoB for possible improvements during leveling, to maximize speed, and Nycta's Lantern seems like the most promising thing, being far superior to any rare weapon in the first few hours. My plan now is to use Nycta's until I get my hands on Agnerod West. And then obviously go void batteries later

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info