[3.22] SadPanda's Summon Crit Mage Skeletons Guide | All the Uber Uber content done/Deep delver

"
NoxNothus wrote:
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Could you please help me out with my skele mages build? I would very much appreciate any suggestions what I am doing wrong.

https://pastebin.com/LC1hR8Hh

I know that the gear is not good, but I did not think it is that terrible. Most of the presented around "medium budget" builds have around 1-1.5m dps per skele mage. I am currently sitting barely at 168k dps per mage.

The worse thing for me now is that I have checked in POB, that even if I will buy very expensive 5/20 awakened gems and 21 vaal skeletons gem, the DPS will rise to 240k dps per mage, which is... VERY low for such investment in comparison to different builds...

Appreciate your support, Gents!

You have a lot of room to improve ^^ and never trust pob it is never right.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
I like tanky recovery builds.
Im cifre tly a life variant with a 3% life recovery on block shield, but defn dont feel tanky.

Can you look at my character and see if it'd be feasible amd affordable to swap to your build?
"
evoeye wrote:
I like tanky recovery builds.
Im cifre tly a life variant with a 3% life recovery on block shield, but defn dont feel tanky.

Can you look at my character and see if it'd be feasible amd affordable to swap to your build?

Sure, I think if you get aegis and swap to my tree it should be easier and easier as you get the pieces for my version.
https://pobb.in/q3KvAaPtPonB

Hey again! Need some help on deciding on next step here :)
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
NoxNothus wrote:
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Could you please help me out with my skele mages build? I would very much appreciate any suggestions what I am doing wrong.

I know that the gear is not good, but I did not think it is that terrible. Most of the presented around "medium budget" builds have around 1-1.5m dps per skele mage. I am currently sitting barely at 168k dps per mage.

The worse thing for me now is that I have checked in POB, that even if I will buy very expensive 5/20 awakened gems and 21 vaal skeletons gem, the DPS will rise to 240k dps per mage, which is... VERY low for such investment in comparison to different builds...

Well... I guess? Thank you for this very valuable in insightful comment. All in all I didn't say that already, right? Do you have any specific feedback or just spamming?
"
NoxNothus wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
NoxNothus wrote:
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Well... I guess? Thank you for this very valuable in insightful comment. All in all I didn't say that already, right? Do you have any specific feedback or just spamming?

Well, buddy your build has no similarities to mine, I don't know what do you want me to say? I don't use pob and I don't play this game with the numbers on pob. I just trust my previous experience with a build and guide with what I got there.
I don't use your build but took some info/tips from it and it made my skeleton mages experience much better. Managed to kill my first uber boss today!
Thanks for all the insight :)
Hey I've switched to this build and feels a bit rough on the dps side, obviously I'm missing the really expensive parts, but now I'm left here with a really slow bossing, (cant fund it using legal ingame options) and unable to do clearing content since the ai is so iffy + i dont do any dmg outside of vaal skeletons, oh and also aniamted guardian got 1 shotted with a sentineled rare and ate 10+ ex

Any logical way to improve it? I'm at the point where the next item upgrades would be multiple exalts, same for gems, and dropping hp talents for dmg since clearing a map would be 15-20min

https://poe.ninja/pob/7Pw
"
NoxNothus wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
NoxNothus wrote:
Hi Ladies and Gents,

You've got alot of settings wrong on PoB, in reality your dps is higher than you think.

1. You've got Sirus as your target of choice. All bosses have 50% to all elemental resistances and Fleshcrafter doesn't work in PoB. So you gotta manully decrease boss resistances by -50% so the boss is at 0% resistances, not 50%.
2. You haven't added your AG to your PoB
3. You're not using single target gems in your dps calculations, but mapping gems.
4. You're PoB checks for Vaal Skellies, not normal skellies.

This is how your PoB should look with 6 million dps total:

If you're looking to improve your current build you mostly want to clean up your gems getting a 21/0 skeletons and quality on your gems.

You also have some questionable things going on in your build. For example, you're running Glancing blows when you're already attack block capped with 0% spell block.

If you truly want to scale your damage up, what you should do is start scaling crit into your build. You do this by adding brittle boots and crit multisupport gems. This requires you to run 2 white sockets in your staff though. You also want to run Vicious Bite large clusters.

Also, you're not running any offering. Your build is kinda weird having 75% attack block and 0% spellblock. So running Bone Offering would be weird. Flesh Offering is always very good to boost your damage. But might be an idea to run Bone Offering and try to max out spell block. Can't do it without a shield for Tempest Shield though.
Skitterbots doesn't serve much purpoe in the build either. Your lightning skellies already will shock for ~10% shock effect and your cold mages are chilling. I think it's a waste of mana reservation.

Your build should look something like this cleaned up with some cheap changes:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/5zYhnQen
Changes include:
- New Boots with brittle.
- Slightly changed skill tree
- Optimized gemsetup with a trigger(arcanist brand)
- Skill gem and Support gem updates (No Awakened gems).
- Proper flasks
- Some new cheap eye jewels.
- Vicious Bite cluster

Should result in ~14 million dps.

Keep in mind though, this won't help you too much with survivability. It's just optimization using your current build. In reality, you probably want to look into getting spell block capped with Tempest Shield, Bone Offering and start abusing Aegis Aurora like all other mage builds.
"
Sp0kie wrote:
I don't use your build but took some info/tips from it and it made my skeleton mages experience much better. Managed to kill my first uber boss today!
Thanks for all the insight :)

Good job dude ^^ I am glad that you managed to finish an uber boss, your build is solid :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info